Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being Humble vs Being Arrogant, what is the better approach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Humble vs Being Arrogant, what is the better approach?

I think its safe to say, "most" people dont like c0ckiness but I think being too humble can hurt a fighter. Take for instance, this passed weekend Peter Quillin gets KO'd, after the fight he was extremely humble, to the point where I think he accepted the possibility of defeat before going into that fight. It also seemed like he was just OK with losing, as a competitor, Id expect him to say he got caught cold and I want a rematch. I think the humble approach in this instance takes away financial gain & notoriety in a rematch because it seems like, "he don't want none." Or he didnt leave much food for though afterwords other than he lost to a better fighter and probably always will...

So with that said, is it better to be arrogant in the game of boxing if you are looking for $$$ and notoriety?

Being arrogant will work if you have the skill. Floyd Mayweather got where he is by talking smack to fan-favorites and then beating them after.

I'm not comparing Ali to Floyd, but if Ali had never said a word about any of his opponents or had the charisma he had.. He wouldn't have half the legacy he has. Trust me.

People love seeing loudmouths take L's. Being arrogant and loud definitely draws attention and builds hype.

But at the end of the day, winning is the best approach hands down. Regardless if a guy is humble or arrogant, if he keeps winning everything else will fall into place.

Comment

Be yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Be yourself.
        Just about to say this

Comment

Arrogance works if you can back it up. Humbleness is almost expected of everyone, no matter who you are. It says something when a person will say of another person, although they're idolized and almost deity like, '...he's such a good person, he's so down to Earth'.

Yea 'cause most humans are down to Earth, it's called gravity *****.

It's almost expected that if you're rich and powerful you're going to be arrogant. But don't dare adhere to that stereotype like someone like Mayweather did.

However, I think the defining feature of arrogance is intelligence. Knowing when and how to be arrogant, almost a tongue-in-cheek style and not taking yourself too seriously.

People like Mayweather rub people the wrong way where as someone like Tyson Fury who's as arrogant, is funny with it and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Comment

Working...
          X