Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 06-03-2019, 05:00 PM #11
Contender

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
DeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 13,487.01

Though a different type of skill, for a different era of the sport, I think Jack Johnson has to be mentioned for his defensive skills and ability to catch punches.

I also think its interesting, though not really surprising, how many of the fighters listed above were not natural heavyweights. In fact many of them saw their best years at a lighter weight.
DeeMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-03-2019, 05:41 PM #12
Interim Champion

Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 28,099.70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
Which you clearly are.
Oh look at that. How cute. You're back making more jokes nobody laughs at. It's cute how you keep trying. It's almost as if you're not actually trying to be funny with the poor jokes you make, but more a caricature of someone who makes bad jokes. A lampoon, of sorts.... kinda like the "dad-joke guy" we all know. The more groan-worthy the joke, the funnier the moment actually is.

So high-brow. And here we thought your presence here was worthless.
Rusty Tromboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:41 PM #13
Interim Champion

Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMoney View Post
Though a different type of skill, for a different era of the sport, I think Jack Johnson has to be mentioned for his defensive skills and ability to catch punches.

I also think its interesting, though not really surprising, how many of the fighters listed above were not natural heavyweights. In fact many of them saw their best years at a lighter weight.
Johnson is terrible. Really. Check out the film. It's hard to watch.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:43 PM #14
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offic.Scorecard View Post
Tyson
Charles
Walcott
Patterson
Headbuttyfield

PS: I haven't studied in details many old timers yet, but this is the list I'd give you at this point.
Patterson and Holyfield are great mentions. Charles and Walcott are not.

Charles skills began to atrophy. While he was a complete and versatile fighter, I wouldn't call him the most skilled.

Walcott was unorthodox and akward. I dunno how he qualifies as skilled. I wouldn't teach anyone to fight that way.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:45 PM #15
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio2009 View Post
Joe Louis is the best heavyweight fighter to ever put on gloves.

Argue if you want

If i wanted to make a flame-worthy post, that would be the kinda post I would make.

I will say that offensively he's one of the best to ever do it. At any weight. Be he was also a bit robotic and predictable. it worked for him, but he was pretty much limited to his offensive ability. If he weren't so potent a puncher, I doubt he'd be considered w/ guys like Tunney, Tyson, Holyfield, etc.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:32 PM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2000 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,502.01
Total Points: 45,735.80
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 Cheers!!!!! - Outworn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
Oh look at that. How cute. You're back making more jokes nobody laughs at. It's cute how you keep trying. It's almost as if you're not actually trying to be funny with the poor jokes you make, but more a caricature of someone who makes bad jokes. A lampoon, of sorts.... kinda like the "dad-joke guy" we all know. The more groan-worthy the joke, the funnier the moment actually is.

So high-brow. And here we thought your presence here was worthless.
Yet someone laughed at it, so you're wrong. Posts like that are far more laughable than anything even the best comedians can come up with, let alone myself.
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:24 PM #17
Contender

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Offic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,596.88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
Patterson and Holyfield are great mentions. Charles and Walcott are not.

Charles skills began to atrophy. While he was a complete and versatile fighter, I wouldn't call him the most skilled.

Walcott was unorthodox and akward. I dunno how he qualifies as skilled. I wouldn't teach anyone to fight that way.
I don't know, I liked them a lot. I forgot to add Louis.
Offic.Scorecard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:51 AM #18
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
Yet someone laughed at it, so you're wrong. Posts like that are far more laughable than anything even the best comedians can come up with, let alone myself.
And I bet your mom thinks you're really cool.

So there's two people you got rolling with you. Your mom, and Safe Space.

Who would win in a fight, your mom or Safe Space? That kid cries over split milk. I really wonder what he's doing here.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:52 AM #19
Interim Champion

Has no one said Ken Norton?
Old 06-04-2019, 05:56 AM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5763 Post(s)
MDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,255,194.84
Total Points: 2,259,727.50
Thanks for the drink and I always buy a beer back ..respect - Steve plunger Good luck with your picks! - 1hourRun Cheers mate! - kafkod Great posts, sir - anthonydavid11 Keep up the good fight - -KULT- 
Cheers - Nomadic Cause pizza is great, I just had one - Mighty_Windir No Message - Dean_Razorback Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Cheers! - kafkod 
Cheers, bud - Pain~Lucy Have a beer! - CLUBBER! Great poster - Chrismart thanks for the points - Dean_Razorback Thx bro... - jaded 
Thanks! Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Sláinte .. Good health :) - kafkod Cheers. No thanks but cheers. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Thx - jaded 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - MDPopescu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Weltschmerz Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Turd Best Ever Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Turd Best Ever 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
who were the most skilled heavies of all time.

Archie Moore
Ezzard Charles
Joe Walcott
Joe Louis
George Foreman?
Ali...................................
MDPopescu is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
great, heavyweights, ranking, skill

User Tag List