Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before the gg vs Canelo fight in Sept. Who do you to see Canelo fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    Honestly that's going backwards for Canelo. Tough fight to sell also
    Maybe, but I'd disagree somewhat; if the plan is to take the "Canelo Alvarez Show" to NYC, Golden Boy is going to need something to drive the local numbers up. Khurtsidze is Georgian (so he doesn't have direct ties to the Polish or Russian fanbases on the Eastern seaboard), but he'll draw interest from the general Eastern European populace of the NYC metro area. You add that all of the promotional material will likely show that the fight will be a firefight for as long as it last, and you've got action to sell to the general NYC fight fan.

Whether the fight is a step forward or backward for Alvarez is not for me to decide; I think that Khurtsidze is an easier sell in NYC than Willie Monroe Jr or Curtis Stevens or David Lemieux (or whatever other options that one could come up with for a NYC debut on regular HBO).

Comment

Charlo would be a great fight for either Canel or triple GGG....IF canelo doesnt duck GGG that is

Comment

he'll fight cotto and chavez jr in 2017. And people on here will defend him for it.

Comment

Probably a tune-up fight at middleweight, around Feb, to get his feet wet at the full 160. BJS in May and then unification with GGG in Sept.

Comment

I just want to see him beat up David Lemieux.

Comment

Working...
            X