No announcement yet.

Who gives GGG a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who gives GGG a fight?

A few people are saying nobody in MW can give GGG a fight. So who does and what weight class? Other than Ward, who gives GGG a fight at a higher weight class or even in MW?

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post
    A few people are saying nobody in MW can give GGG a fight. So who does and what weight class? Other than Ward, who gives GGG a fight at a higher weight class or even in MW?
    In MW, Jacobs, Canelo, Eubank jr, Saunders, can be difficult to beat. They have a chance.

Lara if he moves up, ends up KOed but there's also a chance that he can impose his style for some rounds. I still think he loses anyway.

And at super MW, any super MW should have a chance. They are bigger, heavier.

Comment

How about any of the champions at 168? Duh idiot

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
        How about any of the champions at 168? Duh idiot
        Dont come into my thread you ****ing *****. Welcome to the ignore list queer

Comment

i dont think any of the champions at middleweight, i dont think any of the fights are particularly competitive. At 168, degale is a tough fight but porky medina gave him hell and so did bute. Maybe ramirez would be hard cause of the height. but i think 175 for GGG is too much. Dont see him beating any of top dogs at that weight class. GGG can beat the larger guys at 168 cause they arent that great. but then at 175 not only are they even bigger, they are a step up in quality from the current 168 crop.

Comment

Canelo beats him imo

Comment

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post

Ward and Kovalev are the only two fighters I give a realistic chance of possibly beating him in any weight range he could compete in.

Comment

Think about it this way, take any of the champs in other divisions and move them up to the next and tell me if they're gonna have tough fights. Roman moved up and didn't even fight the best guy and had to go through hell to win. If anyone at 154 moves up they gotta fight Jacobs or GGG... 147 goes up they got their hands full.... Same 140.. On and on.... So I'd say any champ at 168 holds their own and has a shot...Ramirez is huge, Degale is a good boxer-puncher...Jack has been looking pretty good recently too... All good step up fights...guys who say Groves and Abraham, no way...he takes them both out....

And let's leave out Ward and Kovalev as their 15 lbs apart right now and they weigh in like 188-190... So until GGG goes to 168 those won't happen...

Comment

The guys I could see having at least the potential to really test ggg.

154- lara, Andrade, j-rock (if they moved up)

160- jacobs

168- degale

Really the only guys whose styles could pose a problem to GGG..

Darkhorse would be andy lee, just because he has huge power and if he lands flush like Brook did, he would really test the chin of Ggg..

Saunders, eubanks, canelo, Ramirez, their styles amd attributes just don't match up well with Ggg IMO

Comment

All three title holders at 168 called him out, and i'm pretty sure Stevenson and Kovalev wouldn't mind fighting him

Comment

Working...
                    X