Cruiserweight Super Six Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruiserweight Super Six Predictions

First stage rumoured matchups:

Denis Lebedev (22-0, 17 KOs) VS Steve Cunningham (23-2, 12 KOs)

Marco Huck (30-1, 23 KOs) VS Steve Herelius (20-1-1, 12 KOs)

Krzysztof Wlodarczyk (44-2-1, 32 KOs) VS Yoan Pablo Hernandez (22-1, 11 KOs)
    Lebedev defeats Cunningham
    18.75%
    Cunningham defeats Lebedev
    17.50%
    Huck defeats Herelius
    33.75%
    Herelius defeats Huck
    0.00%
    Wlodarczyk defeats Hernandez
    23.75%
    Hernandez defeats Wlodarczyk
    6.25%
    Last edited by Steelhammer2011; 09-29-2010, 12:01 AM.

Lebedev will win the tournament.

Comment

I have Huck to win it all. I know for a fact Cunningham won't do it. I pick him to beat Lebedev, but I can see an upset there as well. Wlod over Hernandez.

Comment

Cunningham by decision, but Lebedev is the real deal and can not only beat Cunningham but win the tournament.

Huck knocks Herelius out.

And I have Wlordarczyk beating Hernandez although I think there's a possibility for Hernandez too considering how tall and lengthy he is, I think Wlordarczyk struggles to close the gap against guys who use range so Hernandez definitely has a shot. The reason why I lean towards Wlordarczyk is because I think Hernandez' punch resistance is suspect.

Comment

All I know/hope is that Huck doesn't win. That would be a serious loss for the sweet science.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
            All I know/hope is that Huck doesn't win. That would be a serious loss for the sweet science.
            Why? What do people have against Huck?

Comment

Cunningham, Huck and Wlodarczyk. The latter two (Huck, Wlodarczyk) will win their bouts rather easily, whereas Lebedev might be a bit more tricky for Cunningham, but still, who apart from Alexeev has he beaten so far?

Cunningham is my big favourite to win it all, Huck could challenge him (would be an interesting final to see how much he really developed since their first encounter) and Wlodarczyk has an outsider shot as he has already beaten him by split decision once (although revenged with an UD).

Comment

I have never seen any of them fight so I can't make a prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2010 View Post
                  First stage rumoured matchups:

Denis Lebedev (22-0, 17 KOs) VS Steve Cunningham (23-2, 12 KOs)

Marco Huck (30-1, 23 KOs) VS Steve Herelius (20-1-1, 12 KOs)

Krzysztof Wlodarczyk (44-2-1, 32 KOs) VS Yoan Pablo Hernandez (22-1, 11 KOs)
                  I got USS outboxing Lebedev.....won't be suprised if Steve has to get off the canvas a couple of times but I'm SURE he'll win this.

I got Huck stoppin' Herelius.....this is the easiest fight to call IMO

I like Hernandez over Wlodarczyk....this is one of those fights I would call a pick'em.

Cunningham or Lebedev will win the whole thing.....I see Lebedev as the ONLY fighter in the tourney capable of beating USS

Comment

I'm a bit surprised that a lot of people think that highly of Lebedev. Granted, I've never seen him, I did not care much for the Alekseev-card after they scrapped the Brähmer-fight, and the early KO win looks impressive, but I never rated Alekseev that high to begin with after he lost to the Argentinian. And apart from this win, Lebedev's resume is pretty weak.
                    I just think Cunningham is ten times more proven and definitely the better boxer.

Comment

Working...
                    X