No announcement yet.

Judge The Shawn Porter "SLIP" in The Ugas Fight. VIDEO INSIDE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
    What do people mean by "the punch didn't land"? The punch DID land, it landed on the gloves, but it did land and the momentum of the punch is what drove Shawn to the floor. Any legal punch that drives you to the floor is a knockdown even if it got blocked or landed on the shoulder. This definitley was a knockdown but I still think Shawn won like 8-4 and he deserved the decision tonight.

That guy Ugas has it all except the mental capacity to fight for a world title. He was completely star struck and looked like a deer that got caught in the headlight for a very long portion of the fight. Nobody to blame but himself for all the chances he wasted in the fight.
    Look carefully at the slo mo. His forearm hits Porters arm. The punch didn't land.

Comment

Terrible argument for winning the fight. There's plenty of other evidence that he should have won. This ain't it.

Comment

Comment

I worry for the future of the sport if people think THAT is a knockdown.

Comment

The punch caused him to fall to the ground. Knocked his foot from under him. Was a knockdown. Ugas won. Whoever says any different, you should put them on Ignore and never give them the time of day again.

Comment

Those of you calling it a landed "punch". Care to share why you consider a rabbit punch to be a legal KD?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Looks like an illegal punch to me, but if that wasn’t called then the ref has to call it a kd.

Comment

Looks like he got the back of his head a bit....but if the ref doesn't call rabbit punch shouldn't it be a kd?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Those of you calling it a landed "punch". Care to share why you consider a rabbit punch to be a legal KD?
                    I think it did land behind the head , But more so because the angle Porter was moving away at

But When the punch landed Porter was in the process of moving his back leg. the force of the punch shifted Porters body enough he wasn’t able
                    To Plant the back leg and that’s what caused it slip out from underneath.

Not saying it was a hard KD or anything But it’s because of the punch that had Porter shifting his
                    Body in a way that he wasn’t Able to plant the back foot.

To me That’s a KD because Porter hit the canvas as a result from a punch, Not because he just slipped

To me that’s a KD

Comment

Clear slip. No controversy. A warning or point could have been deducted for that rabbit ''punch'', though

Comment

Working...
                      X