Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you believe in Christianity but not the Old Testament???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
    Men who are considered wise have faulted in trying to understand GOD by natural ways, you cant. GOD can and does speak things into existence, if youre trying to use reason or knowledge based on what you have learned through your senses you will fail many times. He spoke and there was light and darkness, explain how can that happen scientifically, it cant be explained scientifically.
    Are you serious? Or are you just another person trying to save themselves from 'Eternal Damnation' by sucking off parts of the mythology that you "Deem" fit?

PS. He never spoke. Never has, nor ever will.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
      I'll probably get attacked or whatever but I don't care, I'm sorry but I find most of the Old Testament total bull****; especially Genesis. I solely believe in Jesus Christ as the savior and prophet as the son of God. That being said the New Testament is a much better representation of my faith. Can somebody clea this up......thanks!
      Someone would have to be a complete idiot to claim himself a "christian" and not believe in the old testament because Jesus quoted constantly from the old testament , the whole point of the old testament was for preparing the way for the coming messiah .
      So if you don't believe in it then you're not a christian but just a hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
        Are you serious? Or are you just another person trying to save themselves from 'Eternal Damnation' by sucking off parts of the mythology that you "Deem" fit?

PS. He never spoke. Never has, nor ever will.
        No sense debating, you dont believe in it, I do, end of story.

Comment

I makes less sense to think that if there is a God that his ability would be bound by our science.

Comment

Men who are considered wise have faulted in trying to understand GOD by natural ways, you cant. GOD can and does speak things into existence, if youre trying to use reason or knowledge based on what you have learned through your senses you will fail many times. He spoke and there was light and darkness, explain how can that happen scientifically, it cant be explained scientifically.
            This is true; our comprehension is limited at best.
            While I'm not trying to disprove God, seeing as I believe God is a universal energy that exists in all matter, but I am going to say for all eternity that the bible is written by humans and are ridiculously distorted from any meaning the information once had.
            Originally posted by RelliK View Post
            I'm just saying if it can make the universe and everything in it i'm sure he could pull off making plants without the need of photosynthesis.

Maybe he came around the next day and said WTF maybe I should make a way for them to grow on their own.

I don't believe the Bible but anything is a possibility when it comes to a 'God'.
            Maybe. You'll never know though.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
              While I'm not trying to disprove God, seeing as I believe God is a universal energy that exists in all matter, but I am going to say for all eternity that the bible is written by humans and are ridiculously distorted from any meaning the information once had.

Maybe. You'll never know though.
              I HAVE BASEBALL!!!!!!

Comment

No sense debating, you dont believe in it, I do, end of story.
                No, I have science to back me beliefs up. You are proven to be full of ****.

I believe in the skin fairy -She flies down and takes my skin.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
                  I dont think so but hey.

Comment

What science proves that there is no God?

Comment

What is your problem why are you going at me what did I do to you? Men have said they have their science for ages, the bible clearly talks about this. Im not harping on you so why go bad about me.

Comment

Working...
                      X