Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kirkland returns on June 24th against TBA!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirkland returns on June 24th against TBA!

According to Dan Rafael. It's good to see that the loss didn't affect him too much mentally. You gotta give him props for coming back so quickly.

I hope he's been working on his punch resistance.

Im looking forward to his next fight. I thought he was fighting Mayorga but it was just rumours. Hope he can become the beast that he used to be now that hes back with Ann Wolfe.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
      According to Dan Rafael. It's good to see that the loss didn't affect him too much mentally. You gotta give him props for coming back so quickly.

I hope he's been working on his punch resistance.
      Is it possible to work on punch resistance? Maybe a little, but if his chin can't hold up against a good boxer without a lot of power, he's going to be in real trouble by the time he starts fighting championship quality fighters. Although, I was impressed with the way he took some heavy shots from Joel Julio... So who really knows?

Side note, that beard that Anthony Dirrell is sporting in your avatar has to go... he looks homeless/hideous with it. I don't want to hijack your thread, but if you know what Anthony Dirrell is up to lately, you should make a thread about it... I haven't heard anything about him for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
        Is it possible to work on punch resistance? Maybe a little, but if his chin can't hold up against a good boxer without a lot of power, he's going to be in real trouble by the time he starts fighting championship quality fighters. Although, I was impressed with the way he took some heavy shots from Joel Julio... So who really knows?

Side note, that beard that Anthony Dirrell is sporting in your avatar has to go... he looks homeless/hideous with it. I don't want to hijack your thread, but if you know what Anthony Dirrell is up to lately, you should make a thread about it... I haven't heard anything about him for quite a while.
        Anthony is about to have a fight here in Flint at Atwood Stadium. Scheduled date is on July 2nd and his opponent is Michi Munoz (23-6, 16 KO’s). For detailed information, here is 2 links

Boxingnews
        Mlive<-- This has a recent video of him. Has a clip of the Dirrell brothers sparring with each other.
        Last edited by killacash; 06-09-2011, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by killacash View Post
          Anthony is about to have a fight here in Flint at Atwood Stadium. Scheduled date is on July 2nd and his opponent is Michi Munoz (23-6, 16 KO’s). For detailed information, here is 2 links

Boxingnews
          Mlive<-- This has a recent video of him. Has a clip of the Dirrell brothers sparring with each other.
          Thanks for the update man. Munoz isn't great, but that does seem to be somewhat of a step up in competition for Anthony.

I am curious to see what he can do on the top level of the sport. I've only seen him twice, and was impressed with him early in his career on the undercard when both Dirrell brothers fought and one of Robert Guerrero's two fights with Gamaliel Diaz was the main event and pretty unimpressed when I watched one of his more recent fights on Friday Night Fights. When they talked about him early in his career, they talked about how Andre had more skills and Anthony had more power, I didn't get my hopes up. It seems to be almost an automatic progression of events that prospects who rely on power impress everyone a lot more than the prospects who rely on skill in their early fights (can't miss talents like Brad Solomon and Ismayl Sillakh are the exception, not the rule), but they either lose the ability to dazzle a crowd with their power and making them rely on something else less exciting when they step up to the top level of the sport (like Guillermo Rigondeaux), or just lose their fights when they step up (like Edison Miranda).

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
            Thanks for the update man. Munoz isn't great, but that does seem to be somewhat of a step up in competition for Anthony.

I am curious to see what he can do on the top level of the sport. I've only seen him twice, and was impressed with him early in his career on the undercard when both Dirrell brothers fought and one of Robert Guerrero's two fights with Gamaliel Diaz was the main event and pretty unimpressed when I watched one of his more recent fights on Friday Night Fights. When they talked about him early in his career, they talked about how Andre had more skills and Anthony had more power, I didn't get my hopes up. It seems to be almost an automatic progression of events that prospects who rely on power impress everyone a lot more than the prospects who rely on skill in their early fights (can't miss talents like Brad Solomon and Ismayl Sillakh are the exception, not the rule), but they either lose the ability to dazzle a crowd with their power and making them rely on something else less exciting when they step up to the top level of the sport (like Guillermo Rigondeaux), or just lose their fights when they step up (like Edison Miranda).
            Honestly, I prefer Andre if I had to choose out of the two but I like watching Anthony as well. He fights toe to toe, thats why they call him the dog. About the power dunno, I seen him once on espn and he was tagging this one guy with everything and couldnt really do any damage but they still stopped the fight cause his opponent was a walking punching bag. I still like watching Anthony but I'd lean towards Andre for power cause he has that speed with it, so you wont know when its coming. Sillakh is a fav prospect of mine, I believe he will go far but there are rumors about his chin and him being knocked out in the amateurs. Anthony needs to link up with a promoter to get some real fight and tv status.

Comment

Kirkland will return to form.

He needs 3 or 4 good performances to erased that KO loss.

Comment

Working...
              X