Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL Lose Weight/Get In Shape 2010 Thread!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] The OFFICIAL Lose Weight/Get In Shape 2010 Thread!!

Let's do it folks.

Everyone says they want to get in better shape at the beginning of the year... This thread is here to help you stick to it.

Share your workout routines, diets, recipes, experiences with supplements... whatever. Let's support each other in this battle.

Anyways, I started to crunch down late last year. I've always gone to the gym, but haven't always eaten properly and I finally got sick of not seeing results. I'm on a really strict diet, and I am seeing real results.

As for what I'm doing...

Let's start with what I've cut out: white bread, white rice, white sugar, tortillas, soda, all fried food, fast food, candy (don't really eat candy to begin with), chips, saturated fats, trans fats...

What I've tightened down on: I only eat chicken breast, lean cuts of meat (top sirloin, NY strip, filet mignon, 95% lean ground beef, bison). I've also begun to incorporate fish into my diet, but I am sticking to the low fat ones to begin (cod, tuna, pollock, turbot)... later I'll incorporate the others like trout and salmon.

What I've began eating: I've started to get back in touch with some of earth's greatest gifts: fruits and vegetables. I hit the store and got some organic apples, oranges, bananas, and upon recommendation... dragon fruit. Delicious. I also picked up some organic mixed greens and carrots to get started on the veggies. Never been big on veggies, so I'm trying to figure out what I can force down and what I can't.

Supplements: I've started taking Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein in the mid-morning and post-workout. I take NO-Xplode 45 minutes before working out. I also began taking a multi-vitamin in Animal Pak for the first time... Finally before bed I've started to take some slow digesting Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Protein.

That's all I've got for now... If anyone wants details of how I eat I'll provide them

Comment

This is my goal.

Comment

I'm 173lbs right now, I want to get down to 140-135.

Comment

I have one of those bodies where I appear to be in better shape than I actually am......know what I mean, kind of like Zab Judah.

Comment

Same here. I've got the wide shoulders, chest, and back which over shadows my waistline. Pretty soon that won't be a problem though.

I'm almost there now and is has only been about 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Klegg View Post
              I'm 173lbs right now, I want to get down to 140-135.
              How tall are you Loc-ster?

173 isn't a bad weight unless you have no lean muscle on you.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                Same here. I've got the wide shoulders, chest, and back which over shadows my waistline. Pretty soon that won't be a problem though.

I'm almost there now and is has only been about 3 weeks.
                I need to work more on cardio, I do plenty of weight training but couldn't get through a 3 round sparring match right now I bet. I just started with the jump rope again and will advance to running when all this ice outside melts.

Still, at 180 I'm FOOKIN MASSIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                  How tall are you Loc-ster?

173 isn't a bad weight unless you have no lean muscle on you.
                  I'm 5'9".

I want to look like this.

Comment

I need to lose weight badly. I haven't really gained that much weight since high school, but all the muscle I had is gone, and has turned to fat.

Comment

Working...
                    X