Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is greater, Joe Calzaghe or Bernard Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easily Hopkins. As much as I loved Joe, Hopkins accomplished wayyyyy more

Comment

I picked Calzaghe. He had a longer undefeated streak than B Hop, he was the top guy at 168, a division Hopkins totally avoided, and he beat Hopkins. Now a lot of people will say Hopkins was past his prime yet they seem to forget that he became Light heavy weight champion again years after losing to Joe.

At first I wanted to say Hopkins but after thinking about it more I had to go with Joe.

Comment

Joe was the better fighter, and more entertaining to watch, but Hopkins did a lot more with his career. I'm a Calzaghe fan but I'll admit, he only had half a dozen really interesting fights.

Comment

I say equal, I don't really want to pick one over the other, obviously, Joe beat him and that will likely always hold strong over Bhop, but Hopkins has done some unprecedented things in his career which imo put him just at the same level.

Comment

BHop by a country mile.

Comment

How is this even a question? Make the poll public next time, so posters have to stand by their picks.

Comment

It's not close, Bernard is higher ranked all time, and accomplished twice as much in his career as Joe did. Hopkins was 43 when they fought.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  85 year old bhop and roy jones sent much younger calzaghe crawling on the canvas, imagine what they would do to him in their primes.
                  exactly, calzaghe is overrated

Comment

Both of them are overrated.

Comment

Working...
                    X