Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Dillian Whyte want to fight eliminators?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't Dillian Whyte want to fight eliminators?

He turned down the Ortiz eliminator for the WBC.
    (Wasn't he also offered Breazeale for an eliminator?)

Then went to the IBF & asked for a title shot and they told him yea. But he has to fight Pulev & he turned it down.

Now he doesn't want to fight Tyson Fury for the WBC eliminator

Someone didn't explain to him how mandatory works

Comment

What I can't figure out is this:

Has Hearn lied to Whyte about how you become mandatory? And Whyte actually believes he's been screwed over by the WBC?

Or does Whyte understand how you become mandatory and he's just following the script Hearn has given him to try to fool fans into thinking he's been screwed over?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        What I can't figure out is this:

Has Hearn lied to Whyte about how you become mandatory? And Whyte actually believes he's been screwed over by the WBC?

Or does Whyte understand how you become mandatory and he's just following the script Hearn has given him to try to fool fans into thinking he's been screwed over?
        Feeling sorry for himself isn't going to rectify the situation. He needs to fight an eliminator

Comment

whyte was ranked #1 and breazele #2. he tried to fight breazele but breazele chose to fight #13 ranked eric molina instead and the wbc said thats a good enough fight to make as mandatory to our title entirely skipping over the #1 guy. now lets see who is the wbc champ...wilder. wilder is with pbc. who are breazele and molina with? pbc. is whyte with pbc? no. politics anyone? pbc wanted their guys in position so they got them.

the ibf shot was for crap money and he would have had to fight on the road. he made 4 times more fighting parker in a home fight. pretty easy decision there.

he said he would fight breazele or ortiz if it got him next shot. wbc said no. you would be the 2nd in line so waiting a year or two yeah thats why he didnt go that direction and went after joshua.

i dont know about fury but furys with espn so thats a good starting point

Comment

He does turn down a lot of eliminators.

Is it a money thing? Is there some 50/50, 75/25 automatic cut rule with mando fights & eliminators?

Love or hate Whyte, & I wasn't a fan of his for quite awhile, but have come to respect & appreciate him in recent times, he seems a intelligent boxing business guy & has shown to be of some value that is more than the average mfer in the division.

If there isn't a cut thing going on with mando/eliminator fights that would be a problem it could be him simply milking his paydays in easier fights guys he knows he's got a Joshua fight sooner or later on the books due to his relationship with Eddie & taking a mando fight vs a harder opponent in a less favorable position could drastically lower his value along with putting him on a further backburner for Eddie vs Joshua at some point if not completely destroying that opportunity.

Seems like he was recently pushing for the WBC to make a call doe, but I don't see much of a chance Fury will fight him next cuz Fury seems to be on some weirdo American bs fight tour.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              whyte was ranked #1 and breazele #2. he tried to fight breazele but breazele chose to fight #13 ranked eric molina instead and the wbc said thats a good enough fight to make as mandatory to our title entirely skipping over the #1 guy.
              LOL is this legit? Anyone back up what Daggum is saying?

Cuz I do feel like the WBC is f#cking with him a lil bit. They let Breazeale fight a bs mando fight & threw him f#cking Ortiz, the HW boogieman.

Why didn't Whyte vs Breazeale happen for any ABC dork who happens to know this sorta corrupt sh^t?

Comment

whyte was ranked #1 and breazele #2. he tried to fight breazele but breazele chose to fight #13 ranked eric molina instead and the wbc said thats a good enough fight to make as mandatory to our title entirely skipping over the #1 guy. now lets see who is the wbc champ...wilder. wilder is with pbc. who are breazele and molina with? pbc. is whyte with pbc? no. politics anyone? pbc wanted their guys in position so they got them.

the ibf shot was for crap money and he would have had to fight on the road. he made 4 times more fighting parker in a home fight. pretty easy decision there.

he said he would fight breazele or ortiz if it got him next shot. wbc said no. you would be the 2nd in line so waiting a year or two yeah thats why he didnt go that direction and went after joshua.

i dont know about fury but furys with espn so thats a good starting point
                Yeah none of that is true. ...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  LOL is this legit? Anyone back up what Daggum is saying?

Cuz I do feel like the WBC is f#cking with him a lil bit. They let Breazeale fight a bs mando fight & threw him f#cking Ortiz, the HW boogieman.

Why didn't Whyte vs Breazeale happen for any ABC dork who happens to know this sorta corrupt sh^t?
                  No it's not legit Steverne was #1

Comment

whyte was ranked #1 and breazele #2. he tried to fight breazele but breazele chose to fight #13 ranked eric molina instead and the wbc said thats a good enough fight to make as mandatory to our title entirely skipping over the #1 guy.
                    Hey Daggum,

That's actually not what happened. What happened is that Stiverne was #1 and mandatory. He agreed to put the mandatory status on the line in a fight with Breazeale. Just like Hearn had Povetkin do against David Price.

When Ortiz failed a test and Stiverne was moved to the main event on short notice, Breazeale was legally entitled to face the highest rated available contender in a final eliminator. The fight was offered in order to all the rated contenders, including Whyte. Whyte didn't want to pull out of the Helenius fight and declined the final eliminator against Breazeale.

The highest rated contender willing to take the fight on short notice was #12 Molina. Because Molina wasn't in the top 10, it was only a final eliminator for Breazeale. For Molina, it was a semi-final eliminator. Hence the confusion.

If you have any questions, I'm happy to help. When I was an intern for Don King, one of my jobs was to study the sanctioning body rule books to search for quirks and loopholes. So I'm well versed in these areas and willing to assist.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X