No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Lamont Peterson: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Spence needs a big win at Welterweight to be considered within the P4P frame

That, or a big win at 154lbs.

The problem he has, is that 147 is currently pretty weak. Its also unlikely that he will face one of the two recognised talents at the weight, in Crawford, due to promotional difficulties.

He needs Thurman, and a solid start at 154 to put him legitimately as one of the best 5 fighters in world
    147, is not weak at all. It's just ppl are tied up under top rank, has mandatories or just scared of Spence. If they would have an 147 tournament it would be crazy! Sht throw berto in there with Spence next so we can end his career lol

Comment

Division is pretty weak right now, I mean on the highest level, there are only 4 good enough fights for Spence: Porter, Garcia, Crawford, Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
        Division is pretty weak right now, I mean on the highest level, there are only 4 good enough fights for Spence: Porter, Garcia, Crawford, Thurman.
        That's weak to you? Lol How many divisions are stacked where the top guy has more than two credible challengers? I can only think of two more; LHW and MW. The WW division is right there with those two.

If you know more, feel free to enlighten us lol

Comment

Its been the best division since the heavyweight division disappeared so wtf are you talking about?

Comment

Which division has a better line up than that?

Comment

In what way is the welterweight division weak?

You just named 5 top fighters in one division. 5.

Fighters have been flocking to the welterweight division because that's were the big money fights have been for years.

Comment

Spence delivered on Saturday. I knew he would win but I seriously thought this would go the distance. I thought Peterson had too much heart and would have to be stopped in the ring. I wasn't sure Spence had the power to knock out a determined Peterson. Spence took the heart of of one the toughest fighters in the division. Peterson's corner had to stop it because his health was at risk. This wasn't to save him from embarrassment or because he was outclassed. Not all corner retirements are the same.

Comment

Thats bad. Potential good fights for Kovalev in jr. heavyweight: Stevenson, Alvarez, Bivol, Gvozdyk, Beterbiev, Barrera, Joe Smith jr...and all combinations between these guys. 147 is weak, I mean, there are not many guys on championship level.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    Any rational justifications for your argument or are you just spewing out trash for the sake of it?

I’ve bolded what you need to justify

and yes Loma has an argument because he has done more than a close fight with Brook, and Peterson, whose place in the top 10 in the division was debatable
                    Close fight with Brook? Ah....I bet you had Brook winning against GGG and Canelo beating GGG. So....I bet you like Thurman as well. Nothing like being a butt boy to show ignorance in a boxing thread. CASUAL FAN-YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                      Which division has a better line up than that?
                      Well, light heavy is just as pretty, but you have a good point.

Comment

Working...
                      X