Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 03-05-2018, 02:00 AM #41
One Hit Wonder

Quoted: 11838 Post(s)
Elroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 580,113,099,781,733.38
Total Points: 100,001,000,681,213,188,374,528.00
Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 
AAAAAAAA, shaaaad aaap! - Plier88888 Everyone Knows its an alt, dumbass.  Genius.  I made this because Hammer77777 was permabanned by a racist mod.  If I was trying to be incognito would I choose Plier88888?   Sheesh.  Its obvious that its Hammer's alt til I get that account restored. - Plier88888 stay in your lane motherfuker before i put u back in it - Plier88888 please forgive me, i think ur a cool dude. - Shaolin Sword enjoy your bad RACIST idiot. Keep spewing racism and more will come. - Shaolin Sword 
You're a good poster and contributor to this site - desktop 0 I have no problem with you - desktop 0 I have no problem with you. Desk Flop - anthonydavid11 can't green. here's something green ;) - Turd Best Ever For being homosexual. - ShoulderRoll 
So glad I struck a nerve ;) - Boxing Goat Gift time.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Smoov, bruvva - Tony Trick-Pony Cleaning up this mug... - Tony Trick-Pony USA USA USA - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by considerthis View Post
wilder was completely clear and ready to go at the end of the round...yet the commission felt the need.....
/thread.......
Elroy The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-05-2018, 02:09 AM #42
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 3560 Post(s)
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 143,987,488,405,858,189,312.00
Total Points: 100,143,987,488,405,852,258,304.00
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
No, I don't think it's hating to ask the questions. You're asking in good faith. Your history has clearly shown you're not a hater or a troll.

You would have to ask the commission of why they have the doctor check the fighter at the start of the round. I don't know their stated reason, I just know that's how they do things because I've seen it several times since the lawsuit settlement.

But it's not just the doctor at the start of the round, it's also the ref after a knockdown. In New York, you get so much extra time now after a knockdown. There was an Ortiz knockdown last night where he got up at nine and then the ref spent nine full seconds asking if he was okay before allowing Wilder to try to follow up.

You can look at the clock and see that over 20 seconds went by between Ortiz goines down and Wilder being allowed to follow up.

That's just how New York is now. You get the extra time after the knockdowns and you have the doctor sometimes asking to check a fighter at the beginning of a round.

Now, in terms of why the doctor checks at the beginning of the round, I can give you my best guess as to why that is, but you'd really have to contact the commission to get their official answer. They may feel it would be unfair to the fighter to interfere with the corner's opportunity to hydrate their fighter, give instructions, work on cuts, give the fighter a chance to sit down and rest, etc. The doctor wants to inspect the fighter standing up with nobody interfering so he can get a good look into his eyes, etc and that fighter would be at a serious disadvantage if he had to stand while the doctor ate up his recovery time, ate up his corners instruction time, ate up the cutman's time, ate up his rehydration time, etc.
I respect posts like this because itís a discussion about boxing, nothing wrong with that, and yes Ortiz should have been counted out too after the first KD in the 10th round, not sure how the ref didnít count to 10 in that instance. I definitely counted up to 10, and yes he seem to give Ortiz added time also.. so maybe it is a NYC thing like I was told a few days ago after the fight. And like I pointed out on that day, I donít mind the extra caution if it saves a fighters life.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:42 AM #43
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
iamboxing has a reputation beyond reputeiamboxing has a reputation beyond reputeiamboxing has a reputation beyond reputeiamboxing has a reputation beyond reputeiamboxing has a reputation beyond reputeiamboxing has a reputation beyond reputeiamboxing has a reputation beyond reputeiamboxing has a reputation beyond reputeiamboxing has a reputation beyond reputeiamboxing has a reputation beyond reputeiamboxing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,000,869,481,063,724,875,776.00
Knowledgeable Poster - Dr Rumack Knowledgeable Poster - Dr Rumack Great posts... - anthonydavid11 No Message - anthonydavid11 knows his stuff - jas 

They "remembered" to check him just as the round began. Definitely fishy. But then again Wilder decked Ortiz.
iamboxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:47 AM #44
Jewel Thief

Quoted: 2233 Post(s)
McDonough has a reputation beyond reputeMcDonough has a reputation beyond reputeMcDonough has a reputation beyond reputeMcDonough has a reputation beyond reputeMcDonough has a reputation beyond reputeMcDonough has a reputation beyond reputeMcDonough has a reputation beyond reputeMcDonough has a reputation beyond reputeMcDonough has a reputation beyond reputeMcDonough has a reputation beyond reputeMcDonough has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,508,810.60
Total Points: 1,000,004,848,789.69
Stick this tampon into your bleeding cunt - Turd Best Ever McSaltyNut is a fool for create an identical thread - Outworn McSaltyNut is a FAG!! - Outworn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
Now, in terms of why the doctor checks at the beginning of the round, I can give you my best guess as to why that is, but you'd really have to contact the commission to get their official answer. They may feel it would be unfair to the fighter to interfere with the corner's opportunity to hydrate their fighter, give instructions, work on cuts, give the fighter a chance to sit down and rest, etc. The doctor wants to inspect the fighter standing up with nobody interfering so he can get a good look into his eyes, etc and that fighter would be at a serious disadvantage if he had to stand while the doctor ate up his recovery time, ate up his corners instruction time, ate up the cutman's time, ate up his rehydration time, etc.
Sounds reasonable to me.
McDonough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:48 AM #45
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4024 Post(s)
WBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,000,000,116,492.23
Some tissue to clean up all the bs you want people to believe - Robbie Barrett One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder My word you are living your fantasies through this forum - !a! No one believes your lies LOL - !a! LIES, LIES and LIES - !a! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamboxing View Post
They "remembered" to check him just as the round began. Definitely fishy. But then again Wilder decked Ortiz.
Have you watched a lot of boxing in New York since the $22 million lawsuit settlement? Checking the fighter at the beginning of the round is how NY does things now.

The other change I've noticed is asking the fighter a million times if they're okay after a knockdown. Which is why Ortiz was given so much time. It was a full 20 seconds between him going down and Wilder being allowed to follow up.
WBC WBA IBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:00 AM #46
Amateur

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Viacheslav is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 1,792.15

Ortiz also needed time to recover. He "hurt" himself more than he injured Wilder in the 7th, so this pause was useful for both.
Viacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:02 AM #47
Amateur

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
donnyriz is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 815.44

"conspiracy theories" like this are ridiculous. I've seen this happen so often in fights everywhere now, UK, Germany, US, I don't even pay no mind anymore. You really think a guy gets an extra 20 seconds while a doctor checks his eyes is somehow giving him an extended recovery time?? Have you ever been hit with multiple punches in the face??. 20 seconds ain't s***. How about some respect for making sure these guys don't suffer life-ending injuries at the expense of your entertainment.
donnyriz is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
night, officials?, receive, wilder

User Tag List