Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: Of Course Loma Would Fight Me; I'm The Cash Cow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '...I’m putting butts in the seats, so I don’t think he doing that. So, you know, line ‘em up. I’m willing to fight anybody. I’m ready.”

The 25-year-old Davis (23-0, 22 KOs) helped draw an announced crowd of 14,129 to State Farm Arena for his main event versus Cuba’s Gamboa (30-3, 18 KOs). Davis’ previous fight, a second-round stoppage of Panama’s Ricardo Nunez on July 28, attracted an announced capacity crowd of 14,686 to Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore....'

I'm trying to reconcile this with Loma/Campbell putting 20,000 bums in seats....

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
      '...I’m putting butts in the seats, so I don’t think he doing that. So, you know, line ‘em up. I’m willing to fight anybody. I’m ready.”

The 25-year-old Davis (23-0, 22 KOs) helped draw an announced crowd of 14,129 to State Farm Arena for his main event versus Cuba’s Gamboa (30-3, 18 KOs). Davis’ previous fight, a second-round stoppage of Panama’s Ricardo Nunez on July 28, attracted an announced capacity crowd of 14,686 to Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore....'

I'm trying to reconcile this with Loma/Campbell putting 20,000 bums in seats....
      I'm certain that it was Floyd who fed him that nonsense. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
        '...I’m putting butts in the seats, so I don’t think he doing that. So, you know, line ‘em up. I’m willing to fight anybody. I’m ready.”

Thought Ellerbe said 30,000 seats were sold? Guess his typical BS. 14k is good numbers but Jose Ramirez does the same thing in Fresno. Guess all of a sudden he's a cash cow now by that logic.

Comment

• This is the p*$$i$t thing I’ve ever heard in my life. Dude just fought Gamboa and he’s 38 yrs old. Think about that. No hating but this dude makes himself look so soft when it comes to Lomachenko.

Comment

• Goat comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              It's not just that fight it's fights going forward. Most of those people at the fight don't know who Lomachenko is. But every Lomachenko fan knows Gervonta. A fight with Gervonta exposes Lomachenko to a larger audience.
              As someone from this corner of Asia, I can confirm that we have it backwards. Had to explain to my dad who Davis is

Comment

• Fat Cow is what he meant

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  And that's what bothers me. If you're young and taking your time, keep other fighters names out of your ****ing mouth. In the last two weeks he's called out Josh Taylor (WTF?) Lomachenko, Haney, Terrance Crawford (sigh) but we know he's not going near any of them. It's why I hate all these belts, you always get some young guy (Munguia is another good example) who wins the belt off someone who shouldn't have it (or a vacant belt) and then holds it hostage fighting cans because "he's young."

once you challenge for a world title, no more learning on the job.
                  Totally agree

Comment

• Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                    Actually Loma is the cash cow and Davis is the Diva.
                    Loma is no cash cow but he would beat Tank relatively easy in my opinion especially if they fought at 135lbs. I view a cash cow as a fighter that can fight any Tomato can and still make over 15 million.. More importantly you change your opponents life by the sum they make fighting you. Fighters barely make 1 million fighting Loma and Tank offered a champion 2.5 million to fight him.

Canelo is the true cash cow , with Anthony Joshua a close second

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      It's not just that fight it's fights going forward. Most of those people at the fight don't know who Lomachenko is. But every Lomachenko fan knows Gervonta. A fight with Gervonta exposes Lomachenko to a larger audience.
                      Lol...those people are casual fans then. Don’t act like Davis is some household name cuz “black Hollywood” doe...there’s plenty of casual Loma fans who have no idea who tank is.

Comment

Working...
                      X