Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes fans think either Charlo beats Canelo or GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes fans think either Charlo beats Canelo or GGG?

I was looking at boxrec to go over both guy's resumes and I couldn't find an elite boxer on there. What seriously makes people think they can beat either? I don't get the hype with the Charlo's. Have they gotten better over the years? Yes but they have no signature win under their resume and have been looking good against C+ fighters. What makes people think they can beat either Canelo or GGG? I seriously don't get it.

mayorga had no resume, knocked out the lineal welterweight champion of the world. styles make fights, not resumes.

charlo is big, strong, and hungry

canelo gotta fight or give up the wbc strap for the 2nd time in his career

Comment

Anything can happen in boxing.
      Charlos are a dangerous opponent for anyone.

Comment

I don't see anything that makes me believe this.

I wanna see them in with a Suldeki or Lemuiex, korobov should actually be a decent test--if he's been training.

I feel like the PBC fighters are just kinda getting screwed right now with the rise of DAZN. I mean, who is actually a realistic opponent for Charlo? That's any good right now. Slim pickens, and the guy really needs a big fight.

No one really knows who the charlos are, they need to fight more.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
          I was looking at boxrec to go over both guy's resumes and I couldn't find an elite boxer on there. What seriously makes people think they can beat either? I don't get the hype with the Charlo's. Have they gotten better over the years? Yes but they have no signature win under their resume and have been looking good against C+ fighters. What makes people think they can beat either Canelo or GGG? I seriously don't get it.
          Nothing, but they have been hot prospects for a good while, and its time they get their shot.

Comment

I like the Charlos but they need to fight some real opponents for sure. We won't know how special they are until they fight some top level guys. I became a fan of Jermall after J-Rock. That was one sweet knockout but then again, I don't know that J-Rock has done much in his career either. So yeah, it's time to step up if they're going to.

Comment

All any boxer needs is an opportunity. What makes me question Jermall the most is that he's never fought a legit banger. Put him in the ring with Jacobs, or even something as stylistically as limited as Lemieux, and we'll see what he's made out of. Korobov is a 35 year old who barely boxed in last 2 (3?) years and was never anywhere close to a puncher. That fight tells me absolutely nothing about Jermall.

I think he's been very carefully matched so far.

Comment

As much as these guys talk, they back it. What makes you think that they can't compete at this weight? they are strong, athletic and are extremely skilled technical boxers. Only thing im wondering is if their punchpower will carry to 160.

Comment

jermall is ignoring every other good fighter in the division because he "wants his shot" yet he's an unknown guy fighting on undercards. ggg when he was waiting for his shot was fighting top guys but of course the charlo fans continued to bash him. more hypocrisy but they dont know the meaning of that word.

jermell is just irrelevant.

Comment

Charlo's could probably out-box or potentially beat Canelo but either one of them would get dominated by GGG.

Comment

Working...
                    X