Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Takam Ratings: 334K for Live Telecast, 309K for Replay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    HBO's numbers aren't anything to brag about either.

Don't blame the networks....just stop trying to build AJ into some international superstar.

Klitscko vs. Joshua did better on HBO on tape delay than live on Showtime.

Klitschko vs. Pulev did like 600K live & over 1 million combined.

Showtime highest ratings last year was Wilder vs. Szpilka that did 500K.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      So you are admitting A.J is not a 'Global Superstar' like Hearn said and will acknowledge that Deontay is more popular? OK I got it.

Oh yeah Canelo can fight on premium channels in the UK and do better #'s than A.J -- Cashnelo is the face of boxing. FACTS.
      AJ is a global superstar but obviously, his popularity is not the same everywhere or why else do you think he is hesitant to fight in Las Vegas?

It is you Wilder fanboys that keep saying AJ vs Wilder does massive numbers right now, I've heard Wilder say that in many interviews. Eddie Hearn on the other hand says no, build the fight let AJ get more popular in America while Wilder gets more popular in the U.K and then when they clash it would be a superfight.

Nobody is saying AJ is more popular than Canelo but after Canelo the next most popular boxing global star is AJ and AJ is on course to overtake Canelo in a year or two if he keeps winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Antartica View Post
        AJ is a global superstar but obviously, his popularity is not the same everywhere or why else do you think he is hesitant to fight in Las Vegas?

It is you Wilder fanboys that keep saying AJ vs Wilder does massive numbers right now, I've heard Wilder say that in many interviews. Eddie Hearn on the other hand says no, build the fight let AJ get more popular in America while Wilder gets more popular in the U.K and then when they clash it would be a superfight.

Nobody is saying AJ is more popular than Canelo but after Canelo the next most popular boxing global star is AJ and AJ is on course to overtake Canelo in a year or two if he keeps winning.
        How is AJ a global star if he can't draw flies in the US? He could walk down the street in the US and nobody would even know who he is. Floyd and Manny can't even walk down the street on their own caused they'd get mobbed. AJ is a domestic star in UK only.

Comment

Smh

Lmao! Deontay Wilder has better numbers with Gerald Washington!!! Deontay is the 'A' Side! Broke Eddie Hearn cant afford Dominic Brassier for euro-bum Dillian Shyte! no wonder hes breaking into the American market, but these UK fanboys are telling me UK is the home of boxing...bwah....bwah...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wilder-Duhaupas averages 2.2 million viewers on NBC -- Step your game up A.J! nobody knows you! hehe.
          You can't compare Wilder's fight on free tv prime time to Joshua's fight on Subscription channel Showtime that's just dumb
          NBC CBS ABC FOX are all free TV everyone with a tv can watch those fights on Prime TV
          Joshua fight was on Showtime @ 5pm Unless you subscribe you're not gonna see it

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
            How is AJ a global star if he can't draw flies in the US? He could walk down the street in the US and nobody would even know who he is. Floyd and Manny can't even walk down the street on their own caused they'd get mobbed. AJ is a domestic star in UK only.
            Wilder has that same problem no one knows him

Comment

I already did in another thread and you ducked me son! but I got to go see a hoe in a few minutes, later A.J fanboy.
              Wilder's N01 FAN

Comment

A bunch of idiots here talk as if the USA numbers are the only thing that matters. Joshua doesn't need to fight in the USA, he makes a gets a lot of money and attention in the UK and he's a bigger star in Europe and that's all that matters. The same reason why Klitschko didn't fight in the USA either. Europe > USA when it comes to sports, all the big sport events and sport stars are in Europe.

Joshua should never go to the USA, Europe is the home of boxing right now, if Wilder wants to fight Joshua he needs to go to UK.

Comment

Lmao! Deontay Wilder has better numbers with Gerald Washington!!! Deontay is the 'A' Side! Broke Eddie Hearn cant afford Dominic Brassier for euro-bum Dillian Shyte! no wonder hes breaking into the American market, but these UK fanboys are telling me UK is the home of boxing...bwah....bwah...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wilder-Duhaupas averages 2.2 million viewers on NBC -- Step your game up A.J! nobody knows you! hehe.
                  Wilder needs to step his game up Never sold out an Arena in his Life Never boxed in front of 20 000 PPL Never made more than 5 millions dollars in a fight
                  AJ selling out 80 000 arenas getting paid US$20 million a fight.....Wilder step ya game up

Comment

So you are admitting A.J is not a 'Global Superstar' like Hearn said and will acknowledge that Deontay is more popular? OK I got it.
                    Wilder is unknown in Europe and isn't even particularly famous in the USA. Joshua fills stadiums with 90.000 people, Wilder would never draw such numbers.

Europe is the home of boxing and it has been this way since the Klitschko's. If the American heavyweights want big fights they have to come over to Europe.

Comment

Deontay's Showtime #'s are still better even with Spilzka and Molina, but I thought A.J was the man and a 'Superstar' for beating Klitschko?! don't try to downplay this or marginilize the PBC brand - free tv is the future of boxing and Deontay started that trend long ago being the first American HW champion to fight on FREE tv in over a decade. Deontay is a LEGEND.
                      AJ Fought in the UK these numbers are for the USA market
                      Lets see Wilders numbers when his fight is telecast in the UK
                      Thats how you compare

Comment

Working...
                      X