Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made you a boxing fan? Why do you love the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    Ah no wonder you know very little about boxing you haven't had near the time to understand it at its core, youre what I call a surface dweller.
    coming from fraud jr's balls slurper and a known idiot i'll just ignore your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
      coming from fraud jr's balls slurper and a known idiot i'll just ignore your post.
      Gee youre so smart it looked like you ignored it lol.

Comment

• It has been some 4 years I'm hooked into this sport now. Before that I used to follow some traditional Chinese martial arts, whats literally called as in Chinese "Chinese Boxing". I was really passionate about it, I couldn't even sleep, walk, talk or work without thinking about it.
        Then I thought I needed to practice something that helps my skills In martial arts, there is a notion so some ppl really overlook to boxing and other competition sports, I'm glad I overcame it, how foolish. I wanted to practice boxing over kickboxing or MMA or Muay Thai bcz boxing looked so special to me, I felt like it was tailor cut for me. It wasn't "it" but "she" or a classy old gentlemen for me.
        I've been practicing, thinking about, watching, dreaming and living for boxing since then. I feel like if you take it off my life, there will be a huge gap which I won't be able to fill, I might just want to leave this life rather than trying to fill it. I always tell myself that if you really love something or someone, you don't care what happens, you keep loving it.

Comment

• I went to elementary school with a kid last named Lalonde, who was promoting his brothers fight against a Sugar Ray Leonard. I took a flyer home and asked my Dad "Is this fight anything?" He replied "Yes son it is".

Comment

• Originally posted by Rovi View Post
            It has been some 4 years I'm hooked into this sport now. Before that I used to follow some traditional Chinese martial arts, whats literally called as in Chinese "Chinese Boxing". I was really passionate about it, I couldn't even sleep, walk, talk or work without thinking about it.
            Then I thought I needed to practice something that helps my skills In martial arts, there is a notion so some ppl really overlook to boxing and other competition sports, I'm glad I overcame it, how foolish. I wanted to practice boxing over kickboxing or MMA or Muay Thai bcz boxing looked so special to me, I felt like it was tailor cut for me. It wasn't "it" but "she" or a classy old gentlemen for me.
            I've been practicing, thinking about, watching, dreaming and living for boxing since then. I feel like if you take it off my life, there will be a huge gap which I won't be able to fill, I might just want to leave this life rather than trying to fill it. I always tell myself that if you really love something or someone, you don't care what happens, you keep loving it.
            Thanks for sharing, great stuff.

Last night was a night that brings new fans to boxing.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Green K bro. Great fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                  I went to elementary school with a kid last named Lalonde, who was promoting his brothers fight against a Sugar Ray Leonard. I took a flyer home and asked my Dad "Is this fight anything?" He replied "Yes son it is".

Dang, what a story, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Hearing my dad and other family members screaming and shouting in the early hours of the morning from the living room, the beers flowing. I'd sit at the top of the stairs, maybe 6-7 years old, listening to the commentary. My house was littered with Boxing memorabilia, my dad trained in several martial arts, including Boxing. At that age I would watch the fights back the next day, my dad recording every show, he had a massive VHS collection of fights from all eras. Eventually, after much begging and pestering, they would wake me up for the big fights and let me watch downstairs. Must have been about 7-8 years old, the likes of Benn, Eubank, Bruno, Lewis, Naz, etc. It was always the in thing in my family, my dad, my oldest brother, my uncles, all Boxing mad.

Comment

• Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                      Hearing my dad and other family members screaming and shouting in the early hours of the morning from the living room, the beers flowing. I'd sit at the top of the stairs, maybe 6-7 years old, listening to the commentary. My house was littered with Boxing memorabilia, my dad trained in several martial arts, including Boxing. At that age I would watch the fights back the next day, my dad recording every show, he had a massive VHS collection of fights from all eras. Eventually, after much begging and pestering, they would wake me up for the big fights and let me watch downstairs. Must have been about 7-8 years old, the likes of Benn, Eubank, Bruno, Lewis, Naz, etc. It was always the in thing in my family, my dad, my oldest brother, my uncles, all Boxing mad.
                      Great story, thanks for sharing.

I hope some of them are still around to witness the rise of Fury the Great!

Comment

Working...
                      X