No announcement yet.

Now is the perfect time to make Canelo vs. Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I don’t want to see another Spence/Garcia. Let Spence sort out 147.
    Exactly anything other than this is just stupid.

Comment

Canelo would bully Spence from pilar to post all night... he would stop Spence and that’s not good for Spence because he is still young. Maybe later down the road.

Comment

It would be a good fight, but I would prefer Canelo and Spence try to fully unify their divisions before starting to fight the other champs from nearby weight classes.

Comment

Only Canelo fans want this next. Yeah jump up to 160 and give Canelo all the advantages. So everyone can shyt on Canelo for fighting a blown up 147lber. Then yall can complain about him getting no credit.

I actually like non-controversial fights ya know.......

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            No, not until Spence fights Crawford. After that fight and if he wins? Then by all means make the Canelo fight. But he has unfinished business at 147 and needs to fight Crawford before he even looks at a fight vs say a Hurd or Canelo.
            Agreed.

Spence vs Canelo at 160 pounds in 2022.

August 2019: Porter

March 2020: Thurman/Pac winner

August 2020: Crawford.

March 2021: Hurd at 154

August 2021: Mungia at 160

January 2022: Tune up at 160

May 2022: Canelo at 160

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              I don’t want to see another Spence/Garcia. Let Spence sort out 147.
              Exactly. Canelo Smokes Spence

Comment

Yeah that fight would do great numbers. I don't think Jerry can risk using Cowboys Stadium for this fight in September because all the crying from Canelo fans when Spence beats him would flood the stadium during football season and cost Jerry significant money.

Comment

Definitely not the best time.

Despite the 168 move & the talk of more moves at 168 + talk of Kov at 175 I think Canelo is gonna be a 160 fighter the rest of his days primarily not unlike Floyd was a 147 fighter even with his moves higher a time or two.

So there is no rush to make this fight cuz the crazy thing is Spence is f#cking older than Canelo & obviously has a fraction of the name & drawing power of Canelo.

That said Spence is at a crossroads in his career with making moves that could drastically improve his standing in the game & if he can become the clear man at 147 (with or w/o a Bud fight cuz platform wars is a legit thing) & then win a belt at 154 a Spence vs Canelo fight in a couple years could be a legit super fight.

Right now its merely a hardcore fan thing cuz Spence isn't the name Canelo is. In a couple years Spence might be more of a name to casuals & Spence vs Canelo would be some monster movie sh^t.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Sharp View Post
                    Moronic idea. A bigger elite fighter will always beat an elite smaller fighter.
                    True if you don’t count Duran Leonard 1.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                      No. Spence need to finish what he started at 147. And Canelo should finish what he started at 160. Besides Canelo won't get credit. NEXT...
                      Nah. Spence and GGG both need to move up already.

Comment

Working...
                      X