• Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch vs. Kovalev, who got this?

What you think?
    Froch
    13.33%
    Kovalev
    86.67%

We all know how this thread will turn out and I don't think I need to explain further.

Having said that-- In a theoretical match up I'd pick Kovalev. He's bigger, hits harder and is the better boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      We all know how this thread will turn out and I don't think I need to explain further.

Having said that-- In a theoretical match up I'd pick Kovalev. He's bigger, hits harder and is the better boxer.
      This. It's not that hard of a fight to pick.

Comment

Froch doesn't fare well stylistically due to the extra size.

Having said that, kovalev is a bit chinny, so i wouldn't be totally shocked if froch is able to stand up to him long enough to put him down

but kovalev 7/10 times

Comment

Carl froch keeps pressing the action & taking Kov's shots whilst returning his own until Kov is seriously gassing and gets a ref stoppage. The Cobra is relentless.

Comment

froch would run through golovkin...that was a horrible match up for golovkin. a set up trap much like the bute fight.

but kovalov ud's him wide. way too much size

Comment

I'll take Kov. he is a better boxer IMO than Froch plus has the size and power advantage and IMO has a much higher ring IQ.

Frankly, I think he'd absolutely destroy Froch without much of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I'll take Kov. he is a better boxer IMO
                Why Froch has a better resume then?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I'll take Kov. he is a better boxer IMO than Froch plus has the size and power advantage and IMO has a much higher ring IQ.

Frankly, I think he'd absolutely destroy Froch without much of a problem.
                  The cobra still gets underestimated after all those years huh

Comment

Originally posted by NakiFan View Post
                    The cobra still gets underestimated after all those years huh
                    No, I'm giving Froch all the same credit I always have and am not knocking him in any way.

Kov is IMO bigger, stronger, smarter and overall just better.

Comment

Working...
                    X