Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Andre Ward have lower number of wins by knockouts stoppages compared to GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Andre Ward have lower number of wins by knockouts stoppages compared to GGG?

What I wanted to mainly know was what the cause is for Ward having lesser wins by knockouts / stoppages compared to Gennady Golovkin against similar level of opposition. I wanted to know how much of it had to do with punching power, offensive skills and / or other attributes.

Also, before anyone mentions Andre Ward's stoppage win over Kovalev, that fight was stopped after Ward landed a clear low blow. So that wasn't a 'legitimate' stoppage. I'm only seeking for a discussion about legitimate stoppages / knockouts.
    Because Andre Ward has less punching power compared to Gennady Golovkin
    50.00%
    Because Andre Ward has inferior offensive boxing skills compared to Gennady Golovkin
    4.55%
    Both options 1 and 2 combined
    45.45%

Golovkin has never knocked out anyone as good as chad Dawson and a quit is a too. Sergi quit. So GGG doesn’t have any konjesr those 2

But clearly GGG hits harder for his weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
      Golovkin has never knocked out anyone as good as chad Dawson and a quit is a too. Sergi quit. So GGG doesn’t have any konjesr those 2

But clearly GGG hits harder for his weight class.
      Well how good is Chad Dawson? Is he really better than David Lemieux? If so, how?

As for Sergey quitting. I want to know how exactly he quit? The fight wasn't stopped because he quit. The fight was stopped on a low blow. Therefore, it was an illegitimate stoppage due to the stoppage occurring after an illegal punch landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
        Well how good is Chad Dawson? Is he really better than David Lemieux? If so, how?

As for Sergey quitting. I want to know how exactly he quit? The fight wasn't stopped because he quit. The fight was stopped on a low blow. Therefore, it was an illegitimate stoppage due to the stoppage occurring after an illegal punch landed.
        More belts, better resume. Not really going in to detail because it’s obvious.

Sergi own trainer said he quit. But if we want to get technical, the ref said it was a clean punch and so did the Nevada commission. Clean punch..... KO

Comment

Quality of opposition has something to do with it aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
            More belts, better resume. Not really going in to detail because it’s obvious.

Sergi own trainer said he quit. But if we want to get technical, the ref said it was a clean punch and so did the Nevada commission. Clean punch..... KO
            Well you have to go into details. Otherwise, it's not a substantiated claim. I could just as easily claim that Kell Brook is a better caliber of opponent than Chad Dawson too.

That trainer of Sergey Kovalev is no longer his trainer. They didn't get along very well. So that was a negative thing he said about Kovalev and I'm not surprised that he would say such a thing, due to the negativity between the two.

As for the ref saying it was a clean punch, the referee doesn't make / create / invent the rules of boxing. That's not the referee's job. The ref's job is to simply just enforce the rules of boxing that have already been made by higher authorities. The same applies to the Nevada commission.

According the rules, low blows are illegal and the final punch that Ward landed on Kovalev was a low blow. Therefore, it was an illegal punch and therefore, it was an illegitimate stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              Quality of opposition has something to do with it aswell
              That's why I stated: 'against similar level of opposition'. Both have fought similar level of opposition. Yet, GGG still has more knockouts than Ward against the SAME level of opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                That's why I stated: 'against similar level of opposition'. Both have fought similar level of opposition. Yet, GGG still has more knockouts than Ward against the SAME level of opposition.
                whos comparable on ggg resume to froch, kovalev, abraham, kessler?

Comment

A lot of it has to do with styles. Ward was a roughhouse type fighter, and while his "dirty" tactics won't lead to as many KOs, it will tend to lead to many lopsided decisions if the opponent came cope and overcome the bullying.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ganstaz003;18154369]Well you have to go into details. Otherwise, it's not a substantiated claim. I could just as easily claim that Kell Brook is a better caliber of opponent than Chad Dawson too.

That trainer of Sergey Kovalev is no longer his trainer. They didn't get along very well. So that was a negative thing he said about Kovalev and I'm not surprised that he would say such a thing, due to the negativity between the two.

As for the ref saying it was a clean punch, the referee doesn't make / create / invent the rules of boxing. That's not the referee's job. The ref's job is to simply just enforce the rules of boxing that have already been made by higher authorities. The same applies to the Nevada commission.

According the rules, low blows are illegal and the final punch that Ward landed on Kovalev was a low blow. Therefore, it was an illegal punch and therefore, it was an illegitimate stoppage.[/Q
                    Ok. You’re just being silly. To say Kell has Accomplished what Chad has is ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                    X