Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Californians are considering fleeing the state as they blame sky-high costs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    The vette was one of those things I always wanted. Got it. Then dumped an insane amount of money into it. I’m attached to it. Still love it. I’m half way building a 427 for it and will up the blower to an procharger f1 series. 700-800 is the goal.
    Dont ask why. The car now is dangerous to drive. Fun though. One of those guy things.

Interestingly I also plan on moving when wife retires in 9 years. She’s a probation officer and her pension would be taxed by the state if we stay. So we’ll move, likely to Puerto Rico, so state doesn’t tax it. We also have family there, enjoy being there and the beaches are great.

I know many peace officers that have same plan. Many retired officers went to leave To avoid the state tax on their pensions but many others just can’t afford to retire here. Lots have mortgages so that make it difficult and also their own fault.

My attorney buddy is looking to move to Tennessee. But he hates California politics. He’s a hard core republican. The universal health care took him over the top and ins looking to leave. Other wise he loves California. Just doesn’t like the political culture here.

Many leave Many come. I don’t need to read article about a supposed exodus. I’m stuck in traffic that is working by the day. That’s all the evidence I need
    I just bought a boat from a cop in Redding. He said the same thing. The guys he works will are leaving the state when they retire. I don't blame them. I did the same thing.

Hey gotta do what ya gotta do. Some people can't leave right now. To tell you the honest truth I wish people would stay and fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
      Knock this BS off please. Cali is a donor state. Where ever the hell you lives takes in more from the feds than Cali does per capita. This is likely true as cali is in the top ten for least amount per capita in that category.
      What does that have to do with CA screwing YOU?

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
        What does that have to do with CA screwing YOU?
        Or overspending their money.

They dont grasp non sequiturs either, apparently.

Whether they are a donor or taker State is irrelevant to the fact that their unfunded liabilities are unsustainable.

So what if Steve gives a bunch of money away to others, that doesnt make him any more financially responsible or in better financial shape, does it?

Quit obfuscating and address simple points. Like we have to teach children, you gotta pay the piper sooner or later.

These superfans have an excuse for every failure.

I just cant grasp human beings hero worshipping lifer politicians. Lifer politicians?!?!?

If you must hero worship people, at least hero worship people like sports stars, musicians, or celebrities, like normal hero worshipper types do.

Comment

Meanwhile in Texas...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Meanwhile in Texas...

That's gonna help me, and countless other Texans.

Of course cities like Austin are freaking out.

Gonna be fun to watch what they attempt to tax next, because they sure as hell arent going to ever cut a dime of spending (except maybe police and fire services).

Comment

Lol these broke nigas crying about Cali.. go live in Kentucky then.

I dont pay attention to politics so im not feeling ya. Sure gas, food prices went up but i dont feel the effect. Im good.

Dont hate just cuz you cant afford to live in Ca. Im not trying to live in no fkin Florida or Some ghetto ass michigan.

If i decide to relocate one day, it’ll be in Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                Lol these broke nigas crying about Cali.. go live in Kentucky then.

I dont pay attention to politics so im not feeling ya. Sure gas, food prices went up but i dont feel the effect. Im good.

Dont hate just cuz you cant afford to live in Ca. Im not trying to live in no fkin Florida or Some ghetto ass michigan.

If i decide to relocate one day, it’ll be in Asia.
                That's the dumbest **** I've heard. Hey just throw money out the window. FYI, I have plenty of money bud. I just like to keep an much of it as I can.
                Meanwhile , people in California say they hate trump because he "raised their taxes'. But they are a ok with what CA is doing to them. Does that make sense?

Comment

Just moving to a cheaper state isn't going to cure stupid. I can give a guy 3 ply toilet paper but it don't mean hes going to wipe his ass right! So going to the more affordable 1 ply isn't going to do anything different.

1 disturbing trend I find in our current society especially the youth is their inability to manage money. If you cant afford to live somewhere; don't live there, if you cant afford it; don't buy it. The people that are leaving Ca are the dumb dumbs that think they can live in SF and work part time at Starbucks and drive for Uber. These days I see people taking trips to Europe and posting it on Social media but don't own a home or are making car payments on an overpriced vehicle then want to complain about a struggle? lol

While it would be nice to take trips to Europe, drive a Mercedes, and live in SF not all of us can do so. People need to learn to get their priorities straight. The only real people that I feel bad for in Ca are the small business owners, they get the big tax weenie BUT at the same time I see foreign small business owners that do just fine here in Ca so again its a societal trend.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
                    You don't see potential or upside in the 5th largest economy in the world? Lol.
                    I don't see what the correlation between those two things is. How does its current size prove or disprove its future potential?

Especially considering that the population of California doesn't example that of a generation ago in any aspect & you're basically betting on lightning striking twice.

It's more likely we continue to see the expansion of income gaps & public decay seen in LA/SF rapidly spread across the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      Just moving to a cheaper state isn't going to cure stupid. I can give a guy 3 ply toilet paper but it don't mean hes going to wipe his ass right! So going to the more affordable 1 ply isn't going to do anything different.

1 disturbing trend I find in our current society especially the youth is their inability to manage money. If you cant afford to live somewhere; don't live there, if you cant afford it; don't buy it. The people that are leaving Ca are the dumb dumbs that think they can live in SF and work part time at Starbucks and drive for Uber. These days I see people taking trips to Europe and posting it on Social media but don't own a home or are making car payments on an overpriced vehicle then want to complain about a struggle? lol

While it would be nice to take trips to Europe, drive a Mercedes, and live in SF not all of us can do so. People need to learn to get their priorities straight. The only real people that I feel bad for in Ca are the small business owners, they get the big tax weenie BUT at the same time I see foreign small business owners that do just fine here in Ca so again its a societal trend.
                      When people say they can't afford California, they don't mean they can't mathematically afford to exist there. Everything costs more in CA, but equivalent jobs also pay more.

You can "get by" via working full-time anywhere in the US.

However in California cities on an average income, you're going to live an urban sardine can lifestyle with no privacy, send your children to schools swarmed by illegals, drugs, gangs and shemales. You won't forget for 5 minutes that you are part of the financial underclass.

You have to make 100k+ to elevate yourself & live in an isolated community, afford decent private schools, etc.

In more rural states there isn't a whole lot separating the 30k person from the 150k person. They probably live at the top and bottom of the same residential street, send their kids to the same decent school, borrow each other's weedwhackers.

I can afford to go back, I just can't think of a single reason I'd want to.
                      Last edited by ////; 06-13-2019, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X