No announcement yet.

Another reason Wilder isn't as popular as past U.S. HW champs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Yes you struck a nerve because I'd gotten accustomed to not having to deal with your stupidity. Now I'm back and have to deal with it all over again. It's frustrating explaining everything to a person who isn't taking their ADD meds.
    What can you possibly explain go to church old head

Comment

PBC/Showtime/Haymon isn't so big of a circle you can't be found out.
      It's a very small circle and I've had to be very careful. I try to deliver the most information I can without compromising any relationships.

But my point is it's stupid to have a conversation about a topic with a person who has skin in the game
      Any skin I have in the game has nothing to do with what was being discussed in this thread.

and can't possibly be objective.
      I've been very objective in this thread. We had a lull of almost 20 years without a popular US heavyweight. Heavyweight boxing in the US has increased in popularity since Wilder came along, not decreased. He's been the first bright spot in a very long time. So I simply find it bizarre that you're blaming Wilder for the lack of popularity when he's helped make heavyweight boxing more popular in the US.

Did you forget what things were like during the reigns of Ruiz, Byrd, Brewster, etc?

It's a waste of my time. Maybe others want to play with you but not me.
      You just don't like that your thread was made to look so silly. You're being salty. That's why you're looking for an escape.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        It's a very small circle and I've had to be very careful. I try to deliver the most information I can without compromising any relationships.

Any skin I have in the game has nothing to do with what was being discussed in this thread.

I've been very objective in this thread. We had a lull of almost 20 years without a popular US heavyweight. Heavyweight boxing in the US has increased in popularity since Wilder came along, not decreased. He's been the first bright spot in a very long time. So I simply find it bizarre that you're blaming Wilder for the lack of popularity when he's helped make heavyweight boxing more popular in the US.

Did you forget what things were like during the reigns of Ruiz, Byrd, Brewster, etc?

You just don't like that your thread was made to look so silly. You're being salty. That's why you're looking for an escape.
        Listen. The topic is Wlder is boring. Name an exciting Wilder fight. We're 40 something posts in and I've gotten 2 fights out of 39. You haven't even named one fight. If he's so exciting you would've spent your cpl of posts talking about his exciting fights. Instead you spend your posts defending PBC because they're your friends. Of course you're gonna defend your friends because that's what friends do. And if you don't defend your friends you're an asshole. Now do you understand why having a discussion about PBC/Haymon/Showtime with you is pointless?

Oh yea, name an exciting Wilder fight.

Comment

Every fight exciting because you seeing the hardest puncher who ever live.

March 3, a man who never been down shall fall upon his knees.

I am the greatest heavyweight boxer of Planet Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
            Wilder needs a promoter. In comparison Anthony Joshua is on TV doing game shows, interviews, climbing cliffs with Bear Grills, doing photo ops in Dubai and generally being all over the place. All I've seen of Wilder is him eating a really hot chip and punching a fan.
            Ok that's funny

He is or was gonna be on a reality tv show doe

Comment

Listen. The topic is Wlder is boring. Name an exciting Wilder fight. We're 40 something posts in and I've gotten 2 fights out of 39. You haven't even named one fight.
              I don't like to argue opinions. He bores you. I have no problem with that. I enjoy heavyweight knockouts, grew up in the 80s obsessed with Tyson, etc and I have enjoyed watching Wilder's career. If you haven't, that's cool. No issue there.

The issue is you blaming his style for his lack of popularity, when the truth is that his style is the reason for his popularity. He's way more popular than Ruiz, Rahman, Byrd, Brewster, Briggs, etc and the reason is because of his style. He brutally knocks people out. That is what most fans enjoy. You're bored. No problem. Watch something else. But your premise -- that his style is why he's not popular, is silly because he's the most popular in decades.

Instead you spend your posts defending PBC because they're your friends. Of course you're gonna defend your friends because that's what friends do. And if you don't defend your friends you're an asshole.
              They're not my friends. If they were my friends, I wouldn't consistently reveal their plans on this site. I have no loyalty to Haymon Boxing and have never worked for Haymon Boxing. I wish them nothing but success, but if I hear about what they have planned, I share it when I can.

Comment

The 3 musketeers trying to justify it again haha

In seriousness the styles are one thing but opponents are another. Until he starts fighting decent opponents why would anyone hold him in any regard. People can say otherwise at the moment but for all we know he is no better than Charles Martin, he could be countered in the same way if he accepts a fight with Joshua. Irrelevant of his ratings now, if after Ortiz he does a combo like Whyte, Pulev, Briggs (should be able to make a higher publicity in America?) and then Joshua it will fly up. If he returns to fighting mr John smith who is ranked 50th by most, but WBC have him 14th at the moment - then of course it won't change.

Comment

Stupid thread

All the guy does is knock people the f.uck out. He literally has a-bombs in his hands and made guys go into seizures.

Now that's not exciting anymore , f.uck Can't win with boxing fans. Bring back the good ol days of John Ruiz that was the golden era. Wilders is the most devastating HW puncher in how long ? Yeah let's complain

Wilders a breath of fresh air for the HW division along with AJ for his popularity and Fury for his personality. He got hammers for fists and he brings a personality outside of the ring.

Comment

I agree. There's nothing pretty to admire while you're waiting for the KO. I can say the same thing about AJ, though. Even when you were watching Tyson and waiting for the KO, there was something to appreciate, his head movement, the punches he landed and one of his most underrated tools: his jab. I could watch the Mitch Green fight over and over and never get bored.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      His ratings have been very strong. Try again.
                      How many PPV has he sold?
                      What are the numbers in terms of ratings?
                      US has 310 Million people right?

Comment

Working...
                      X