Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali, Leonard, Whitaker, Jones, and Mayweather: Who you got???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    I can see people having Pea at number 5. But his punching power is underrated sometimes on here. He wasn't a big puncher, but people seem to think he was like fucking Malignaggi or something.
    Pernell Whitaker is far and away one of the most underrated fighters of all-time.

I put zero stock into his losses to Trinidad and Oscar. And he didn't lose to Ramirez, that was bulls**t just like the Chavez draw.

Comment

sweat P was great but being a midget helped him with defense you gotta admit that

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
        sweat P was great but being a midget helped him with defense you gotta admit that

So him being 5'6 is the reason he is widely regarded as one of the top 10 defensive maestros of all time?

News to me.

Comment

In reality he's really like 5'4 or 5'5. Malignaggi is 5'8 1/2 basically 5'10 with shoes on

Comment

Malignaggi is decent and a journymen, nothing more. Every time he had a chance to step up big time, he got beat (Cotto, Hatton, Khan). I want to see Malignaggi fight Guerrero for a tune up at 147 for the Ghost.

Whitaker being short is not the reason his defense was possibly the GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              Malignaggi is decent and a journymen, nothing more. Every time he had a chance to step up big time, he got beat (Cotto, Hatton, Khan). I want to see Malignaggi fight Guerrero for a tune up at 147 for the Ghost.

Whitaker being short is not the reason his defense was possibly the GOAT.
              A journeyman would never win a world title. Malignaggi is a B+ fighter that failed against A+ competition. He is still one of the most skilled technicians in boxing today. Hardly a "journeyman"

And height isn;t the sole reason whitaker was good but it had a lot to do with it.

Comment

What a minute.

Are we seriously comparing Malignaggi to Whitaker?!?!?

Comment

Lol little floyd almost surviving there. THe public knows, they know and glad to see they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    What a minute.

Are we seriously comparing Malignaggi to Whitaker?!?!?

Yes, they are both defensive slick boxers, whitaker being slightly more talented.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                      Yes, they are both defensive slick boxers, whitaker being slightly more talented.

I know all about your pro Italian stance, Forza. But this is just ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X