No announcement yet.

Mayweather Sr 'I really dont think Pacquiao wanted to fight Floyd;

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather Sr 'I really dont think Pacquiao wanted to fight Floyd;

FLOYD MAYWEATHER SR.: "I REALLY DON'T THINK PACQUIAO WANTED TO FIGHT LIL FLOYD"By Percy Crawford | December 07, 2009

"Lil Floyd been agreed to the terms, then Freddie Roach starting backtracking. First he said it was all on Lil Floyd and they were ready to go and this and that, and then he changed it to Manny got a busted eardrum, March is too soon and all that ****. Man, get the **** out of here. How long of a training camp do they need? ****, it's not until March. But Bob Arum wanted that fight to happen and that's why it got done. I really don't think Pacquiao wanted to fight Lil Floyd. He knows what he's up against… Lil Floyd hasn't taken any damage in the fight game and Pacquiao knows he is fighting a different animal man; ain't going to take no damage," stated Floyd Mayweather Sr. as he talked about the highly-anticipated clash between his undefeated son and Manny Pacquiao.

You don't want to miss what he had to say about the negotiations, the venue, the fight itself, Roy Jones Jr., Bernard Hopkins and much more.

PC: How are you doing Big Floyd?

FM: Everything is good man. I'm just pushing along man.

PC: Before we talk about Pacquiao, I wanted to get your take on Roy Jones. You have been telling me for a long time that he should retire before he gets hurt. I'm sure you feel strongly about that even moreso now?

FM: Yeah man. It's over for him. I didn't get a chance to watch the fight, but I heard it was over with quick. He lucky he didn't fight one of those Klitschko boys. They would have comatosed his ass. It ain't nothing left for him to do but get hurt man. Tarver shook him up and Glen Johnson ruined him for life.

PC: Why is it that fighters have such a hard time walking away from the fight game? Is it because he's just been great for so long; not just Roy, but in general?

FM: Oh yeah, man, it's hard to walk away because you still feel like you can fight. It was tough for me to walk away after I got shot. I saw Sugar Ray Leonard and told him to come to the gym anytime and I will whoop him. I told him that in front of Oscar. I had him in a life and death fight with one hand. It's hard to leave the fight game man; yes sir. See, Bernard just want to make that money.

PC: You're referring to him still wanting to fight Roy?

FM: Oh yeah man. Bernard wants to make that money and erase that loss from his record, but Roy is through man. They not going to get nobody to pick that fight up. ESPN wouldn't even broadcast that ****.

PC: Did you get to see Hopkins' performance?

FM: Nah man. I didn't watch it, but I heard he didn't look that good.

PC: He was hit a lot more than we're accustomed to seeing him hit. FM: That dude was touching Bernard?

PC: He got hit with some overhand rights, but Bernard's size and experience came through in about the 5th or 6th round.

FM: Yeah, a lot of people told me they weren't that impressed with the way he fought.

PC: Big business going on with your son. It seems they have both agreed to fight one another.

FM: Yeah man. Lil Floyd been agreed to the terms, then Freddie Roach starting backtracking. First he said it was all on Lil Floyd and they were ready to go and this and that, and then he changed it to Manny got a busted eardrum, March is too soon and all that ****. Man, get the **** out of here. How long of a training camp do they need? ****, it's not until March. But Bob Arum wanted that fight to happen and that's why it got done. I really don't think Pacquiao wanted to fight Lil Floyd. He knows what he's up against.

PC: Have you talked to Floyd and how does he feel about the fight?

FM: He's ready to go man. Let me tell you something man, I see people saying if Zab Judah gave Lil Floyd problems, so can Pacquiao. Man, winning 3 rounds in a 12-round fight is not giving somebody problems man. Once Lil Floyd figured Zab out, he tore his ass up and Zab knew what was about to happen; that's why he hit him with that low shot. But I'm going to tell you something man, with Pacquiao, it's not even going to be a figuring him out process. Pacquiao is terrible man. The man don't move his damn head, he jumps straight in…hey man, you gonna see. You gonna see.

PC: For the record, you did pick De La Hoya, Hatton, of course because you were training him, and Cotto to beat Pacquiao.

FM: Hey man, let me tell you something, I don't know why in the hell De La Hoya chose to fight that man at 147. That was just crazy man. Ricky Hatton gave me one round to give him advice and what did I tell him? I told him keep his damn hands up, move his head and go in behind his jab. He didn't do nothing I said. A trainer can only give instructions man. Hatton was scared of Pacquiao though man. And Cotto was done after the Margarito fight man. Let me hit you upside your head with some damn bricks and see if you fight the same (laughing). Lil Floyd hasn't taken any damage in the fight game and Pacquiao knows he is fighting a different animal man; ain't going to take no damage.

PC: Pacquiao and his wife were on a Filipino radio station and they basically said you are giving Pacman motivation to beat Lil Floyd with the accusations that you made regarding Pacquiao being on steroids.

FM: (Laughing) They can have all of the motivation they want, that's not going to mean **** on fight night. Pacquiao could never beat something that came out of me (laughing). I can say whatever the **** I want to say about him; that's my opinion. I get **** said about me all of the time that isn't true. Come on man.

PC: The venues are looking like New Orleans, Dallas or Vegas are the frontrunners. I would be very shocked to see Vegas let this one get away, would you?

FM: Oh yeah man. I would be real surprised if Bob Arum let this fight not take place here [Las Vegas]. This is where the money is at and I don't see this fight going somewhere else man. But that man that owns the Cowboys [Jerry Jones] has a **** load of money, so we will see.

PC: I spoke to WBO President Francisco Valcarcel and he said it has a lot to do with what weight they will fight at to pick a favorite. He feels if they fight at 144 or 145, that will favor Pacquiao and at 147, it will favor Mayweather.

FM: I tell you this right now, Lil Floyd ain't giving up a pound man. He's not supposed to. If this is a fight for the welterweight title, Lil Floyd can weigh anything from 141 to 147 period. And if Pacquiao was talking about moving to 154 to fight somebody, he can fight Floyd there. But Lil Floyd ain't giving up a pound; **** that catch-weight ****.

PC: Valcarcel also compared Pacquiao to Sugar Ray Robinson and I'm sure you have a strong opinion about that.

FM: Man, what the **** people is looking at man? You can't even put him in the same sentence as Robinson, Ali and all of those greats man. Pacquiao done pulled the wool over people's eyes man. Pacquiao is a strong fighter man, but you can't compare him to Ray Robinson. Ray Robinson has more knockouts than Pacquiao has fights; 3 times the knockouts.

PC: I won't hold you too much longer my man. I always appreciate your time. Is there anything you want to say in closing?

FM: It's all good man; you know we talk like this. I hadn't talked to you for awhile. I hope the fight gets signed. They have both agreed, but I don't think any paperwork has been signed yet. But I hope it gets done because the world is going to see. I'm telling you.

Percy Crawford should tell Sr next time not to take cocaine before interviews like this one...
    Last edited by Titing Kabayo; 12-07-2009, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Harvey View Post
      FLOYD MAYWEATHER SR.: "I REALLY DON'T THINK PACQUIAO WANTED TO FIGHT LIL FLOYD"By Percy Crawford | December 07, 2009

"Lil Floyd been agreed to the terms, then Freddie Roach starting backtracking. First he said it was all on Lil Floyd and they were ready to go and this and that, and then he changed it to Manny got a busted eardrum, March is too soon and all that ****. Man, get the **** out of here. How long of a training camp do they need? ****, it's not until March. But Bob Arum wanted that fight to happen and that's why it got done. I really don't think Pacquiao wanted to fight Lil Floyd. He knows what he's up against… Lil Floyd hasn't taken any damage in the fight game and Pacquiao knows he is fighting a different animal man; ain't going to take no damage," stated Floyd Mayweather Sr. as he talked about the highly-anticipated clash between his undefeated son and Manny Pacquiao.

You don't want to miss what he had to say about the negotiations, the venue, the fight itself, Roy Jones Jr., Bernard Hopkins and much more.

PC: How are you doing Big Floyd?

FM: Everything is good man. I'm just pushing along man.

PC: Before we talk about Pacquiao, I wanted to get your take on Roy Jones. You have been telling me for a long time that he should retire before he gets hurt. I'm sure you feel strongly about that even moreso now?

FM: Yeah man. It's over for him. I didn't get a chance to watch the fight, but I heard it was over with quick. He lucky he didn't fight one of those Klitschko boys. They would have comatosed his ass. It ain't nothing left for him to do but get hurt man. Tarver shook him up and Glen Johnson ruined him for life.

PC: Why is it that fighters have such a hard time walking away from the fight game? Is it because he's just been great for so long; not just Roy, but in general?

FM: Oh yeah, man, it's hard to walk away because you still feel like you can fight. It was tough for me to walk away after I got shot. I saw Sugar Ray Leonard and told him to come to the gym anytime and I will whoop him. I told him that in front of Oscar. I had him in a life and death fight with one hand. It's hard to leave the fight game man; yes sir. See, Bernard just want to make that money.

PC: You're referring to him still wanting to fight Roy?

FM: Oh yeah man. Bernard wants to make that money and erase that loss from his record, but Roy is through man. They not going to get nobody to pick that fight up. ESPN wouldn't even broadcast that ****.

PC: Did you get to see Hopkins' performance?

FM: Nah man. I didn't watch it, but I heard he didn't look that good.

PC: He was hit a lot more than we're accustomed to seeing him hit. FM: That dude was touching Bernard?

PC: He got hit with some overhand rights, but Bernard's size and experience came through in about the 5th or 6th round.

FM: Yeah, a lot of people told me they weren't that impressed with the way he fought.

PC: Big business going on with your son. It seems they have both agreed to fight one another.

FM: Yeah man. Lil Floyd been agreed to the terms, then Freddie Roach starting backtracking. First he said it was all on Lil Floyd and they were ready to go and this and that, and then he changed it to Manny got a busted eardrum, March is too soon and all that ****. Man, get the **** out of here. How long of a training camp do they need? ****, it's not until March. But Bob Arum wanted that fight to happen and that's why it got done. I really don't think Pacquiao wanted to fight Lil Floyd. He knows what he's up against.

PC: Have you talked to Floyd and how does he feel about the fight?

FM: He's ready to go man. Let me tell you something man, I see people saying if Zab Judah gave Lil Floyd problems, so can Pacquiao. Man, winning 3 rounds in a 12-round fight is not giving somebody problems man. Once Lil Floyd figured Zab out, he tore his ass up and Zab knew what was about to happen; that's why he hit him with that low shot. But I'm going to tell you something man, with Pacquiao, it's not even going to be a figuring him out process. Pacquiao is terrible man. The man don't move his damn head, he jumps straight in…hey man, you gonna see. You gonna see.

PC: For the record, you did pick De La Hoya, Hatton, of course because you were training him, and Cotto to beat Pacquiao.

FM: Hey man, let me tell you something, I don't know why in the hell De La Hoya chose to fight that man at 147. That was just crazy man. Ricky Hatton gave me one round to give him advice and what did I tell him? I told him keep his damn hands up, move his head and go in behind his jab. He didn't do nothing I said. A trainer can only give instructions man. Hatton was scared of Pacquiao though man. And Cotto was done after the Margarito fight man. Let me hit you upside your head with some damn bricks and see if you fight the same (laughing). Lil Floyd hasn't taken any damage in the fight game and Pacquiao knows he is fighting a different animal man; ain't going to take no damage.

PC: Pacquiao and his wife were on a Filipino radio station and they basically said you are giving Pacman motivation to beat Lil Floyd with the accusations that you made regarding Pacquiao being on steroids.

FM: (Laughing) They can have all of the motivation they want, that's not going to mean **** on fight night. Pacquiao could never beat something that came out of me (laughing). I can say whatever the **** I want to say about him; that's my opinion. I get **** said about me all of the time that isn't true. Come on man.

PC: The venues are looking like New Orleans, Dallas or Vegas are the frontrunners. I would be very shocked to see Vegas let this one get away, would you?

FM: Oh yeah man. I would be real surprised if Bob Arum let this fight not take place here [Las Vegas]. This is where the money is at and I don't see this fight going somewhere else man. But that man that owns the Cowboys [Jerry Jones] has a **** load of money, so we will see.

PC: I spoke to WBO President Francisco Valcarcel and he said it has a lot to do with what weight they will fight at to pick a favorite. He feels if they fight at 144 or 145, that will favor Pacquiao and at 147, it will favor Mayweather.

FM: I tell you this right now, Lil Floyd ain't giving up a pound man. He's not supposed to. If this is a fight for the welterweight title, Lil Floyd can weigh anything from 141 to 147 period. And if Pacquiao was talking about moving to 154 to fight somebody, he can fight Floyd there. But Lil Floyd ain't giving up a pound; **** that catch-weight ****.

PC: Valcarcel also compared Pacquiao to Sugar Ray Robinson and I'm sure you have a strong opinion about that.

FM: Man, what the **** people is looking at man? You can't even put him in the same sentence as Robinson, Ali and all of those greats man. Pacquiao done pulled the wool over people's eyes man. Pacquiao is a strong fighter man, but you can't compare him to Ray Robinson. Ray Robinson has more knockouts than Pacquiao has fights; 3 times the knockouts.

PC: I won't hold you too much longer my man. I always appreciate your time. Is there anything you want to say in closing?

FM: It's all good man; you know we talk like this. I hadn't talked to you for awhile. I hope the fight gets signed. They have both agreed, but I don't think any paperwork has been signed yet. But I hope it gets done because the world is going to see. I'm telling you.

Those highlighted bits had be in stitches..

Comment

Mayweather Sr has confirmed it. Floyd has agreed all to the terms and he is ready. All excuses are coming from Camp Pacman. March too soon hurt hand and ears. Pacman and his fans are scared

Comment

LMAO Floyd Sr. is hilarious i love this guy

Comment

As the Author stressed, Sr. Has a great credibility. We should go by his words

Plus of course, he has a good relationship with his son so yep, he knows all thats going on

Comment

LMAO!!!!

Why the fcuk did you interchange the names????

IT IS FLOYD WHO REALLY DOES NOT WANT TO FIGHT!

Damn *****s! They really like to DISTORT ARTICLES.

FRAUDS! LOL

Comment

lol at SR. He's too high he forgot Leonard KHTFO in 10.

I don't know what "both agreed to fight one another" he didn't understand. He also mentioned Roach is the one saying he thinks pac needs more time, but in the end says he thinks pac is the one scared. Didn't he say after the cotto fight he doesn't want his son to fight pac? Now we know where floyd jr learned how to contradict.

Now this is a perfect example of giving excuses and most probably some nutsuckers will look at this statement of SR, embrace it like a gospel, and dedicate their internet lives in trying to preach their rivals with this utter bull****.

Comment

Floyd Snr may smack talk but with that he is damn right!

Comment

I am not a ******* but Sr. talks lots of smack... just like roach but roach seems to get lucky with his prediction or maybe he knows more than everybody who knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X