Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been playing old ps2 games, mostly Pro Evo 2006, the one with Adriano on the cover. I think it's probably the best football game I've ever played. Prefect balance between football sim and fun fast arcade game.

It also had Peter Brackley as commentator, loved that guys commentary on Football Italia.

Comment

• What was the pro Evo in 2005. I was at university then. We absolutely caned that game.

L1 and square and watch you put the ball over the out stretched hand of the keeper. I remember doing it to a dude it uni 7 straight times in one match. Dunno what it was with that game but when your player had their tails up you could destroy or be destroyed.

We had a rule - if you got smashed 6 nil you weren't allowed to speak for the duration of the next match and also wear the jacket of shame. It was a purple velvet jacket which my mate inexplicably returned home with after popping to the shops for some milk. Some dude sold it to him out of a van. As soon as you wore it you looked like Jimi Hendrix's niece.

Good times.

That game was racist though. You're on crack if you would choose to be anyone but Nigeria or Cameroon

Comment

• lmao, that athleticism is absurd with those countries.

My favorite I think was Fifa 2012? Something like that. Pato was stupid in that game.

You guys need to watch The English Game on Netflix 100%. It's legit. They really captured the passion for the game in that one. Watching that old Blackburn team lift the cup was done well.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          lmao, that athleticism is absurd with those countries.

My favorite I think was Fifa 2012? Something like that. Pato was stupid in that game.

You guys need to watch The English Game on Netflix 100%. It's legit. They really captured the passion for the game in that one. Watching that old Blackburn team lift the cup was done well.
          It's on my list when I have to move my family out of the house to my on laws.

Heard mixed reviews albeit some people just had everything.

I have a Chelsea mate and he said it made him root for Derby, lol

Comment

• Spurs and Newcastle have have reduced wages of non playing staff by 20%

I knew this would happen. So your chap at the turnstiles takes home 15 quid less or whatever

F.uck off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Spurs and Newcastle have have reduced wages of non playing staff by 20%

I knew this would happen. So your chap at the turnstiles takes home 15 quid less or whatever

F.uck off.
              Oh geez read that at first as everyone was taking a cut.

But just non playing staff? that's ****ing crazy

20% of players wages would pay non playing staff for a year at least..

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                Oh geez read that at first as everyone was taking a cut.

But just non playing staff? that's ****ing crazy

20% of players wages would pay non playing staff for a year at least..
                Because they're scared that some footballers are such scumbags and they'll be able to leave for free for breach of contract.

I mean clubs would pick them up.

Everyone would hate them. But still.

But say if Harry Kane said no. Everyone would go for him.

I mean you wouldn't be able to enjoy your life afterwards because everyone would think you were an absolute scumbag but still.

Some footy players live in a bubble.

Yaya Toure wanted to leave City because they didn't buy him a Birthday cake.

Wayne Rooney thought football players were Guinea pigs in the early stages of covid-19. He's also banged on about the hardships of eating pasta in 9 in the morning.

Jack Grealish went to his mates during lockdown, crashed his car and f.ucked off.

Mason Mount played 5 a side with his mates when meant to be in quarantine.

Ashley Cole nearly crashed his car because Arsenal once only offered him 50 grand a week.

The list goes on. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of players would give up 20% if they had to.

But honestly even if I was a fringe first team member at Spurs I'd be giving up half my wage voluntarily so the f.ucking canteen ladies could get paid.

Dunno how you couldn't without feeling like a c.unt

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  It's on my list when I have to move my family out of the house to my on laws.

Heard mixed reviews albeit some people just had everything.

I have a Chelsea mate and he said it made him root for Derby, lol
                  It's historical, maybe that's why it has mixed reviews.

But the film style and the portrayal of the times was even better than say Peaky Blinders.

Really portrays the passion of the sport, what it meant to those communities way back then that had no pot to piss in or window to throw it out of.

Comment

• The wages being cut of non players is silly.

Honestly, I am not surprised with Newcastle. I did business ethics paper on 0 hour contracts and used mike ashley as an example in Uni.

No surprise he would Mr. Scrooge that up.

Foreigners or the ones not invested into the club culture/ communities, they definitely won't give up wages.

Like I can imagine Harry Kane doing it. But Sissoko and those belgians? Not a chance. See how Eriksen mailed it in? Not a chance. Luiz, Willian, Costa? Not a chance.

But those like Azpilicueta, Mane etc. I can see them giving up wages for the club employees if necessary.

Comment

• There's no way Chelsea will cut wages.

Although there is a weird thing at Chelsea. I worked in that club shop when I was at uni and I'm not sure if Abramovic actually owns it. He owns the hotel. He doesn't own the pitch.

Comment

Working...
                      X