Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do ppl ignore the fact that NSACs keith kizer confirmed margs was clean vs cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always believed Margarito did not have loaded gloves when he knocked Cotto out. The people who are so dead sure he was wearing bricks have yet to show any proof at all that his gloves were loaded but just assume they were loaded because of what happened before his fight with Mosley. I believe in innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. If Margarito came into the Cotto fight wearing bricks inside his gloves I wonder why he never hurt Cotto or won any rounds until about the 7th or 8th round.

Comment

Well wtf if Kizer supposed to say? "Well **** idk maybe he did have something in his glove". And it wasn't plaster of paris that he got caught with from my understanding so idk what that post with Boxing Illustrated was even about.

This is just gonna be one of those things you can speculate about either way I think. Maybe he did use this method of gaining a edge in fights besides Mosley & maybe the Mosley fight was the first time. I don't think its possible to say he definitely did or didn't use before.

Its the same debate with people caught using PEDs. Once a guy is caught with PEDs you can speculate that they've used before, but the reality is you probably aren't going to be able to prove that is or isn't the case.

Comment

Accept Tony into your heart

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I have always believed Margarito did not have loaded gloves when he knocked Cotto out. The people who are so dead sure he was wearing bricks have yet to show any proof at all that his gloves were loaded but just assume they were loaded because of what happened before his fight with Mosley. I believe in innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. If Margarito came into the Cotto fight wearing bricks inside his gloves I wonder why he never hurt Cotto or won any rounds until about the 7th or 8th round.
          - Could be because the substance hardens with time, and Marg never had explosive power, he would break his opponents down with shots and pressure. And since the Mosely fight he wasnt able to do that anymore. He still applied pressure but he didnt have the same fire power.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            "Small 1 yr ban". Yeah, for what?? Illegal wraps bro. Stop trying to play dumb. Come one now.... I'm not copping out to **** if I'm innocent.
            u are correct in a sense,however margs never copped to anything. like the article states,his trainer had been wrapping his hands for 11 years,so he didnt question it.

his trainer on the other hand did say there could have been a mix up in his bag containing new and used gauze pads from the gym where multiple fighters trained at,and that he might have grabbed a old,used gauze pad. hence why there was a little bit of blood on it

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
              - The bottom line is that since he got caught, all his previos fights come into question. And a strong argument can be made since his power was non existent after the Mosely fight.
              That's such a BS statement. Margarito only had 3 fights after Mosely.
              • Roberto Garcia at 154 - a tough durable guy who's never been stopped in his career
              • Manny Pacquiao - who admitted Margarito broke his ribs with a body shot
              • Cotto II - who despite changing his game plan and staying on the move in the rematch, was still starting to take significant damage late in their fight before Tony's eye fell apart.

Comment

Because Mr. Kizer would never, willingly, allow himself to be part of a civil liability lawsuit from Cotto & Co.

So the answer should always be:

"Yup. Everything was clean. Clean and clear. As clear as it could be. No doubt whatsoever."

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                  - Could be because the substance hardens with time, and Marg never had explosive power, he would break his opponents down with shots and pressure. And since the Mosely fight he wasnt able to do that anymore. He still applied pressure but he didnt have the same fire power.
                  I don't buy that argument because Tony never put serious leather on anyone again after the Cotto fight. He hardly got off at all against Shane. He caught Manny against the ropes a few times but that was it.

And Cotto fought completely differently in the second fight under Pedro Diaz. He didn't stand and offer Margarito chances to land, and when he was cornered he planted his head on Tony's chest and cut off the space for the uppercut.

And watch Manny doubled over in pain after the Margarito fight in his documentary if you think he couldn't hit any more. He clearly could. But his opponents didn't give him the chance to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    That's such a BS statement. Margarito only had 3 fights after Mosely.
                    • Roberto Garcia at 154 - a tough durable guy who's never been stopped in his career
                    • Manny Pacquiao - who admitted Margarito broke his ribs with a body shot
                    • Cotto II - who despite changing his game plan and staying on the move in the rematch, was still starting to take significant damage late in their fight before Tony's eye fell apart.
                    - Why is it B.S? its true its a fact. Who did he KO after Mosely? Before Mosely he had 3 straight KO wins.

Comment

because it contradicts what capetillo has stated.

Also the red stain on the same exact part of the wraps that were found prefight for mosley where there post fight in the cotto fight.

so someone's lying.

Comment

Working...
                      X