Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ufc/mma fans rewatch old fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ufc/mma fans rewatch old fights?

i always wondered, do you ufc/mma fans rewatch old fights?

i like watching old roy jones fights because they were fun to watch. i liked jones' unorthodox boxing style. his speed and combination was like no other.

do you mma fans say to yourself "nice takedown" or "awesome wrestling technique" when you watch a fight?

ill watch ufc if theres a big event happening but i never rewatch old fights. except the rousey/holm fight which i rewatched a few times.

I rewatch fights all the time.

I particularly like old school UFC fights and Pride fights. But I even rewatch some recent ones.

Comment

I rewatch the Rousey vs. Holm fight many times.

Sometimes I rewatch that when I get tired of **** and need something different to jerk off to.

Comment

I don't think they do based on my interactions with MMA fans, who I know more of "irl" than I know "irl" boxing fans these days with the surge of MMA among younger people. I think the average MMA fan is more casual in nature & just enjoy the current event on TV or PPV at the moment. They aren't THAT invested in the history of the sport or backtracking past events. Having said that there are the MMA nerds like the boxing nerds here who are MMA historians who are always watching old MMA fights, but like the boxing nerds, the MMA nerds are a small minority of cats.

Comment

I have watched every single PrideFC fight. I like watching old fights, makes me nostalgic.

Comment

Me too. I love watching old fights/events and seeing how the sport has changed, while studying the techniques used in those fights. There's a lot of old fight cards I haven't seen too, that I look forward to watching for the first time, like with Pride, Strikeforce, DREAM, any UFC or Bellator fights I've missed, etc.

Comment

i see....

i cant appreciate watching two guys on the ground wrestling, grabbing and holding each other and make sense of any of it. i just dont know what the **** is going on.

Comment

All the time.

Sometimes i do it just to refresh my memory(especially if it's a controversial fight), but I often do it just for entertainment.

That's why having fight pass is a handy thing.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyboy867 View Post
                  i see....

i cant appreciate watching two guys on the ground wrestling, grabbing and holding each other and make sense of any of it. i just dont know what the **** is going on.
                  Depends on if they're going for submissions or just on the ground in guard/half guard for me.

I don't enjoy the ground game as much as the standup, but if guys are throwing elbows and punches and are going for submissions, then it's a good thing to watch.

A good throw is brilliant to watch as well.

I think pretty much everyone will agree that the ground game can be boring at times, if all that's happening is positional, like holding or advancing position, it makes for terrible TV.
                  Last edited by VicariousVice; 02-21-2016, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                    I rewatch the Rousey vs. Holm fight many times.

Sometimes I rewatch that when I get tired of **** and need something different to jerk off to.
                    Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    I have watched every single PrideFC fight. I like watching old fights, makes me nostalgic.
                    the pride fights are the ones i'd watch the most, i have seen mark hunt vs. TK many times.

Comment

Working...
                    X