Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joining the crowd: One latecomer’s pound-for-pound take

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lyle's opinion is one of, if not the worst, of all the big-time boxing site "journalists".

Comment

Another pound for pound list with Bradley above Pacquiou. Can we all rewatch that fight and then put Pacquiou above Bradley.

Comment

lol this aged version of hopkins and old man martinez this is p4p not ranking a persons career.

also get bradley below pac.

pac 118 - 110 brad

Comment

Seems strange to see a p4p list without JMM or GGG on it these days. Especially considering Carl Crotch is on it. I personally don't think Mikey Garcia is anywhere near being the best fighter below 147. But anyway that's his list and I guess he is entitled to his opinion, I just have to say I respectfully disagree with it.

Comment

Originally posted by dankitydank View Post
            I think Roman Gonzalez, Takashi Uchiyama, Ruslan Provodnikov, or even JMM deserve to be on the list moreso than Froch. Even Broner at lightweight would take Froch at 135. Everything else on the list is agreeable.
            Provodnikov has 1 truly impressive win and has a lot more to prove than Froch. Broner hardly has any truly impressive wins and isn't on Froch's level either. And probably never will be. And he doesn't fight at 135 anymore and never will again. I could go on here.
            Point is, Froch has every right to be on the list. Clear cut number 2 guy in one of the deepest divisions in boxing and only lost to Ward in recent memory, and Ward could be argued for number 1 on the list.

Comment

Not a bad list.

Comment

Atleast he had the decency to put Wladimir high up on the list but in all truth no way does Andre Ward deserve to be higher rated P4P than a guy who is breaking all the HW records, absolutely no way in hell has he done anything worthy of meriting that rating!
                I honestly do think its bias when it comes to that over Wladimir, perhaps If Wladimir was fighting regularly state-side instead of in Europe he'd get the recognition he rightfully deserves.

Don't agree with Martinez being a "10a" GGG completely holds that made up number If there's to be a middleweight in the top 10 P4P, you can't put someone in who's look massively unimpressive and wants to duck the potential fight all the fans want to see just so he can fill his wallet with even more cash when he's been massively inactive, the fight with GGG could of happened in Argentina... There was no point fighting Murray.

Then Carl Frock... No, just no!
                Last edited by M Bison; 01-07-2014, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckweather Jr. View Post
                  lol this aged version of hopkins and old man martinez this is p4p not ranking a persons career.

also get bradley below pac.

pac 118 - 110 brad
                  Yeah that also, some of his list is okay but most of it seems kind of BS to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                    Atleast he had the decency to put Wladimir high up on the list but in all truth no way does Andre Ward deserve to be higher rated P4P than a guy who is breaking all the HW records, absolutely no way in hell has he done anything worthy of meriting that rating!
                    I honestly do think its bias when it comes to that over Wladimir, perhaps If Wladimir was fighting regularly state-side instead of in Europe he'd get the recognition he rightfully deserves.

Don't agree with Martinez being a "10a" GGG completely holds that made up number If there's to be a middleweight in the top 10 P4P, you can't put someone in who's look massively unimpressive and wants to duck the potential fight all the fans want to see just so he can fill his wallet with even more cash when he's been massively inactive, the fight with GGG could of happened in Argentina... There was no point fighting Murray.

The guy cleanly beat out his entire division and fought the best in the next weight class up and stopped him (regardless of weight issues). Mind you, his weight class isn't considered weak like Heavyweight is and he's systematically dismantling everyone put in his path. He's #1. Most skills, best competition, and best product boxing has to offer today. Doesn't need to be exciting. Just needs to be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post

... We are usually told that Ward cleared up his division... But that was more than two years ago, and he did actually nothing since then...

(Froch is here because of Ward... )

Comment

Working...
                      X