No announcement yet.

floyd and golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    Not exactly as I remember it. Golovkin, when asked by HBO, said yes to the Ward fight back when the mw division was dead. Ward said no as he had contract issues at the time. It was only later when a big money fight with Canelo seemed to be on the horizon did Ward get his business in order and say yes.

Let's be honest about Golovkin fighting Ward. For Golovkin to be competitive with Ward he would have had to muscle up. There was no way Golovkin was going to be giving up 10 pounds and expect to even compete. If Golovkin fought Ward there was no going back to MW, no matter if he won or lost.

Let's also be honest about the fact that fighting Ward has never made anyone any money. Fighting Ward would have been a legacy only fight. Waiting for the Canelo fight has made enough money for Golovkin's children and his children's children.
    The bold: Very true.

It's also a true duck.
    Let's leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
      Cause its Floyd. Why else? You telling me other boxers wouldnt try to go down in weight to fight one of the best boxers ever?
      Only because Floyd is a boxing genius he is not going to hurt them, they are well paid to lose on points.

While the proper 154 fighters can KO GGG if he is weakened a little like Cotto vs Manny or be dead man walking Oscar fighting Manny. GGG wont risk draining himself against a bigger harder puncher like he would with Floyd.

Comment

at the end of the day ggg fighting at 154 was nothing but fantasy, in fact anything outside 160 is fantasy territory and we all know it, why waste time on this topic ?

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
          Dude. Why even ask **** when you already have a f ucking agenda and rebuttles to everything?

Please help keep understand you say, but you already know it all dont you?

Like i said. Let's be honest with ourselves. Honestly, you hate GGG for no apparent reason and regardless of anything anyone will say you arent gonna change your mind. So why dont you help yourself and not start dumb ass threads asking people to help you understand something you clearly dont want to.

Thanks.
          ya thats the problem...its always "for no apparent reason"...yet im sharing the reasons with you yet they cant be apparent to you guys...lol

its always just for no reason...and yet you guys still cant understand why anyone would bag on him....u guys are always in disbelief....its ok though...AJ fans are quickly taking over and leaving you in the dust with their excuses and disbelief....soon you will be forgotten

Comment

with golovkin its "its ok for golovkin to duck ward because he was trying to get a canelo fight...he made so much money for canelo fights his whole family is set for life...such a smart business decision"

but when canelo fights cotto and khan hes a poosy even though he ended up fighting golovkin twice anyway

heres your typical gggroupie in a nutshell

"hey floyd, canelo, cotto and ward....go do great things...go up in weight...fight nothing but p4p guys and dont retire ever...or else ill call u a poosy.....golovkin? you keep fighting whoever hbo will green light...even if they are C level...and when u step up competition just keep pumping out that jab so i can score rounds for you and tell everyone u really won"!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Yeah this is how I remember it. I’m not going to say there was much “ducking” going on but Ward wasn’t trying to make the fight that’s for sure.

The timing wasn’t great. I guess it could have happened when HBO asked them both (when GGG had limited options) and he said yes and Ward said he couldn’t at the time. I guess that’s the closest it could have been and had Ward forced it maybe he could have gotten it but LOL at 50/50, his promoter, multiple fights and saying they can’t make 164 but they can make 154 for Floyd. GGG gets criticized for saying he can make 154 for Floyd which is 6 lbs, Ward could drop 14 lbs for Floyd but not 4 lbs for GGG. If you are going to critize GGG for that you have to critize Ward because 14 is a larger number than 4 and 14 lbs is also more weight than 4lbs.
              ward never said he could make 154 for floyd...he said 160....and that was a moot point because floyd had stated that he would never go that high because "everyone has limits and i know mine...160 is too far"

did golovkin ever say he wouldnt go to 168 because that was too high?!?! nope..in fact his trainer said it would be his best weight...his promoter said several times they would welcome going there for a one off and then go back to 160...he actually signed his name to a contract to fight chavez and pursued froch.....but tucked tail in 2016 to fight a WW and dom wade.....very simple

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Yeah this is how I remember it. I’m not going to say there was much “ducking” going on but Ward wasn’t trying to make the fight that’s for sure.

The timing wasn’t great. I guess it could have happened when HBO asked them both (when GGG had limited options) and he said yes and Ward said he couldn’t at the time. I guess that’s the closest it could have been and had Ward forced it maybe he could have gotten it but LOL at 50/50, his promoter, multiple fights and saying they can’t make 164 but they can make 154 for Floyd. GGG gets criticized for saying he can make 154 for Floyd which is 6 lbs, Ward could drop 14 lbs for Floyd but not 4 lbs for GGG. If you are going to critize GGG for that you have to critize Ward because 14 is a larger number than 4 and 14 lbs is also more weight than 4lbs.
                https://www.boxingscene.com/andre-wa...ght-you--63365

basically your whole post is nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  ya thats the problem...its always "for no apparent reason"...yet im sharing the reasons with you yet they cant be apparent to you guys...lol

its always just for no reason...and yet you guys still cant understand why anyone would bag on him....u guys are always in disbelief....its ok though...AJ fans are quickly taking over and leaving you in the dust with their excuses and disbelief....soon you will be forgotten
                  Oh? So what are your reasons eh?

GGG is a great boxer. The problem is, in your eyes hes not as great as your boxer? So hes a bum? Is that it? Or is it because hes white? Are you one of those guys? Hes eastern euro?

The truth is you're delusional dude. Canelo was gifted an undeserving draw and and razor thing margin of victory in the 2nd fight.

Canelo in no way shape or form "dominated" GGG. Are you one of those guys who decided to make up rules for canelos victory? Oh. GGG face was busted up, no way he could have won? Is that it? Then half of you guys pretend you know how to actually score a fight?

Then you claim the media hates canelo and that the press scores, which were FAR in the majority of GGG was flawed? And that boxers and trainers who did not score the fight know who won, despite not scoring the fight?

What is it dude. Whats your problem with GGG?

My problem with canelo isnt that he isnt a good boxer. It's that you MUST win 8 clean rounds to even have a chance of beating him. You think I'm lying? Please explain all of the controversial cards in his favor. Controversy follows canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    ive always been perplexed about this...so help me out...help me understand

Floyd has said a few times "everybody has limits..i know mine...160 is too high I wont fight there"

so how come Floyd was called all kinds of names and called "scared" when he didn't want to take on a career 160 guy even if the fight would have been at 154?

I know Floyd is in his own stratosphere...but how come the golovkin guy wouldn't do 154 for arguably the 2nd biggest name in the sport in canelo? or even cotto who is very well known and one of the bigger names at the time?

so Floyd says no way to fighting 160 guys....but golovkin says hell fight him at 154....but wont fight canelo or cotto there...strange

yet somehow when a featherfisted 168 guy challenged golovkin every excuse was made for golovkin to avoid that fight...despite the fact that golovkin talked about 168 incessantly and even put his name to paper to fight a guy there? "cant duck a guy not in your division".....but Floyd was constantly called "Scared" and a "cherrypicking poosy"..

so weird....my best guess in fanboyism...anyone else have any other theories at this absurd display of double standard?
                    So you want to know why a pro boxer made certain decisions in his career...and you ask a bunch of biased idiots on the webz?? Take whatever answers you get with a grain of salt...and stop wasting bandwidth, fcuk head

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      What does it really matter? We know & they know T.B.E. would beat Triple L at 154. Just do what I do & keep exposing the fakes. Expose the media & journalism too.
                      Yeah you expose a fake every time you have a shower. Your not a boxing fan..

Comment

Working...
                      X