No announcement yet.

One tweet wiped out $1.3 billion of Snapchat's market value

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Agree. I don't see Netflix going anywhere unless they f#ck up big somewhere along the way. I don't follow stock sh^t anymore, but I'd have trouble believing its still not a long term buy.
    Disney may eat Netflix lunch because they own Hulu and own a lot the content that people consume. They can decline to make it available to Netflix. Disney owns an awful lot of stuff and can make that happen.

All they have to do is not make it available on Netflix. Apparently they are coming out with something with ALL of the content they OWN, and it's cheaper than Netflix.

I would worry about Netflix.
    Below is a link to a Forbes article about it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephen.../#158f732d75c4
    Last edited by jreckoning; 05-23-2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Netflix is creating so much of their own content right now it'll be interesting to see what goes down. But idk that Netflix is doomed or anything like all these articles are suggesting as of late, but yea losing content isn't going to be a good thing obviously.

Randomly interesting to see this bump cuz when I said what I said vs today Netflix is up $70ish/23% & was up $120ish at one point.
      Netflix is creating content but only way possible is loading up on debt. That’s the major problem, that and the fact that is has an astronomically high valuation similar to the tech boom/crash in early 2000s.

They are trading at 125x earnings, which is absolutely ridiculous especially when growth is stalling and the big boys are rolling out streaming.

Netflix stock will take a dramatic hit by end of year, early next year as competitors go live with their own streaming platforms and yank all their content.

Disney—- like sports with ESPN+, tv with Hulu, plus every marvel, Star Wars, Simpsons, Disney movie, etc under Disney+

AT&T- owns hbo, buggs bunny, Superman, Batman, all of turner video library which is ****ing massive

Comcast- nbc and a host of tv channels

Amazon- bundles it with free shipping, plus is about to
      have live sports.

CBS/Viacom- showtime, cbs, and a host of other tv channels

Apple- not sure this will be a success, but they have plenty of cash to buy whatever they want

Netflix can’t afford live sports which will be their downfall. Live sports = huge $$$$$ ad revenue, which you can’t get anymore from normal programming

Disney by far is the king of content and also has multiple revenue streams, theme parks, movies, radio, websites, podcasts, tv, etc, etc.

It’s a zero sum game for Netflix. They constantly have to create new content, and only way to do it is to keep borrowing and loading up on debt.

Mark my words, 20 years from there will be memes “you old enough to remember “Netflix n chill””

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Disney may eat Netflix lunch because they own Hulu and own a lot the content that people consume. They can decline to make it available to Netflix. Disney owns an awful lot of stuff and can make that happen.

All they have to do is not make it available on Netflix. Apparently they are coming out with something with ALL of the content they OWN, and it's cheaper than Netflix.

Disney+ is what it’s called, 6.99 a month.

Plus you can bundle it with Hulu and ESPN+ and get a discount

Comment

That sux I get Netflix free through TMobile. Hope it doesn't go to crap.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
            That sux I get Netflix free through TMobile. Hope it doesn't go to crap.
            Whats $7 ?

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

Below is a link to a Forbes article about it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephen.../#158f732d75c4
              First off why I got mfers quoting a post from Feb 2018 so much today lol?

This Disney stuff has been known for a couple years now. There isn't any surprise here. Thats why Netflix has been spending so much money creating their own content. Cuz they knew this was coming.

And I'll take the over on Netflix being outta business in 175 days. I remember when mfers were saying Netflix was f#cked when Blockbuster got into the online sh^t. Last I looked my local blockbuster was still a abandoned building & my blockbuster account isn't letting me rent movies anymore for some reason.

And don't get it twisted I don't think Disney's service is gonna fail cuz I suspect it'd be hard for them to f#ck up their own move with their catalog, but I don't think its doomsday for Netflix quite yet either. I think Disney & Netflix can co-exist although I do think Netflix will need to pivot more & they have likely already anticipated that & are working on it.

Comment

Netflix is creating so much of their own content right now it'll be interesting to see what goes down. But idk that Netflix is doomed or anything like all these articles are suggesting as of late, but yea losing content isn't going to be a good thing obviously.

Randomly interesting to see this bump cuz when I said what I said vs today Netflix is up $70ish/23% & was up $120ish at one point.
                I have to imagine disney is gonna be a major player when their streaming service gets up and running. Someone is gonna lose market share. I don't know if I want to pay for 2 streaming services.

Comment

First off why I got mfers quoting a post from Feb 2018 so much today lol?

This Disney stuff has been known for a couple years now. There isn't any surprise here. Thats why Netflix has been spending so much money creating their own content. Cuz they knew this was coming.

And I'll take the over on Netflix being outta business in 175 days. I remember when mfers were saying Netflix was f#cked when Blockbuster got into the online sh^t. Last I looked my local blockbuster was still a abandoned building & my blockbuster account isn't letting me rent movies anymore for some reason.

And don't get it twisted I don't think Disney's service is gonna fail cuz I suspect it'd be hard for them to f#ck up their own move with their catalog, but I don't think its doomsday for Netflix quite yet either. I think Disney & Netflix can co-exist although I do think Netflix will need to pivot more & they have likely already anticipated that & are working on it.
                  LOL. I didn't realize the date of the post. My bad,. I do think Netflix high flying days are over, sooner rather than later It's almost like they flew to high, like Icarus and the sun or whatever myth that was.
                  Last edited by jreckoning; 05-23-2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

disney+ the countdown has begun! 172 Till They Launch and take over!

https://preview.disneyplus.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
                      I have to imagine disney is gonna be a major player when their streaming service gets up and running. Someone is gonna lose market share. I don't know if I want to pay for 2 streaming services.
                      Disney IS a major player & they've been that since the announcement a couple years back or whenever.

But plenty of people are going to be paying for multiple streaming services in the future even if you aren't one of them. Streaming tv is becoming the new broadcast tv sooner or later.

I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix got into more live sh^t like sports soon. And idk if anyone has taken a lead on eSports yet on any platform, but it'd be smart if they looked into that to cuz thats getting huger by the day. Netflix isn't going anywhere. Its got great branding & even if someone where to buy them out I think you keep it moving with Netflix vs absorb them into a bigger company.

Comment

Working...
                      X