Comments Thread For: NSAC Head: Byrd Did Excellent Job in Mayweather-McGregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    As per usual I disagree with the NSAC.

-Byrd gave a weird ass pre-fight SPEECH, that sh^t wasn't the standard pre-fight instructions thats for damn sure, which seemed odd as f#ck & out of place

-Byrd allowed Conor to throw idk how many hammer punches which I would assume to be illegal, but maybe I need to check the rulebook out or something idk

-Byrd gave Conor no sorta warning that he was close to stopping the fight, a simple "show me something" remark woulda been fine, but just jumping in over a flurry that mostly didn't land or didn't land solid isn't a good look when stopping a fight thats this big

Granted no super strong negatives there, but it wasn't a "excellent job". Solid job probably would be more fitting.
    The instructions were weird and it seemed like it was all aimed at Conor.

The hammer punches were more like love taps and I agree with you calling it a solid performance. No one is mentioning Nathan Cleverley, that fight was stopped way to late.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
      No one is mentioning Nathan Cleverley, that fight was stopped way to late.
      Man...idk...I really hate seeing a guys title taken without giving him every chance, within reason anyway, so I don't hate that fight going longer than it maybe should've, but I can see how you & others would say its a late stoppage & can't disagree too much with you. I guess I don't think Jack was landing with THAT much power or was hurting Cleverly THAT much with his shots, but the volume was getting a lil much vs what was coming back at Jack.

My general opinion with standing stoppages is I think the bigger the fight the more of a chance you give a guy to work through trouble. The lesser the fight going all the way down to 4 rounders with guys with less then 5 fights the earlier you jump in.

Comment

Working...
      X