No announcement yet.

An injury robbed us of a classic bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
    is there proof yet that wilder had a busted eardrum? and wilder is lucky the punch landed where it did cause if it hit him on the chin he gets counted out. wilder NEVER had balance and looked drunk when he went for a KO with multiple punches stumbling around falling
    Wilder's trainer said small cut in the ear at 10:25

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
      I loved every minute of it
      Me too, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        Boxing took a big L today. This was starting off as a fire fight unlike the 1st which was a snoozer for the most part, we were going to see fireworks and then a ****ing busted eardrum happened. I'm not even sure what punch caused it, that knockdown by Fury didn't look like it hit Wilder's ear, it's usually caused by the glove hitting the ear opening just right (even by a light punch), creating pressure and rupturing the eardrum, throws off your equilibrium.

I'm not sure who would've won, but it would've been better than seeing Wilder stumbling around the ring. I wanted to see it end with then exchanging blows not this 1 sided ****. Feels like a huge loss for boxing.
        Blue - Nah.

Wilder's trainer said small cut in the ear at 10:25

Comment

A lot of salt in this thread. Wilder got his ass beat that’s all their is to it. He showed a lot of heart but was convincingly beaten.

In hindsight it’s unsurprising. A 50% fury gave wilder hell in 2018 and beat him imo so it’s not terribly surprising fury at the top of his game beat and stopped him.

Comment

He's in a pro pinacle level fight, there's men from boxing and mma that have had broken orbitals, noses, Jaws etc.
            Very serious injuries occur in any fighting, whether the injury boggles your equilibrium or not, the very best keep on going and can win, bisping was fights people with one eye!

My point is that Wilder got a bad injury from a punch/legally and he just didn't deal with the adversity well.

Even though furys eardrum wasn't bust in their first one....
            That kd in the 12th, that would likely f people's equilibrium and alertness massively due to the sheer head trauma, but he worked through it and even pressed the rest of that round.

The truly top champions find a way and move forwards whatever the injury/issue is, and Wilder only kept moving backwards.

Injury or not, he was and would of been thoroughly outhustled of his gameplan and beaten by fury last night regardless.

9/10 times the better 'boxer' or fight iq does better in the rematch at all weights and that concept is relatable across all combat sports.

Wilder is not good enough for Furys best level. He's just got that life-hack with that power, always a hell of a punchers chance with him, that aside furys better at everything, by a lot.

Equilibrium bollox or not, if you're going to have a fight with someone this s.hit happens and all fair in love and war, tough s.hit, he was beaten.

He didn't quit though, brave man, that decent chin, plus that power, and his heart, there still a spark there for Wilder.

After 19 rounds, Fury has his number well and truly ingrained now.

Ear peroid.

Comment

Fury beat Wilder like an unwanted stepchild. Deal with it, people. It was a man vs a boy in there last night.

Big props to Fury; he came in and did what he said he would do.

Comment

Fury was awesome and would beat any HW in history. Multi skilled. Front foot, back foot, balls of steel. Unreal. Give credit where it's due for once people. For the record, I'd still take Wilder to beat Joshua.He'd be able to land on Joshua clean much easier than Fury, and Joshua can't take Ruiz level power, never mind Wilder's power. Tyson Fury is P4P #1 undisputed

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  That's exactly what a busted ear drum is, thanks for confirming it.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20351879

It causes vertigo. Wilder would've been mauled by anyone with that injury. He literally got off balance from a simple body shot and dropped to the canvas, there were several instances where he kept losing balance.
                  I was more concerned with the punches behind Wilders head and Fury constantly leaning on him, pushing him down.

It's called fighting but there are rules.

That said, the better man won.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                    Watch the featherweights then.

Why would Fury try to land crisp combos at range? So Wilder could swing back?

He was hitting Wilder on the way in and then putting the body on him. Crowding him, leaning on him, fighting on the inside.

Didn't look good? I thought he looked absolutely brilliant. In fact, I'd put that performance against any heavyweight performance in recent memory.

Plenty thought he could win. Plenty thought he could beat Wilder inside the distance. But no-one saw it coming like that. He was completely dominant. He mauled the guy.

I don't rate Wilder, but it takes a pretty special performance to beat him up that badly.
                    Regardless of weight/div...sloppy is sloppy.
                    Fury did what he had to do to win and, imho, didn't look good doing it. This is not me being bitter. Just being honest.

Comment

I heard he was listening to Selina Gomez before the fight and thats why he lost

Comment

Working...
                      X