Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tito Trinidad vs. Vernon Forrest @ WW.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tito Trinidad vs. Vernon Forrest @ WW.

I love this fantasy match up. Who you got?

great fight,, I think forrest would outbox tito,, but eventually tito would tag him and stop forrest,,,,

I dont think forrest was as good defensively or tough enough like hopkins and winky to withstand tito's onslaught,,,

tito was one of the rare punchers that got stronger as the fight went longer,, forrest would have some early success but i think tito will clip him, and then start walking him down dropping bombs, and forrest lacks the defense of winky, or the gritty toughness of hopkins to hang in a firefight with tito,, plus this is tito welter, and he was a monster there

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      great fight,, I think forrest would outbox tito,, but eventually tito would tag him and stop forrest,,,,

I dont think forrest was as good defensively or tough enough like hopkins and winky to withstand tito's onslaught,,,

tito was one of the rare punchers that got stronger as the fight went longer,, forrest would have some early success but i think tito will clip him, and then start walking him down dropping bombs, and forrest lacks the defense of winky, or the gritty toughness of hopkins to hang in a firefight with tito,, plus this is tito welter, and he was a monster there
      This is literally how I would've broken this fight down, but I didn't want to seem biased in the OP.

Another good post by you, my friend.

Comment

So the great Trinidad is supposed to lose to someone who got koed by Mayorga then followed that up by UD him

So the great Trinidad is supposed to lose to a fighter who got outboxed by Mora

Forrest is my one of my favs but he's overrated and so was Mosley at that time, aside from ODH Mosley beat and fought jack shyt, up to that Forrest point

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
          So the great Trinidad is supposed to lose to someone who got koed by Mayorga then followed that up by UD him

So the great Trinidad is supposed to lose to a fighter who got outboxed by Mora

Forrest is my one of my favs but he's overrated and so was Mosley at that time, aside from ODH Mosley beat and fought jack shyt, up to that Forrest point

RIP
          forrest was a goon at welter,,, one of the best i ever saw,,, mosely and forrest are not overrated and never were,,, those guys are legit HOFers,,

yes forrest lost twice to mayorga, but that happens sometimes, styles make fights and mayorga wild caveman style bothered forrest,, same thing has happened to alot of great fighter,, MAB lost twice to junior jones, Ali lost to norton,, Mora got lucky vs an old forrest,, after the mayorga fights, forrest body brokedown and he was never the same,, he had some decent wins but never recaptured his "groove" that he had at welter

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            This is literally how I would've broken this fight down, but I didn't want to seem biased in the OP.

Another good post by you, my friend.
            thank you,, I just call'em how i see'em

Comment

forrest was a goon at welter,,, one of the best i ever saw,,, mosely and forrest are not overrated and never were,,, those guys are legit HOFers,,

yes forrest lost twice to mayorga, but that happens sometimes, styles make fights and mayorga wild caveman style bothered forrest,, same thing has happened to alot of great fighter,, MAB lost twice to junior jones, Ali lost to norton,, Mora got lucky vs an old forrest,, after the mayorga fights, forrest body brokedown and he was never the same,, he had some decent wins but never recaptured his "groove" that he had at welter
              Yeah, those shoulder injuries took a toll on his career.

Comment

Who did Forrest beat of substance pre Mosley

And who did Mosley beat of substance pre Oscar

I'll wait........................

SN: SMH at some calling Mosley one of the best LW of all time

Comment

Forrest early, then Tito by 9th or 10th rnd KO.

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
                    Who did Forrest beat of substance pre Mosley

And who did Mosley beat of substance pre Oscar

I'll wait........................

SN: SMH at some calling Mosley one of the best LW of all time

neither of them had career defining wins up until those fights, but that doesnt make them an less of a fighter,,, if they were here today, i would favor them over everyone at lightweight and welter,,, no doubt

Comment

Working...
                    X