• Show
Clear All

Anybody else not really care anymore?

Comment

8-4 UD for GGG.

Comment

Canelo by 1st round KO

Comment

Worth noting, that GG was HEAVILY favored to beat Canelo until around Spring 2017, at which point GG was favored, but not by a wide margin. Now, we have Canelo leading in this poll. Most pros interviewed pick Canelo in a rematch too. Interpret it how you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Worth noting, that GG was HEAVILY favored to beat Canelo until around Spring 2017, at which point GG was favored, but not by a wide margin. Now, we have Canelo leading in this poll. Most pros interviewed pick Canelo in a rematch too. Interpret it how you will.
            What pros?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              What pros?
              Not long after the fight, someone (I think it may have been an official BoxingScene.com thread, though I'm not sure) posted an article where they interviewed a number of pros and trainers, getting their opinion about who would take the rematch. They favored Canelo. Many of them also thought Golovkin should have won the first fight.

If you want specific names, you'll have to look it up. I mostly remembered it because I was surprised to see so many that felt the same way I did (both about the first fight and the rematch).

Comment

I think Canelo showed us Golovkin's ceiling. I don't see much else Golovkin can do. "More relentless" doesn't seem like a possibility as he's not going to get faster or stronger. Slow and steady (preserving his stamina) is the smartest thing he did in that fight. Sacrificing that would be a big mistake, IMO. He's can't go all-in on Canelo like he's done with the scrubs he's fought in the past. He's got to play it smart.
                I don't think he wins a chess match type though, he needs to be pressing the action forcing Canelo to move and exhaust energy. When you look at the first fight, GGG had his most success really putting his foot down on the pedal in the middle rounds, manoeuvring and forcing Canelo around the ring through relentless yet educated pressure. I feel GGG almost holding back and taking the "slow and steady" approach was somewhat detrimental as it allowed Canelo to gain more control over the pace of the fight. One of the reason's Canelo was able to have a lot of success in the later rounds was because he hadn't exhausted all that much energy in the earlier part of the fight, he still retained his hand speed, foot speed, lateral movement that allowed him to pot shot and counter GGG very effectively.

I feel both guys left the door ajar in the first fight neither really took that risk or went "all in" to actually win the fight clearly, they were more content to hope the judges saw it their way. I feel the owness is on GGG to take that risk and make it his fight. This fight is much more pivotal to GGG's career and legacy than it is to Canelo's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  I actually think both guys could make adjustments. Neither guy is dumb. I just want this fight out of the way so we can get fights made with all these other up and coming guys at middleweight.
                  Same here I want charlo to shine and I want to see murata fight one of the top guys too

Comment

Not long after the fight, someone (I think it may have been an official BoxingScene.com thread, though I'm not sure) posted an article where they interviewed a number of pros and trainers, getting their opinion about who would take the rematch. They favored Canelo. Many of them also thought Golovkin should have won the first fight.

If you want specific names, you'll have to look it up. I mostly remembered it because I was surprised to see so many that felt the same way I did (both about the first fight and the rematch).
                    Ok. I'll try to find it.

Comment

Canelo by late round stoppage by ref intervention or towel thrown if GGG comes out reckless and more aggressive!

Canelo by clear UD if GGG plays it smart while moving forward like in the first fight!

Look at GGG's face at the post fight press conference, it looked like a man that just came from a beating!

Canelo is smarter, sharper, faster, hits hard enough and more dimensions to his game!

He's gonna wanna make a big statement!

Comment

Working...
                      X