No announcement yet.

Roberto Duran's Chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Flawless View Post
    LOL at Duran fans excuses. Do you have an excuses for all of his losses.
    No, me and I thing many Duran fans like Duran for what Duran was. If you have watched many fights of him, you can see the ups and downs in boxing. Nether the less he was a bad mf. I do like his excusses, but he was a fighter and a living man, enjoing live to much, which makes him more special. He wasnt a very good professional or very disciplined sportsmen. But if he was training hard and regular he had shown it on fightnight.
    He was gambling, drinking, had different women, dancing, just doing everything men love to do.

Its always funny, how people love it to see him going down and refering to Tommy Hearns, that he ****ed Duran. Most people see just this one round, and make their opinion, while not watching his fights in his long career.

I for myself stop hating fighters, except the cheaters. It also feels hard to still respect someone like Oscar, for all his stupid recent articels.

Comment

Comment

Not an excuse he was a professional athlete and was entitled to look after himself so the only person whose fault it was that he lost was Duran's.
        However when trying to analyse his career and deciding who would or might beat him then it is a prime Duran you look at and so you look at such fights as SRL 1, Palomino, Cuevas, Buchanan, Lampkin, De Jesus and Moore fight rather than the Hearns fight.
        As for his chin, he was knocked out twice, once when he was 47 and the other time by Hearns who would be on most peoples top 20 pfp punchers of all time. Duran was also 3 weights above his best weight class and you could make a very strong case for Hearns being the no.1 atg at Light Middle.
        So if in a career lasting 30 years and over 100 fights Duran is chinny then I have been watching the wrong sport for 50 odd years.

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
          duran did not have a good chin,he had the ability to roll with the punch,any time a fighter hit him with a right or left hook he was able to roll out of it,when he got hit by hearns right he went down like a tree because a straight right is hard to roll,
          This is not accurate.

Comment

Working...
          X