Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fat yanks, put your hotdogs down and put your dummies back in..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat yanks, put your hotdogs down and put your dummies back in..

It's hilarious the amount of posts relating to a 'Prime Roy Jones' the Jones of the 90's.

Fact of the matter is Joe is no spring chicken either guys, he's way past his prime, for all you part-time boxing fans who only started watching Calzaghe after the Kessler fight I'd suggest you look at his early career and watch his fights. He was always up against it! most of the big fights the odds never in his favour.

Joe Calzaghe is way past his prime, he's 36 years old, the majority of you part-time armchair supporters have only seen about 3 of his fights and think you can judge his whole career because you've seen a couple of episodes of 24/7 and watch a few YouTube clips and listen to the propaganda of your sporting channels.

46 wins, 0 loses and 32 KO's.

I'm not asking you to like the guy, he's welsh for fu.cks sake, just give credit where it's due, and shut the fu.ck up!

The reason why fighters look bad against Joe Calzaghe is because he really is that good. It's not because the other fighter had a bad fight, it's because Joe fights on the fly and works out opponents and nullifys their gameplan.

Joe Calzaghe will only get the respect he deserves after he retires or when he's dead.

joe's a great fighter.

1st ballot HOFer.

i have him ranked #4 behind roy , toney and bernard 160-190 in their era.

Comment

Originally posted by mojack View Post
      It's hilarious the amount of posts relating to a 'Prime Roy Jones' the Jones of the 90's.

Fact of the matter is Joe is no spring chicken either guys, he's way past his prime, for all you part-time boxing fans who only started watching Calzaghe after the Kessler fight I'd suggest you look at his early career and watch his fights. He was always up against it! most of the big fights the odds never in his favour.

Joe Calzaghe is way past his prime, he's 36 years old, the majority of you part-time armchair supporters have only seen about 3 of his fights and think you can judge his whole career because you've seen a couple of episodes of 24/7 and watch a few YouTube clips and listen to the propaganda of your sporting channels.

46 wins, 0 loses and 32 KO's.

I'm not asking you to like the guy, he's welsh for fu.cks sake, just give credit where it's due, and shut the fu.ck up!

The reason why fighters look bad against Joe Calzaghe is because he really is that good. It's not because the other fighter had a bad fight, it's because Joe fights on the fly and works out opponents and nullifys their gameplan.

Joe Calzaghe will only get the respect he deserves after he retires or when he's dead.
      Roy has been sitting on the shelf for a while (minus the Trinidad fight). Not only is he old but he is stale. I understand that for guys in the UK it is tough to see the truth (Calzaghe fought a COMPLETELY different fighter last night).

I think Roy needs to stay retired before he does his legacy anymore damage. I figured the fight would go the way it did. It didn't take a boxing expert to predict that (why I didn't pay for it). I have watch RJJ over his career so I feel I am qualified to make these statements. Nor am I a "fat yank".....
      If you UK guys spent half as much time at the dentist as you did overhyping guys who have never been TRUELY tested you would be in good shape.

Comment

Working...
      X