Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please stop listing IBO as a "World Title"!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please stop listing IBO as a "World Title"!

It was bad enough that the IBF was able to establish itself as the third "World Title", and a step too far that somehow (mainly thanks to UK promoters/fighters) that we have ended up with "WBO" versions as well, adding yet another obstacle to "unified" but PLEASE let's stop adding "IBO" to a list that is already too long!

Agree with the TS. IBO is definitely bogus. WBO IMO is bogus as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
      It was bad enough that the IBF was able to establish itself as the third "World Title", and a step too far that somehow (mainly thanks to UK promoters/fighters) that we have ended up with "WBO" versions as well, adding yet another obstacle to "unified" but PLEASE let's stop adding "IBO" to a list that is already too long!

Agreed anyone who lists IBO as anything other than a non recognized fringe belt is an idiot.

Dont agree with your analogy of british promoters of fighters being responsible for the WBO upsurge though.

It was american boxers that fought over their belts first and Arum jumped on the WBO like it was a lorryload of sheckles... just because Naz, eubank and calzaghe held it alongside other belts ( barring eubank ) doesnt mean we were responsible for that **** show.

hell... if you got rid of both the IBF and WBO right now the US would lose more champs than the brits. Most of ours are in the WBA.

Comment

Too true. I hate how IBO slips into the list.

For me the ‘main’ belts are the WBC WBA and IBF. WBO just behind them. The IBO is really not in as high a regard and literally only gets seen as one whenever a promoter/fighter tries shoving it in to the situation as though it is one; for recent example, see Hearn-Joshua

The only reason it gets flaunted like this is because of when you get those shots of unified guys with all the belts hanging off them, it adds to the image.

No one gives a shít about the IBO, hate reading articles that state Joshua as having four titles. There are four main titles. He has four belts, not four titles. We all know where the fourth is. Joshua could have had the WBU and it would get used as a prop as a major belt.

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
          Too true. I hate how IBO slips into the list.

For me the ‘main’ belts are the WBC WBA and IBF. WBO just behind them. The IBO is really not in as high a regard and literally only gets seen as one whenever a promoter/fighter tries shoving it in to the situation as though it is one; for recent example, see Hearn-Joshua

The only reason it gets flaunted like this is because of when you get those shots of unified guys with all the belts hanging off them, it adds to the image.

No one gives a shít about the IBO, hate reading articles that state Joshua as having four titles. There are four main titles. He has four belts, not four titles. We all know where the fourth is. Joshua could have had the WBU and it would get used as a prop as a major belt.

Hearn has regularly stated that he doesn't recognise the IBO as a legit world title..

I cant think of a time he has forced us to recognize the belt or commanded its respect the same as the others. How many shiny baubles did RJJ ****ing bring with him back in the day?

Even cotto used to parade round with some bull**** white belt that looked like it had come straight out of a toy box.

The only british fighter i can think of that thought they should be recognised for that belt was maybe Hatton back in the day.. and chris deluded twat eubank junior

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Agree with the TS. IBO is definitely bogus. WBO IMO is bogus as well.
            Dont forget "NABO"

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
              Dont forget "NABO"
              NABO is just a regional belt by the WBO. All the other 3 have regional belts too.

Comment

I wasn't aware of any fans on this site that actually took the IBO seriously. I've even asked several times on this site why fighters who win it even carry it around, it's not a real title

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  I wasn't aware of any fans on this site that actually took the IBO seriously. I've even asked several times on this site why fighters who win it even carry it around, it's not a real title
                  I've seen many Joshua fans claim he has 4 titles in a shameless attempt to prop up their sham champion.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                    I've seen many Joshua fans claim he has 4 titles in a shameless attempt to prop up their sham champion.
                    Yeah that IBO is meaningless. I would also shake my head when I saw Klitschko holding it while posing for pictures. It's like it was a stand in belt cause they didn't have the 4 major ones. Heck even the WBO is trash in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                    X