No announcement yet.

Errol Spence vs Mikey Garcia Expected to do Well Over 300k Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
    True but Pacquiao was doing around 400K and then skyrocketed to 1.4 million vs Oscar. Pacquiao is arguably a bigger star than Oscar, so Pacquiao vs Spence could become a similar type event.

I wouldn't rule it out. I just think to start breaking 1m barriers, you have to cross over to casual fan and average sports viewer in a big way, most of which don't know Errol Spence. Pac now has nowhere near the pull that he used to either.

Pacquiao v Broner did about 400k. Broner is more known than Spence. Even if the Spence fight might sound more appealing, i doubt if raises the number dramatically

700k would be a huge success, taking everything into account

Comment

Wow shows how dumb people are wasting money on that crap, they should have messaged olde' madison before buying it and they could have saved some money. I didnt bother watching it and it was free over here. Id rather watch netflix or paint dry than watch that crap where one fighter had no chance.

Comment

Good to hear.

Comment

it did better than wilders ppv? hes the most popular and famous boxer in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

So over 45k in the stadium and over 300k buys? Maybe around 400k? Not bad, not bad at all. Star making performance for Spence. Haymon needs to give him Pacquiao next to officially take it up even another level.
            spence cant sell over 97k by him self, lol... let him try... this is his first ppv for a reason..

Comment

That's great news for boxing fans! I don't know what's to hate about the match up. No welterweight wants smoke against Spence and Mikey stepped up to the plate and dared to be great. Let's not forget Mikey called out Spence and not the other way around. Spence simply took the best option available after none of the other top 147 pounders showed any desire to fight him next.

The 300+ PPV buyrate coupled with 47 thousand plus fans in attendance is good news for boxing fans.Why crap on a figure that pitted two of boxing's best? These are legit boxers. It wasn't a novice boxer vs a legit boxer trying to hype a mismatch to steal your money. Boxing needs more of this. Of course we want to see 47 pounders vs 47 pounders but when you have fighters wanting to make great fights, how can you hate on them?

Comment

That’s not surprising, you have that Latino market there with Mikey Garcia, and FOX is massive in terms of audience, didn’t Plant/Uzi do better than Tank/Hugo recently? This is why am surprised that Haymon has put his slave (Wilder) next fight back on showtime when FOX would be more beneficial to him.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  it did better than wilders ppv? hes the most popular and famous boxer in the world.
                  Wilder/Fury was on showtime, Spence/Garcia was on FOX. Remember plant/uzi did better views than Tank/Hugo. And Tank is meant to be a bigger name/future star.

Comment

Working...
                  X