Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chael Sonnen ‘bummed’ potential Chuck Liddell fight is now ‘dead issue’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably. And also, they wanted to pay these guys not to fight, rather than let them continue fighting and risk more injuries, possibly permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      I believe he got canned when the new owners took over. The Fertittas love Chuck and he would have been set for life, but the new owners don't care about all that.

I could be wrong, but I think Matt Hughes was another one they let go of.
      They weren't really doing much.

Forrest Griffin was and is one of the few old guard fighters that was actually valuable and does a good job. He and the VP went to gyms all across the World and saw what worked and what didn't and with their research they built the UFC Performance Institute. One of the things, Forrest got involved in.

Comment

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
        He should be more worried about Rampage. Rampage isn't what he use to be but he can still whoop Chaels ass. He'll have a massive size advantage so it will be hard for Chael to do what Mo did.

Hope Rampage can end this decision streak and send him back to reality.
        I don't know man, something is telling me Chael is going to wrestle **** Rampage. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Probably. And also, they wanted to pay these guys not to fight, rather than let them continue fighting and risk more injuries, possibly permanent.
          I think they were afraid guys like Liddell and others would go to Bellator to fight.

Comment

Yeah probably. Aren't the UFC owners losing a lot of guys to Bellator now, because of that s***y deal the previous owners made with Reebok? I hope they don't renew it when that runs out. Why have one sponsor when you can make so much more with as many as you want in Bellator?
            Last edited by Anthony342; 01-06-2018, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
              I don't know man, something is telling me Chael is going to wrestle **** Rampage. Hope I'm wrong.
              Nah Rampage too big. King Mo a bigger and stronger wrestler and he can barely wrestle **** him. ****ing love Rampage since day 1. Too bad he abandoned his vicious slams.

Comment

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
                Nah Rampage too big. King Mo a bigger and stronger wrestler and he can barely wrestle **** him. ****ing love Rampage since day 1. Too bad he abandoned his vicious slams.
                Rampage is probably at an all time, I don't give a **** level though. That means a lot.

Like I said, Chael UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Yeah probably. Aren't the UFC owners losing a lot of guys to Bellator know, because of that s***y deal the previous owners made with Reebok? I hope they don't renew it when that runs out. Why have one sponsor when you can make so much more with as many as you want in Bellator?
                  They lost some solid prime guys as well like Mousasi, Bendo, Rory McDonald, Phil Davis, Ryan Bader. All top contenders.

So it's not just shot and over the hill fighters signing with Bellator.

I hope the UFC doesn't renew that bs Reebok deal. Fighters want to compete with the best, but they aren't getting hit on the head for free.

Comment

Hell yeah. Funny avatar, by the way. Didn't you use to have a Ric Flair and Iron Sheik one? I heard his last appearance on the Opie and Anthony radio show, before the duo was broken up and it was one of the funniest things in radio I've heard. They mentioned Sheik's quote about humbling guys with his 10 inch c**k, so they had him try and show it. Best part was when Jay Mohr called in to mess with him and get him riled up and when he peed himself at the end of the appearance. Also loved when he was on their WNEW show years ago and Anthony started ringing the bell every time he said "Madison Square Garden" or "Champion of the world" which sounded more like "Champwun" when he said it haha. "God bless to all my fans". Also liked when he would call Okerlund "Gene Mean".

Comment

Working...
                    X