Collapse
No announcement yet.

Word On The Curb: Roc Nation folding, TR picking up Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently RNS publicity team has turned in their resignations. Why they weren't all fired is anyone's guess..

Comment

The bad news for Arum is this obviously means he's gonna die soon cuz Ward curses his promoters. One death & one company outta business (assuming this rumor ends up being correct) on his resume.

Comment

With Top Rank leaving HBO, and if Ward leaves Roc Nation, perhaps there'd fewer obstacles to a 175 unification with Ward-Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
          With Top Rank leaving HBO, and if Ward leaves Roc Nation, perhaps there'd fewer obstacles to a 175 unification with Ward-Stevenson.
          I think Main Events is also about toast in the US market. They have nothing. If RNS and ME leave boxing, you really have K2 and then the Big 3 in the US market and that's it. Consolidation finally taking hold in the industry..

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            will they match him with ramirez? do they have any other guy there?
            Gvozdyk would be a stronger possibility in my opinion.

Comment

That'd be a great coup for TR.

Comment

Originally posted by SLICK TURD View Post
                Arum going to re-sign Boringodeaux again also..
                Mayweather Promotions need to pick up Rigo. Rigo will have some meaningful fights finally cuz Floyd throws you in deep waters to teach you to swim like a drunk dad in the 70's.

Wonder if Floyd has already talked to him about it & gots the lowdown. Assuming this won't be much surprise to the fighters if it is true.

Hope Arias lands someone solid too. He had a nice W this weekend.

Comment

I've heard him talk very favorably of top rank recently, so this isn't surprising.

Comment

I do think Roc Nation is on the way out regardless! Will be interesting to see how this plays out, Ward seems like a guy that would do great having his OWN PROMOTION! Well Spoken Guy with a PHENOMENAL Team around him J.Prince, Virgil Hunter, his Attorney Josh Dubin I honestly would like to see him build his own!

Unless the Top Rank Deal includes a Co-Promotional Situation in it and is more of a PARTNERSHIP then yeah signing with Top Rank wouldn't be bad! If he serious about fighting for a Heavyweight Title then Joseph Parker is the guy I think he should go after who has a Partnership with Top Rank also!

Comment

Smart move by Ward. Take advantage of the espn platform.

Comment

Working...
                      X