No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa Barely Defeats Alexis Reyes in Cancun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Gamboa turns 36 in December. He's chasing a ghost now. I get the feeling that after the Castellanos debacle, Yuri went into full denial mode. Now it's like, "If I train harder, I'll get back to my old glory." It's not happening. Gamboa frittered away a natural talent that's quite rare. It ain't coming back.
    Honestly he should of retired after quitting on his stool against castellanos that should of been his last stand. not sure what his financial state is and if that's why he is continuing to fight. It might be more then denial he might just be broke. You would think he would want to retire rather then be a gate keeper.
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 08-13-2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee View Post
      Amen

I feel like he should just retire, it's too late the years of stupidity have caught up finally.
      Yeah, bro. Gamboa was always a space cadet, but he had ridiculous talent. Now that the ability is gone, he's just a space cadet.

I was texting with a Cuban friend of mine a few minutes ago, talking about Gamboa. My boy tells me Yuri goes back and forth to Cuba all the time, spending his time partying and drinking. Supposedly he even got re-classified as a Cuban citizen! You believe that shit? He's a dope. I don't mean to sound heartless, but he literally got what he deserved. That's a fact.

Comment

Why is he fighting at Lightweight? He needs to be fighting at 126-130. That's his biggest problem. He's always had issues with defense and his chin. At 135 they hit too hard.

Gamboa might be the biggest waste of talent of this decade. H3 had so much speed and power. Its a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Honestly he should of retired after quitting on his stool against castellanos that should of been his last stand. not sure what his financial state is and if that's why he is continuing to fight. It might be more then denial he might just be broke. You would think he would want to retire rather then be a gate keeper.
          You may very well be right. It could simply be a money thing. And I agree, that Castellanos deal should've been the end. I really thought it was. Quitting like that, I thought Yuri realized it was finally the end of the road. I thought it was sad. Seeing him back like this shows he's really just a dumbass, financial issues or not.

Comment

Performance enhancing drugs.

Comment

Fight was in Cancun, probably busy partying and busting chicks down.

Comment

Gamboa was a wasted talent for all kinds of reasons
                Between personal and professional problems he never went anywhere
                But I do recall that imo he looked like something very very special
                I thought he was going to be huge
                Now from what I saw yesterday he won't even qualify as a stepping stone to some of the up and comers
                Better to get out before some brain damage(he does get hit a lot)

Comment

Gamboa wasted his talent. Even when he was really good you could see his lack of motivation and focus. To be honest it seems like him and JuanMa are cut from the same cloth. Immense talent but severe lack of discipline.

Comment

Well, if there was any down that Gamboa was done, there shouldn't be now. He just needs to fight Juan Ma in a last hurrah and then both can retire

Comment

Hang em up man

Comment

Working...
                      X