No announcement yet.

Google Bans Huawei To Use Their Operating System

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    I am not a fan of the trade war at all, but this was literally the perfect timing to do this, if what you say was the plan.

Obviously. America looking after it's interests and Google looking after it's.

But the trouble I see is how google is so dominate in the mobile phone OS market.

There needs to be more competitors in the Market

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post

So I'll be able to stream the boxing on my phone in UHD whilst in my car while it drive me to work. Nice.

2030 is a long time though, and 5G does a lot of these things as well.

Anything electrical will be connected.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        I'm not sure what's going to happen in August, when the 90 days is up. It's not really Google's decision to make. We will see
        No. i meant that if Google is forbidden from putting its system on Huawei phones that would hurt Google in the long run. They top American companies want to continue doing business with China because it is the second largest and growing economy in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          No. i meant that if Google is forbidden from putting its system on Huawei phones that would hurt Google in the long run. They top American companies want to continue doing business with China because it is the second largest and growing economy in the world.
          Google and China have fought each other for a long time so they aren't really into the $1 from every Chinese person thing other companies have going on.

Google doesn't make that much from China and hasn't historically.

They make more from countries in Western Europe.

Some of the stuff I saw going on would be flat out illegal here and most of the world but I couldn't do or say anything about it.

It's a complicated relationship for sure.
          Last edited by jreckoning; 05-21-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
            Bu bu but Biden said "China is not competition for the United States".

Comment

Google and China have fought each other for a long time so they aren't really into the $1 from every Chinese person thing other companies have going on.

Google doesn't make that much from China and hasn't historically.

They make more from countries in Western Europe.

Some of the stuff I saw going on would be flat out illegal here and most of the world but I couldn't do or say anything about it.

It's a complicated relationship for sure.
              Yeah but Google would surely want to be on the second largest phone companies phones.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                Bu bu but Biden said "China is not competition for the United States".
                Huawei do use a lot of America parts.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Yeah but Google would surely want to be on the second largest phone companies phones.
                  They don't care that much as China can block whatever they want whenever they want, which includes the tracking that Google needs to make money.

As I said, China isn't a big thing for Google and part of the reason is China has competing products that almost all of China uses (Baidu the search engine would be the best example). Those are the normal google money makers but they don't make money in China. Android is a way to get Google products and search everywhere but that doesn't work well there when the government restricts it (essentially restricting commerce). Android on the phone isn't in itself a great money maker, think of it as the pipes transporting the water, oil, whatever.

The big problem is China can and does restrict whatever they want. To work around those restrictions isn't worth it right now. It hasn't been yet.
                  With a government change anything is possible but I think the CCP is probably gonna be around a while.and they are going to help internal competitors as much as they can and definitely not help Google or even give Google a fair playing field.
                  Last edited by jreckoning; 05-21-2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

They don't care that much as China can block whatever they want whenever they want, which includes the tracking that Google needs to make money.

As I said, China isn't a big thing for Google and part of the reason is China has competing products that almost all of China uses (Baidu the search engine would be the best example). Those are the normal google money makers but they don't make money in China. Android is a way to get Google products and search everywhere but that doesn't work well there when the government restricts it (essentially restricting commerce). Android on the phone isn't in itself a great money maker, think of it as the pipes transporting the water, oil, whatever.

The big problem is China can and does restrict whatever they want. To work around those restrictions isn't worth it right now. It hasn't been yet.
                    With a government change anything is possible but I think the CCP is probably gonna be around a while.and they are going to help internal competitors as much as they can and definitely not help Google or even give Google a fair playing field.
                    i see.........

Comment

Article goes into the possibility of Intel, Qualcom, and Google joining the US ban on Huawei;
                      https://seekingalpha.com/article/426...ty-trumps-risk

Comment

Working...
                      X