Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2019, 09:55 AM #71
Fabes88 Fabes88 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,172
Quoted: 1776 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
Fabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 35,981.64
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 37,202.43
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DramaShow- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DramaShow- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DramaShow- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
clear duck. not saying mikey is afraid of loma but the risk is there and losing to loma is much worst than losing to spence. same path khan is going when he fought crawford instead of brook.
YES. This is the truth. As a Garcia fan I have no problem admitting it but a lot of people will act wilfully ignorant.

“How is it ducking when he took on the bigger challenge”

He’s basically ducking expectation. Everyone expected him to lose against Spence. He went into that fight looking for a participation medal “oh at least he stepped up and fought Spence and he lasted 12 rounds” he’s not getting that from me at all.

If he was to fight loma he would’ve been expected to win that’s the reason he went in a different direction. Nothing to do with arum. I honestly think arum would have no problem putting loma in with Mikey because he thinks loma will beat him.
Fabes88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-08-2019, 09:57 AM #72
Boksfan Boksfan is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 8,859
Quoted: 3382 Post(s)
Rep Power: 30
Boksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 53,090.04
Bank: 1,144.15
Total Points: 54,234.19
lol - denium lol - denium Imagine it's your dad - denium lol - denium lol - denium 
Dildo Queen - denium F4gg0t - Paddy Mashdown F4gg0t - Paddy Mashdown F4gg0t - Paddy Mashdown Your mum is a fat slag. - Paddy Mashdown 
So you can pretend it's Anthony Joshua's bell end. - ShoulderRoll Here's another for your collection ;) - Boxing Goat This is the medal for the biggest idiot on Boxingscene - Boxing Goat Have a brew, sir. Good post! - Tony Trick-Pony You are homo 4 Hearn - !a! 
You are homo 4 Hearn - !a! You are homo 4 Hearn - !a! You are homo 4 Hearn - !a! for your collection - Sn1 For the collection - SuperHanz 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - __________ Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - __________ Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - __________ Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - __________ Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - __________ 
Default

Garcia ducked Loma, vacated belt like Clenelo vacated the same belt to duck Golovkin. Garcia and Clenelo must be a duck family.
Boksfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:03 AM #73
Socialtwinkie Socialtwinkie is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: America
Posts: 594
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Socialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud of
Points: 18,775.93
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 20,033.81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFOKING View Post
He would have had a much better showing against Lomachenko than he did against Spence. In fact, after the Linares and Pedraza fights, more fans actually favored Garcia in that match up. Lomachenko got touched up in both those fights and looked far from invincible. You are letting the Crolla win get to your head. Go back and check the comments after the Linares and Pedraza fights. Garcia with his size and style would have a very solid shot against Lomachenko.
He MIGHT. The problem with using Pedraza however is that Lomachenko was coming off injury and Pedraza just came to surivive against Lomachenko. Pedraza is also taller and longer than Mikey so I dont understand your comparison. Their styles they are also different. Pedraza sat on the outside the entire fight using his superior reach and taking no chances. I doubt that will be the game plan Mikey uses.

Mikey is a come forward pressure fighter. Going into the Spence fight I had questions about how Mikey would do fighting off the back foot because I didnt believe for one second that he would be able to apply "his style". If he cant force you to fight on your back foot hes screwed.

And that's the exact kind if fighter Lomachenko likes to fight. Lomachenko himself said he likes guys who come forward because they're easier more exciting. The truth to that is because like I said above. Come forward pressure fighters usually dont know how to fight off their back foot and Lomachenko kills them for it.

Mikey got obliterated by a south paw, with WAY better speed, footwork, and timing. That's literally Lomachenko in a nutshell minus the size. Spence didnt even use his size to win. As much "weakness" you think Lomachenko showed Mikey showed a lot more. Mikey has a punchers chance.

Lomachneko has now fought 3 guys who are just as big as Mikey. I doubt his size comes into play as much as people beleive. And if Mikey cant use his size to win how exactly is he gonna win?

Ask me like one year ago who would win and I would have slightly leaned Lomachenko. Now it's easy Lomachenko by UD or quit.

Like honestly. How can Mikey win if it's not a punchers chance? His only chance is to use his size. But how?
Socialtwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:07 AM #74
KTFOKING KTFOKING is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7,360
Quoted: 4678 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
KTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 172,192.13
Bank: 1,270.49
Total Points: 173,462.62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
He MIGHT. The problem with using Pedraza however is that Lomachenko was coming off injury and Pedraza just came to surivive against Lomachenko. Pedraza is also taller and longer than Mikey so I dont understand your comparison. Their styles they are also different. Pedraza sat on the outside the entire fight using his superior reach and taking no chances. I doubt that will be the game plan Mikey uses.

Mikey is a come forward pressure fighter. Going into the Spence fight I had questions about how Mikey would do fighting off the back foot because I didnt believe for one second that he would be able to apply "his style". If he cant force you to fight on your back foot hes screwed.

And that's the exact kind if fighter Lomachenko likes to fight. Lomachenko himself said he likes guys who come forward because they're easier more exciting. The truth to that is because like I said above. Come forward pressure fighters usually dont know how to fight off their back foot and Lomachenko kills them for it.

Mikey got obliterated by a south paw, with WAY better speed, footwork, and timing. That's literally Lomachenko in a nutshell minus the size. Spence didnt even use his size to win. As much "weakness" you think Lomachenko showed Mikey showed a lot more. Mikey has a punchers chance.

Lomachneko has now fought 3 guys who are just as big as Mikey. I doubt his size comes into play as much as people beleive. And if Mikey cant use his size to win how exactly is he gonna win?

Ask me like one year ago who would win and I would have slightly leaned Lomachenko. Now it's easy Lomachenko by UD or quit.

Like honestly. How can Mikey win if it's not a punchers chance? His only chance is to use his size. But how?
That wouldn't be his only chance. Mikey has great balance and a jab would obviously need to implement that to combat for Lomachenko's movement. It would have been a tough fight for both of them, make no mistake.

Spence is much bigger than Lomachenko so you can't compare how Mikey looked against him to how he would do against Lomachenko. Sure, Lomachenko would have the speed advantage, but he wouldn't be able to pick Mikey apart from distance like Spence was able to.

But either way, that is a whole another discussion. The main thing is, in no way, shape or form was this fight ever discussed by the two teams. The timetables between the two never fully worked out and Mikey from the start had his eyes on the Spence fight. This wasn't no duck.
KTFOKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:18 AM #75
EL_GRINGO EL_GRINGO is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,279
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
EL_GRINGO has a reputation beyond reputeEL_GRINGO has a reputation beyond reputeEL_GRINGO has a reputation beyond reputeEL_GRINGO has a reputation beyond reputeEL_GRINGO has a reputation beyond reputeEL_GRINGO has a reputation beyond reputeEL_GRINGO has a reputation beyond reputeEL_GRINGO has a reputation beyond reputeEL_GRINGO has a reputation beyond reputeEL_GRINGO has a reputation beyond reputeEL_GRINGO has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 45,544.04
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 46,801.92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFOKING View Post
LOL, right? Like this fight wasn't even discussed ONCE by Arum or anyone from Mikey's team. Never brought into negotiations or any phone call made, but it was a blatant duck?

Then you have this other thread going on that Crawford is ducking all the top WWs by re-signing with TR?

This board is definitely something else.
What are you on about?
Robert Garcia stated in interviews Bob Arum called him and they were talking about that fight
EL_GRINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:24 AM #76
KTFOKING KTFOKING is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7,360
Quoted: 4678 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
KTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 172,192.13
Bank: 1,270.49
Total Points: 173,462.62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
What are you on about?
Robert Garcia stated in interviews Bob Arum called him and they were talking about that fight
Called him before or after Mikey was set to face Spence?

And when exactly would that have been considering Lomachenko was set to face the winner of Beltran/Pedraza in December and those two fought in August? By September, Spence/Garcia were already in talks of fighting and then the fight got officially announced in November.
KTFOKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:26 AM #77
Socialtwinkie Socialtwinkie is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: America
Posts: 594
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Socialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud ofSocialtwinkie has much to be proud of
Points: 18,775.93
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 20,033.81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFOKING View Post
That wouldn't be his only chance. Mikey has great balance and a jab would obviously need to implement that to combat for Lomachenko's movement. It would have been a tough fight for both of them, make no mistake.

Spence is much bigger than Lomachenko so you can't compare how Mikey looked against him to how he would do against Lomachenko. Sure, Lomachenko would have the speed advantage, but he wouldn't be able to pick Mikey apart from distance like Spence was able to.

But either way, that is a whole another discussion. The main thing is, in no way, shape or form was this fight ever discussed by the two teams. The timetables between the two never fully worked out and Mikey from the start had his eyes on the Spence fight. This wasn't no duck.
Mikey never had any intention of fighting Lomachenko and still doesnt.

Mikey had eyes on Spence because he didnt want to look Lomachenkos way. It's no different than what is about to happen with Tank Davis. What's tank gonna do? Skip 135 completely?

Those guys are business men. Lomachenko is by far a bigger risk to them. Like I said above. If Mikey would have lost to Lomachenko it would have severely hurt his rankings and standing. It would be impossible for him to claim the **** does. But fighting Spence and losing? That's a win/win. Lose and that's what people expect. Win and win it all.

Again. I dont know if Mikey ducked Lomachenko because he scared of him but I know he ducked him because if the financial ramifications. Its the same reason Tank is ducking Lomachenko.

Like honestly. Who really picked Mikey to beat Spence? You would have to be one dumb mother ****er or have an agenda to think so.
Socialtwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:30 AM #78
KTFOKING KTFOKING is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7,360
Quoted: 4678 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
KTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 172,192.13
Bank: 1,270.49
Total Points: 173,462.62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
Mikey never had any intention of fighting Lomachenko and still doesnt.

Mikey had eyes on Spence because he didnt want to look Lomachenkos way. It's no different than what is about to happen with Tank Davis. What's tank gonna do? Skip 135 completely?

Those guys are business men. Lomachenko is by far a bigger risk to them. Like I said above. If Mikey would have lost to Lomachenko it would have severely hurt his rankings and standing. It would be impossible for him to claim the **** does. But fighting Spence and losing? That's a win/win. Lose and that's what people expect. Win and win it all.

Again. I dont know if Mikey ducked Lomachenko because he scared of him but I know he ducked him because if the financial ramifications. Its the same reason Tank is ducking Lomachenko.

Like honestly. Who really picked Mikey to beat Spence? You would have to be one dumb mother ****er or have an agenda to think so.
Plenty of people picked Mikey over Spence, and the odds on the fight were just 4 to 1, so not like he was a crazy underdog or anything. Actually, it may have been closer to 3 to 1, I don't remember.

Mikey was talking about Spence after the Peterson fight in January, far before Lomachenko had made his LW debut. And when he did make his LW debut, it's not like Lomachenko didn't show any vulnerabilities. That was a even fight on the cards and Lomachenko had hit the deck. He looked far from a killer in that fight. And then shortly after, he already had a fight lined up in December against the winner of Pedraza/Beltran.

Sorry, but at no point was Mikey in their plans for 2018 or even early 2019. Mikey did what he had to do, and they did what they had to do. It is laughable to even say Mikey ducked Lomachenko when the possibility of the two to fight didn't really start until AFTER the Spence fight was signed.
KTFOKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:35 PM #79
yankees7448 yankees7448 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,399
Quoted: 1668 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
yankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 18,158.30
Bank: 1,202.66
Total Points: 19,360.96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFOKING View Post
Apparently it was a lose-lose situation since now he has dropped some in the P4P rankings and isn't seen as good as he was before the fight. Why is that then?
Unless your argument is that people shouldn't go down in rankings when they lose I don't see the point. Going down a rank or two in some people's p4p rankings ain't ****. Its not going to stop him from getting big money and big fights. Its not going to stop people from ranking him #1 at 140 if he decides to go down there which is where I believe he plans to go.

Quote:
Find excuses? He was calling for Spence since January of 2018 when he fought Peterson. Lomachenko was not even a LW at that time. The one fight Lomachenko had at 135 was against Linares and he looked far from amazing that fight. No one at that time was saying Mikey is avoiding Lomachenko to fight a monster in Spence.
Yea and Lomachenko was about to fight at 135 for the second time when Garcia officially ran away. If Garcia really wanted Loma he could have stayed. He could have stayed at 135 because he and Loma were already cleaning out the division between them. But he chose to cash out instead. We'll never see that fight and its all because Mikey didn't want to do it.
yankees7448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:35 PM #80
yankees7448 yankees7448 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,399
Quoted: 1668 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
yankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 18,158.30
Bank: 1,202.66
Total Points: 19,360.96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPopescu View Post
... OK, OK... Mikey lost... and just where is he at, right now?... is he on top of 140 division?... is he a 'stepping stone" in the 147 division?... tell me...
I am pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that he'd be going to 140 and if so he'd be the default number 1 guy there.
yankees7448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
ducking, garcia, lomachenko

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 AM.