Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: POLL: Who here thinks Jacobs won? go on the record and tell us why...
Jacobs won 6 8.11%
They got it right....Canelo won 69 93.24%
RicDaRula Es mi Papi tres veces..... 1 1.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2019, 08:04 PM #51
Enemy of the State

Quoted: 18225 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,302.57
Total Points: 144,318.19
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 "I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't." I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor Truce - lfc19titles Truce - lfc19titles 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing1013 View Post
Man I hear what you're saying - but I feel like 95% of the time in a fight there is one winner. The other 5%, 1/20 times, it is a 7-5, 6-6, could go either way type fight.

Not sure how anyone could find 7 rounds for Ward or Canelo (especially fight 1) in those fights. So when you see that almost all the people who did share the same race as those guys, I mean it just makes it clear that people let their personal bias affect their score.

Wilder-Fury, I don't see how anyone saw Fury putting on a boxing clinic in the first 6 rounds. I thought they were pretty even. Last 6 rounds Fury started to relax a little and out-boxed Wilder basically the entire time, but he also got dropped twice. I could see a slight Fury win there or a 6-6 fight as I had it.

That one was legitimately close, especially since the guy getting outboxed had two KD rounds. The other 2 fights you mentioned were straightforward 8-4 wins that it is hard to see how anyone could see differently.
I understand that point. I had kov in kov/ward 1, I had fury over wilder and I had Canelo over Jacobs. But if someone disagrees with me I didn’t suggest they scored the fight with a race or nationality bias.

I will say this- if you scored Bradley/manny 1 for Tim then that criticism might be valid.
The Big Dunn is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-06-2019, 08:06 PM #52
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1584 Post(s)
Boxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 73,794.33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
...All of the biggest GGG Fans on this forum basically
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Seems like most of the people saying Jacobs won are people who are his same race actually. I've seen a few GGG fans say it but I think they are almost being tongue in cheek with it.

I like GGG and most others who like him on here seem to have scored it pretty clearly for Canelo, as did I.
Boxing1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:25 PM #53
Undisputed Champion

Boxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Dunn View Post
I understand that point. I had kov in kov/ward 1, I had fury over wilder and I had Canelo over Jacobs. But if someone disagrees with me I didnít suggest they scored the fight with a race or nationality bias.

I will say this- if you scored Bradley/manny 1 for Tim then that criticism might be valid.
I actually never watched that one as I was never a big Manny fan (I like him though) but I will have to check it out since almost everyone calls that a robbery.

The Canelo fight I was referencing was GGG-Canelo 1 btw. I had Canelo 7-5 or 8-4 against Danny (had it 7-4 after 11 so 12th round didn't matter to me...I gave it to Danny).

I think GGG-Canelo 1 was pretty straightforward as GGG had quite a few clear rounds in there, and then there were about 7 close rounds. I just don't see Canelo getting to 6 or 7 rounds there. I'd have to give him every close round just to get there.

But even as a GGG fan, I don't really have a huge issue with Canelo getting decisions over GGG because Canelo is the King of boxing, and if you have to kill the King to win, I have no issue with that.

If Canelo had 10 losses no one would want to watch him and boxing would lose a lot of money as a result. Just the way it is, so he will always get close calls in Vegas.

So yeah I don't even really care about robberies by the judges - it is just unfortunate when the supposedly hardcore fans on here try and co-sign obviously horrible cards/results in some fights.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:47 PM #54
Interim Champion

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Blond Beast is a splendid one to beholdBlond Beast is a splendid one to beholdBlond Beast is a splendid one to beholdBlond Beast is a splendid one to beholdBlond Beast is a splendid one to beholdBlond Beast is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,208.68
Total Points: 20,185.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison boxing View Post
Because he won 7 rounds. Why did canelo win? Cause he moved his head? Lol
Canelos head movement was the most skillful part of the fight in my opinion. Iím not pro Canelo by any means. I also think Mike Tysonís ďfamousĒ head movement was sooo overrated and was mostly seen against cans. It uses up a lot of energy and takes real skill, rarely seen done effectively at the top. Jacobs did enough to make it close I guess. But imagine if he had the same head movement that Canelo has? Itís still defence and it looks flashy like it or not.
Blond Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:58 PM #55
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4116 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 100,011.28
Total Points: 135,752.59
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 
because you're still an idiot - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
I actually never watched that one as I was never a big Manny fan (I like him though) but I will have to check it out since almost everyone calls that a robbery.
Pac/Bradley 1 is a funny one.

The ONLY reason people scored against Bradley was that he was so damn clumsy. Manny's footwork was running Tim ragged and he allegedly jacked his ankle early. He didn't get set until like Round 7, from then on it was a chess match.

Bradley had 5 clear rounds, from my recollection, one early, one mid and three late, and there were two swing rounds, Round 1 and one in the middle. If you gave him both swing rounds that's 7 rounds. I seem to remember one judge having it unacceptably wide which is there was outrage.

Just remember. On here people only score punches. They don't score defense which automatically biases towards aggressive fighters. Manny never once hurt Tim, Tim hurt himself.

It was a VERY close fight. Manny had trouble with the style.
revelated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:11 PM #56
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Pac/Bradley 1 is a funny one.

The ONLY reason people scored against Bradley was that he was so damn clumsy. Manny's footwork was running Tim ragged and he allegedly jacked his ankle early. He didn't get set until like Round 7, from then on it was a chess match.

Bradley had 5 clear rounds, from my recollection, one early, one mid and three late, and there were two swing rounds, Round 1 and one in the middle. If you gave him both swing rounds that's 7 rounds. I seem to remember one judge having it unacceptably wide which is there was outrage.

Just remember. On here people only score punches. They don't score defense which automatically biases towards aggressive fighters. Manny never once hurt Tim, Tim hurt himself.

It was a VERY close fight. Manny had trouble with the style.
Thanks for the post - I remember watching Horn/Pac and had no issue with Horn winning. You could argue he was allowed to get a little too rough with Manny but as far as who was scoring, I thought Horn was definitely in the fight and if I had to pick a winner I think I had him ahead. So I have always been curious about the Bradley/Pac score since a lot of people have Horn/Pac as a robbery, and I don't.

I will say that I don't really care about 'defense' - if I land 100 punches on you but miss 100, and you land 5 out of 6 on me, well I'm winning. It's nice to see a good defensive fighter but the game is hit and not get hit - and you still have to do some landing on your opponent to win.

Lara is probably my 2nd favorite fighter of this era (behind GGG) so I love a guy that can box and move and hit and not get hit. But in general I favor the guy who is bringing the fight and landing more punches. If one guy isn't coming forward you can't even have a fight, ya know.

As I hinted at with Lara though, I can still score a lot of fights and rounds for the 'defensive guy' I just think you still need to be landing on your opponent a lot. For the record I had Lara up 5-3 on Canelo then I felt Lara kept his same level and Canelo raised his and won 7-5. But I had Lara beating Hurd 7-5.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:12 PM #57
Interim Champion

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
JimmyValmer is infamous around these partsJimmyValmer is infamous around these partsJimmyValmer is infamous around these partsJimmyValmer is infamous around these partsJimmyValmer is infamous around these partsJimmyValmer is infamous around these partsJimmyValmer is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,208.68
Total Points: 45,801.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison boxing View Post
Because he won 7 rounds. Why did canelo win? Cause he moved his head? Lol
Hahaha youíre a fŁcking idiot
JimmyValmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:53 PM #58
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4116 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 100,011.28
Total Points: 135,752.59
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 
because you're still an idiot - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Thanks for the post - I remember watching Horn/Pac and had no issue with Horn winning. You could argue he was allowed to get a little too rough with Manny but as far as who was scoring, I thought Horn was definitely in the fight and if I had to pick a winner I think I had him ahead. So I have always been curious about the Bradley/Pac score since a lot of people have Horn/Pac as a robbery, and I don't.

I will say that I don't really care about 'defense' - if I land 100 punches on you but miss 100, and you land 5 out of 6 on me, well I'm winning. It's nice to see a good defensive fighter but the game is hit and not get hit - and you still have to do some landing on your opponent to win.

Lara is probably my 2nd favorite fighter of this era (behind GGG) so I love a guy that can box and move and hit and not get hit. But in general I favor the guy who is bringing the fight and landing more punches. If one guy isn't coming forward you can't even have a fight, ya know.

As I hinted at with Lara though, I can still score a lot of fights and rounds for the 'defensive guy' I just think you still need to be landing on your opponent a lot. For the record I had Lara up 5-3 on Canelo then I felt Lara kept his same level and Canelo raised his and won 7-5. But I had Lara beating Hurd 7-5.
On the bold part. You're saying a 50% connect beats an 83% connect simply due to more punches thrown.

Because if that's true, you'll likely see Pac/Bradley as a robbery.

Manny Pacquiao in general always is more active than his opponent, even when his accuracy is garbage. So you'll see him winging and flailing punches, racking up numbers despite hardly landing, vs. Tim's much lower but accurate numbers, and score for Manny. I'm just warning you.
revelated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:00 PM #59
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
On the bold part. You're saying a 50% connect beats an 83% connect simply due to more punches thrown.

Because if that's true, you'll likely see Pac/Bradley as a robbery.

Manny Pacquiao in general always is more active than his opponent, even when his accuracy is garbage. So you'll see him winging and flailing punches, racking up numbers despite hardly landing, vs. Tim's much lower but accurate numbers, and score for Manny. I'm just warning you.
I just feel it is about damage and landing scoring punches, and also a general feel for who is winning the round. If you land 5/5 on someone and he lands 6/30 on you I imagine I would give that round to you pretty easily. I'm sure there are a lot of those types of rounds with Lara where I felt it was a clear round for him even if he didn't win the punch count.

I guess I'll have to watch it and if I do I will let you know what I think. I will also say though that the punch stats from Horn/Pac favored Pac pretty heavily, but they did not reflect what I saw. I felt they gave Pac a lot more punches and Horn not enough imo.

In my head I score it and tally punches and a lot/most of the time Compubox backs up the punch numbers...but not always...I'll have to check it out when I get some time. Thanks for your breakdown - from what I can gather from everything I imagine I will have it pretty close but we will see.

Last edited by Boxing1013; 05-06-2019 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:48 PM #60
Da Real HMIC

Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Ric Flair Drip has a reputation beyond reputeRic Flair Drip has a reputation beyond reputeRic Flair Drip has a reputation beyond reputeRic Flair Drip has a reputation beyond reputeRic Flair Drip has a reputation beyond reputeRic Flair Drip has a reputation beyond reputeRic Flair Drip has a reputation beyond reputeRic Flair Drip has a reputation beyond reputeRic Flair Drip has a reputation beyond reputeRic Flair Drip has a reputation beyond reputeRic Flair Drip has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,202.66
Total Points: 67,576.52
Congrats on 10k mate.. - iJohn Locke No Message - oscar_angels091 Celtic Pride - VERMIN thanks for voting for me - Cleto_Reyes to my homie - Tha_Greatest 
you themod homie, you in control of the hispanic lounge, lol!!!!!!!, true story, lol - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Congrats to supermod - jazluvr Thanks for all the help man - BulgariasFinest Hola amor &lt;3 :kiss: - Bossy niners lakers, trojans - Tha_Greatest for being good sport in the, &quot;start rumors&quot; thread - jose830 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 15,000 posteos! :beerchug: - jose830 100 Green Karma. - Fists_of_Fury ran out of greens - UTEP i said i wanted it wrapped in bacon ese - Tago Nang Tago 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - led Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - led Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - led AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Wall $treeter 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - (ROY) Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigdlb12 

Quote:
Man from reading these posts it is really sad to see a lot of people who claim to be boxing fans, have no idea how to score fights.

Jacobs range of rounds won seems pretty clearly to be in the 4-6 range. Canelo in the 6-8 range. Canelo dictated the fight, Danny was on the back foot the entire fight and did not look comfortable or in control at all. He always looked like he was losing, especially after the first few rounds - every time I looked at him in the later rounds he looked like a man who was surviving. To take rounds as the defensive boxer/mover you have to be a lot more clinical than Danny was.

That being said he fought well at times, and there were quite a few close rounds. But he was not really doing enough to really take those rounds consistently.

There was only one guy who could have won the fight and that was Canelo. To find 6 rounds for Danny you have to really be looking for rounds for him. I think it's possible but as the defensive fighter you have to be clinical to really get rounds. Danny wasn't. To find 9 rounds for Canelo you have to be really reaching. This was a pretty clear Canelo win, 7-5 or 8-4. Danny showed up but he didn't show really close to enough to win.
It's not that they don't know it's that they haters and can't get passed the butthurt.................
Ric Flair Drip is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
jacobs, poll:, record, thinks, why..., won?