Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anthony Joshua a "businessman" like Adonis Stevenson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    AJ fought Klitschko after 18 fights and is making €10m every fight now.

Wilder is scrambling for a million and attention. It's like these dumb yanks don't realize AJ's last fight was his mandatory and he just fought last week. Did you expect him to jump in the ring this week again? How dumb can you be

AJ never called anyone out, why would he do it now? He continuously said he'd like to fight Wilder. He's just showing Wilder who's the boss, and obviously it's not Wilder.

Wilder is desperate, AJ isn't. And it shows.
    Can someone respond to this post please. Especially the bolded. Until real negotiations start, how is anyone ducking anyone? They literally both just had mando's.

ShoulderRoll Redd Foxx larryxxx.

I am more of an AJ fan but anyone who follows my post knows im a pretty fair unbiased poster. I think Hearn is doing his job building interest in the fight. The Whyte demands are nohing to do with sport, purely a bidness move to make the fight bigger. If they didnt want the fight they would simply not talk about him

Comment

I don't even get this stupid thread.
      Beyonte had two years to make a huge name for himself.
      Same with Adonis.
      I don't see the connection with AJ who took risk to take on Wlad, whom Beyonte never thought of fighting.

Comment

nobody is going to make AJ an offer are they?

This fight will happen.

It would be easier to make if yanks actually liked Boxing. The prevailing opinion is that the fight should be made tomorrow and Wilder would fight for free.

Comment

Deontay Wilder needs to maximize his profile, by blasting out Dillian Whyte in the UK! (Deontay Wilder vs Anthony Joshua as a event? Is not as big as Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Kiltschko! Because Deontay Wilder seems to not understand psychologically, how to build a fight! HE NEEDS TO SELF PROMOTE HIMSELF MUCH BETTER!)....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Can someone respond to this post please. Especially the bolded. Until real negotiations start, how is anyone ducking anyone? They literally both just had mando's.

I am more of an AJ fan but anyone who follows my post knows im a pretty fair unbiased poster. I think Hearn is doing his job building interest in the fight. The Whyte demands are nohing to do with sport, purely a bidness move to make the fight bigger. If they didnt want the fight they would simply not talk about him
            I will respond...and FYI, no one follows your posts...you're a nobody.

Wilder has been calling Joshua out for a while and made a statement last night...Joshua and/or his team is obviously reluctant to fight Wilder...Joshua will either duck Wilder or get beaten by him...

That's all there is to it.

Comment

ShoulderRoll Redd Foxx [MENTION]larryxxx[/MENTION]

I don't think Aj himself has ducked but what Hearn is doing can fairly be called "avoidance". Asking him to fight Whyte first but w/ no guarantee of an AJ fight is hilariously bad. Hard to say exactly what Hearn will do but his recent statements give the whole thing such a bad look, one that unfortunately reflects on AJ.

I think AJ would fight anyone, anytime. But, with the way childish fans are, they can't separate the promoter from the fighter. So, you have people directly accusing AJ himself of ducking, and AJ fans feeling they need to defend Hearn's statements, which is a comically stupid sport-fan mentality.

You could insert the names Golovkin, Canelo, Ward, Kovalev, Stevenson, Loma, etc, etc and it would be like any other NSB conversation. I think the only honest assessments of all this are the ones that are willing to be critical of both. You'll rarely see those here. It's hard keeping up with hate from two different fanbases.
              Last edited by Redd Foxx; 11-05-2017, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Both fighters are free as of now.

Wilder just called out and challenged Joshua last night on national tv.

But it's fairly obvious that Hearn has no intention of having Wilder be AJ's next opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I don't think Aj himself has ducked but what Hearn is doing can fairly be called "avoidance". Asking him to fight Whyte first but w/ no guarantee of an AJ fight is hilariously bad. Hard to say exactly what Hearn will do but his recent statements give the whole thing such a bad look, one that unfortunately reflects on AJ.

I think AJ would fight anyone, anytime. But, with the way childish fans are, they can't separate the promoter from the fighter. So, you have people directly accusing AJ himself of ducking, and AJ fans feeling they need to defend Hearn's statements, which is a comically stupid sport-fan mentality.

You could insert the names Golovkin, Canelo, Ward, Kovalev, Stevenson, Loma, etc, etc and it would be like any other NSB conversation. I think the only honest assessments of all this are the ones that are willing to be critical of both. You'll rarely see those here. It's hard keeping up with hate from two different fanbases.
                  I guess my question is, how can it be considered avoidance, when nobody has avoided anyone yet? Negotiations havent even started. All we have is media soundbites from both sides, which we all know being hardcore boxing fans mean jack ****.

Canelo said 'mexicans dont **** around' and then proceeded to '**** around' for over a year before fighting GGG.

That said, I do think Hearn would rather Wilder fight Whyte first, not because he is throwing up road blocks, but it would make the Joshua fight massive over here. I guess you could say that shows how dangerous they know the Wilder fight is, because they want maximum reward to take the risk, but ultimately its just about maximising profits.

If they fight in 2018 i would be happy, even if it isnt their next fight. Boxing just doesnt work like we would want it to anymore. That goes for all countries and all divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Both fighters are free as of now.

Wilder just called out and challenged Joshua last night on national tv.

But it's fairly obvious that Hearn has no intention of having Wilder be AJ's next opponent.
                    Is anything fairly obvious right now? They havent started anything resembling negotiations yet

I think you guys are underestimating how much Sky/Hearn are pushing Wilder over here. They are trying to build the fight. Theyve had him ringside for AJ fights, theyve bought all his recent fights, Hearn talks about him in all his interviews.

If they didnt want the fight they would simply not talk about him. Pure and simple. Casuals over here get their boxing news from Sky Sports, if they dont talk about Wilder, nobody knows who he is, nobody calls for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post
                      I will respond...and FYI, no one follows your posts...you're a nobody.

Wilder has been calling Joshua out for a while and made a statement last night...Joshua and/or his team is obviously reluctant to fight Wilder...Joshua will either duck Wilder or get beaten by him...

That's all there is to it.
                      With due deference to your hating ability, Legendary Hater, you have been predicting the end of British boxing for about 10 years now with no success.

Forgive me if I take your opinions with a pinch of salt.

I tagged people like Shoulder Roll and Redd Foxx because I know ill get a decent discussion with them.

Comment

Working...
                      X