No announcement yet.

A theory on HBO boxing's budget cuts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

While the numbers have been in the decline since around the time cable went all digital, HBO has been markedly reserved about spending money on boxing this year. Kims article makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        While the numbers have been in the decline since around the time cable went all digital, HBO has been markedly reserved about spending money on boxing this year. Kims article makes a lot of sense.
        That article makes no sense.

Speculating that HBO will shift the Game of Thrones budget to boxing is one of the most delusional things anyone has ever speculated. It just shows how naive that guy is about the finances of sports TV especially on premium cable.

Comment

About that Bill Simmons show HBO put all that money into...

Sports TV Ratings
          ‏@SportsTVRatings
          Any Given Wednesday sets premiere telecast low viewership:
          https://twitter.com/SportsTVRatings/...85596468776960

Sports TV Ratings ‏@SportsTVRatings
          Sports TV Ratings Retweeted Clay Travis
          If the multi-platform #s for Any Given Wednesday are still holding up I doubt the show is in any danger. But the 1st-telecast #s are awful

Comment

Bill Maher's Real Time show alone is averaging 4.4 million viewers. It almost seemed like HBO boxing is just some bonus or a public service thing like some local news where they don't expect any profit coming out of it.

Comment

Nah, it's cuz Season 7 of GoT will be lit

Comment

The budget cut didn't help me get to see a 2nd season of Vinyl... I loved that show but they cut it...Oh this is about boxing...

Comment

i think it has nothing to do with boxing its because of how much they are spending on shows like west world and game of thrones and how much success those shows are having on subscriptions. they are spending a ton of money on those shows and i just think its resulting directly in boxing

Comment

Working...
                  X