Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 05-27-2019, 12:15 AM #151
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,410.78
Total Points: 74,054.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
Gamboa was more overhyped than Rigo and made far more money. Had like a 1 million signing fee from Ahmet Oner.
- -Gamboa prob had the best natural attributes of all the Fidel defectors save the mentality to save himself from the carrion scavengers around him.

Oner was particularly onerous.
QueensburyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:58 AM #152
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 52,156.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensburyRules View Post
- -The cognoscenti, aficionados, and Cubanos moan over Rigormortis was pure comedy, most esp in the lead up to Loma.

I told them then exactly what Loma was gonna do and that was exactly how it played, one of the easiest and most obvious fight outcomes I ever called.

Not like I was some kind of genius though, but more like them too stricken dumb and blind to see Rigormortis' obvious deficiencies.

You got proof of that? I don't doubt you, it's just trust but verify.

I was shocked by how well Lomachenko did. The dude is clearly one of the best ever (probably top 5 or soemthing). But that performance blew my mind. I was sure Rigo was too crafty and too dangerous.
Rusty Tromboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:52 PM #153
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2109 Post(s)
just the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,424.92
Total Points: 39,641.79
Here you go girl - krazyn8tive No Message - afgbjfgmih 

IMO, Ray Mancini and Pipino Cuevas are extremely overrated.
just the facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:22 PM #154
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,410.78
Total Points: 74,054.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by just the facts View Post
IMO, Ray Mancini and Pipino Cuevas are extremely overrated.
- -So is Joe Grim, the toughest man in boxing.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
QueensburyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:23 PM #155
Up and Comer

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
ron davis has a spectacular aura aboutron davis has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,190.73
Total Points: 10,211.28

Longhaul, you nailed it. There is an excellent story on The Golden Age of Boxing, with all the relative players in the Lightweight & Welterweight Division's. Armstrong, Amber's, Angott, Canzoneri, Ross, Zivic and some guy named Jenkins. I found this on Ebay, item "Davey Day & Henry Armstrong" seller is GOLDSTARSTAMPS they listed two pictures with complete story as the description. Go to search and you'll find it.The content attest to everything you said. Enjoy.

Last edited by ron davis; 05-27-2019 at 11:19 PM.
ron davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:10 PM #156
Contender

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Offic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,490.30

To me it would probably be Andre Ward.
Offic.Scorecard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:58 AM #157
North America Runs Boxing

Quoted: 13974 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 309,248.45
Total Points: 351,540.05
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offic.Scorecard View Post
To me it would probably be Andre Ward.
I don't see Ward as overrated.

He won an Olympic gold medal, won the Super Six tournament against the best fighters at 168 lbs, and fought Sergey Kovalev close in two fights at 175 lbs. Breaking him down to the body in the rematch.

He has a lot of accomplishments to back up his reputation.
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:00 AM #158
Contender

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Offic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond reputeOffic.Scorecard has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,490.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
I don't see Ward as overrated.

He won an Olympic gold medal, won the Super Six tournament against the best fighters at 168 lbs, and fought Sergey Kovalev close in two fights at 175 lbs. Breaking him down to the body in the rematch.

He has a lot of accomplishments to back up his reputation.
I could never agree with you. I give him a lot of credit for his Ring IQ, chin, determination and footwork, but for me he was nothing more than a very good & effective, well rounded, extremely dirty and protected (in many different ways) fighter. Nothing more than that. People are saying Golovkin and Kovalev are HBO's creations, but on the contrary, it suits Ward a lot better. The American media tried to portray him as a p4p no1, a living legend, who's run trough Super 6 was anything close to Pacquiao's run. I'm thinking about making a breakdown video on Ward somewhere in the future, when I do so, I'll send you the link.
Offic.Scorecard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:53 PM #159
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1368 Post(s)
The Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 48,345.59
Total Points: 48,931.17

It takes a minimum of a near-great fighter to qualify for the honor of most overrated. It is plain old logic. No one ever mistakes a Butterbean for an ATG, despite a plethora of dramatic KOs of the kind which usually leave the general public slavering and primed to overrate.

Whereas I do not agree with Offic.Scorecard on Ward, Ward is great enough to qualify for the honor, whereas Mickey Ward would not have been, to use a handy example.

The most overrated title will almost always go to a huge puncher, which SOG was not.
The Old LefHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:03 PM #160
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3943 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,765.76
Total Points: 175,762.97
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old LefHook View Post
It takes a minimum of a near-great fighter to qualify for the honor of most overrated. It is plain old logic. No one ever mistakes a Butterbean for an ATG, despite a plethora of dramatic KOs of the kind which usually leave the general public slavering and primed to overrate.

Whereas I do not agree with Offic.Scorecard on Ward, Ward is great enough to qualify for the honor, whereas Mickey Ward would not have been, to use a handy example.

The most overrated title will almost always go to a huge puncher, which SOG was not.
Great post Lefty....Great post!
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
all-time, fighters, overrated