Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Devon Alexander ever wants to be an ATG he should take page from Floyd Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    The point is. Alexander 9 times out of 10 would look exactly the same vs, Kotelnik again. Styles make fights.

You honestly think Alexander will look more convincing in a second fight? He fight him again he will lose foreal this time. Thats pointless. He should move on and test himself vs. other fighters I dont know when Ortiz turned into a pushover on NSB but hes a good 140 Pound fighter.

Khan-Maidana have a fight

Bradley is messing around

Ortiz is the next best choice.

If he fights Kotelnik again he will lose. His legacy isnt dependant on a rematch with him. If he beats Ortiz, Khan and Bradkley will anyone say "well hes not great because he didnt fight Kotelnik again". I dont think they will and theyd be dumb to do so.
    I don't know if he can't do better. That is why it is a question mark that should be answered. You said earlier it was an off night, he just had a bad night. Fine prove it was a bad night. Fight him again.

I give you Bradley is the best of the division. Khan already has a dominant win over Kotelnik. But, Ortiz? I still don't understand how is better or a tougher opponent than Kotelnik? To want Ortiz or for fans to think Ortiz is a justifyable choice over Kotelnik is mind boggling to me.

You have to dare to be great. You don't fight Ortiz, you rematch Kotelnik. I would give him a pass for Bradley and Khan but not Ortiz. A rematch with Kotelnik is the fight. Not Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      I don't know if he can't do better. That is why it is a question mark that should be answered. You said earlier it was an off night, he just had a bad night. Fine prove it was a bad night. Fight him again.

I give you Bradley is the best of the division. Khan already has a dominant win over Kotelnik. But, Ortiz? I still don't understand how is better or a tougher opponent than Kotelnik? To want Ortiz or for fans to think Ortiz is a justifyable choice over Kotelnik is mind boggling to me.

You have to dare to be great. You don't fight Ortiz, you rematch Kotelnik. I would give him a pass for Bradley and Khan but not Ortiz. A rematch with Kotelnik is the fight. Not Ortiz.
      I see where you are coming from but a loss right now for Alexander would set him back big time. Especially now when all the 140 Pounders are fighting except Bradley. Last I heard Kotelnik was moving to 147.

It was an off night. He fought the wrong fight IMO. He didnt follow Cunningham's advice. He stood right in front of him. He didnt set traps , he didnt lure him in for counters he played right into Kotelniks hands. I thinkt he same thing would happen again because of Kotelniks style.

I actually think Ortiz is a very good fighter. If he beat Alexander it wouldnt shock me. That fight is a toss up in my eyes. Ortiz gets a lot of hate because of the Maidana fight but people forget he dropped him 3 times. Ortiz is a good fighter. Hes no pushover.

Now of they fight down the road thats one thing but back to back could be a disaster for his career. I dont think he wants that fight right after he won he brought out the Bradkley shirt. I dont think Cunningham would let him anywhere near Kotelnik if he wanted to.

Comment

If the Bradley fight don't go through he needs to just have that rematch.

Comment

Kotelnik brings nothing to the table why the hell would he fight him again when he wont be able to do anything against that right jab. bad style match up for what was supposed to be a tune up for Bradley.

and JLC had a rematch clause in his contract against Mayweather and was the world champ, kotelnik was a tune up fight that went wrong.

not the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Kotelnik brings nothing to the table why the hell would he fight him again when he wont be able to do anything against that right jab. bad style match up for what was supposed to be a tune up for Bradley.

and JLC had a rematch clause in his contract against Mayweather and was the world champ, kotelnik was a tune up fight that went wrong.

not the same thing
            What? He brings nothing to the table why fight him in the first place. Gtfoh with that bull**** duke. Who the f-ck is Alexander. Who has he beat.

Comment

Originally posted by HARLEM AL View Post
              What? He brings nothing to the table why fight him in the first place. Gtfoh with that bull**** duke. Who the f-ck is Alexander. Who has he beat.

it was supposed to be an easy fight for Alexander they even announced the January 29 date for him and Bradley weeks before he fought Kotelnik. thats how its Alexander has some buzz right now and a Khan or Bradley even ortiz or Maidana fight would get him more money and fame

it was a tune up for the Bradley fight that went really bad
              Last edited by Phenom; 09-18-2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X