Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Teofimo Lopez be a bigger star than Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Teofimo Lopez be a bigger star than Floyd Mayweather?

I really think he could. Like Floyd he has special talent and charisma and knows how to get people talking. The reaction to him "disrespecting" Magdaleno in his post fight celebration proved that. However unlike Floyd he actually goes out of his way to entertain inside the ring and his style is a magnet for casual fans. Casuals love to watch a fighter who brings the violence and can lay someone out unconscious, just like Mike Tyson back in the day. The sky is truly the limit for this guy.

no he wont be.but he will be fun to watch while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
      no he wont be.but he will be fun to watch while it lasts.
      What do you mean lasts? Teofimo isn't some hype job.

Comment

No.

Not even close IMO. I think he could be big with his personality and fan friendly style. But he won’t be that big.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
          No.

Not even close IMO. I think he could be big with his personality and fan friendly style. But he won’t be that big.
          Why do you say that? Could have anybody predicted that Floyd would have become as big as he did when he was 21? If Teofimo keeps winning like he's been doing he could be massive.

Comment

I can’t envisage anyone active being able to reach floyds level

Comment

Bigger than Canelo since he speaks English or the Mikey-Danny Garcia type.

Some where there.

Comment

He would have to move up 135 is not a money division

Comment

Hell no. But he could be a Cotto or something.

Comment

He's could be but no one can be certain at this point. Mayweather has a personality that people either loved him or hated him. The win over De La Hoya, talking to the HBO crew while he was fighting, the money, the cars, all that contributed to his celebrity status. The one thing that's different with Mayweather then and boxers like Lopez and Lomachenko to a lesser extent is the latter 2 seem like they're trying to get attention. Mayweather didn't seem like he was trying even though he was. Pacquiao also got a lot of attention without doing anything crazy. If Lopez is a compelling personality he can get there. If he's not, nothing he does will get him to Mayweather's status.

Comment

Working...
                    X