No announcement yet.

4 year old boy reads 100' s of books daily

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    I never understand why reading a book is seen as some great academic feat yet watching TV isnt.
    Wow... this is just... wow

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Good for the kid..

Hopefully he continues this thru his life.

Education and knowledge are the only things they can’t take away from you in this world.
      I agree and disagree, Ali. They can't take away your knowledge, but i have seen people lose their educational credentials. How many lawyers are disbarred, or doctors/accountants who have their licence revoked also?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        I wish they could have omitted "black" from the description. A simple "adorable and bright young boy" would have sufficed.

Anyway, that's great. I hope the young bright boy can inspire other young boys to care about reading and becoming educated.
        No. Why you have a problem with black being used?

Comment

this is amazing, news worthy thing.

the kid just browsing through toddler books....watch the video.
          Last edited by Ogecca MaMa; 12-24-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
            I agree and disagree, Ali. They can't take away your knowledge, but i have seen people lose their educational credentials. How many lawyers are disbarred, or doctors/accountants who have their licence revoked also?
            They can take away your licenses.

Those people didn't lose their education, or didn't become dumber..

a lawyer who gets disbarred still knows what he learned over the years.

knowledge and education are forever with you

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              No. Why you have a problem with black being used?
              Why is it necessary to identity his race? Does it make the story more remarkable because he's black?

I judge people based on merit. If a young kid - black or white, boy or girl - is reading hundreds of books a day or week that's commendable and impressive. Is it more impressive that the kid's black? No, not to me it isn't, because I have the same expectations of blacks than I do for whites. This is how I view the world.

Comment

Why is it necessary to identity his race? Does it make the story more remarkable because he's black?

I judge people based on merit. If a young kid - black or white, boy or girl - is reading hundreds of books a day or week that's commendable and impressive. Is it more impressive that the kid's black? No, not to me it isn't, because I have the same expectations of blacks than I do for whites. This is how I view the world.
                red - The good old I don't see color drivel.

When you take that approach, you fail to take into consideration that for number of years in the past, Blacks had to endure oppression.

So I will soon see you saying: hey, that White kid made it, why can't that Black kid do the same?

Comment

No offense but I tend to get a naive vibe from you but I heard that Boston whites be racist so maybe you are just not able to smell yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    No offense but I tend to get a naive vibe from you but I heard that Boston whites be racist so maybe you are just not able to smell yourself.
                    Yes, we're all racist in Boston. The Boston Globe did a 7 day series on "racism in Boston" telling us how racist we are.

I'm white, I must be racist. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

Yes, we're all racist in Boston. The Boston Globe did a 7 day series on "racism in Boston" telling us how racist we are.

I'm white, I must be racist. Thanks for reminding me.
                      I see you on that path that will only lead to your feelings getting hurt and then you get angry and ban me. So have at it.

Comment

Working...
                      X